Gordy Haab's INDIANA JONES AND THE GREAT CIRCLE (Video Game 2024)

Seems like it. I think they've just added digital percussion to make the main trailer "epic" sounding compared to the rest of it. I'm hearing a lot of material that's definitely "theme material" and it's great.

8cu2wd.gif

Joking aside this looks like it could be good. But the cynic in me is always weary of buying games at launch. Unless I missed it but who did they get to play Indy? They sound pretty good in the footage shown. 

3 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

8cu2wd.gif

Joking aside this looks like it could be good. But the cynic in me is always weary of buying games at launch. Unless I missed it but who did they get to play Indy? They sound pretty good in the footage shown. 

Troy Baker

He sounds convincing for most lines, but some I just hear nothing but his normal voice

2 minutes ago, DarthDementous said:

Troy Baker

He sounds convincing for most lines, but some I just hear nothing but his normal voice

Thanks, now you've said that I can definitely hear it's his voice emulating Harrisons, causioningly waiting to hear the rest of his performance though. 

8 hours ago, Tydirium said:

Are we sure it’s the LSO? At least from the horn section, looks like London studio players to me.

Given the majority of Haab's Star Wars work has been with the LSO (outside of The Old Republic and Squadrons) this one will most likely be no different.

11 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Wow, that variation of the Indy theme at 3:17 is fantastic! That's really inspired.

That cue at 9:00... it's from Raiders isn't it?

Gordy Haab says:

Here's a little project I've been working on for the past couple years! I'm excited about this one because my first video game score was Indiana Jones, so it's full (great) circle for me to rejoin the franchise!! #IndianaJonesandtheGreatCircle

https://www.facebook.com/gordy.haab/posts/pfbid03pLoPaAMDN78Q11grnxxXJtkyUy7aEPZATPUcFMaXUtGpoJLrXcCCLNgWC5qC4aKl

A couple YEARS?

5 minutes ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

That cue at 9:00... it's from Raiders isn't it?

Yes that's 1M2 The Cave (released as "The Idol Temple" on the Concord edition, "In The Idol's Temple" on the DCC edition, and partially in "The Well of the Souls" on the OST album).

2 hours ago, TheAvengerButton said:

Given the majority of Haab's Star Wars work has been with the LSO (outside of The Old Republic and Squadrons) this one will most likely be no different.

Jedi: Survivor wasn’t the LSO; it was a contracted freelance orchestra.

I mean, like I said, it doesn’t look to be the LSO. Lol. The first chair horn player there in the video is Richard Watkins, a top London freelancer who usually plays first on Powell’s scores over there, and who played first on Jedi: Survivor.

EDIT: From what I can see, not a single horn player in the video is an LSO member.

Did a very rough rip of the introduction (beginning with TH’s introduction before the trailer). A friend of mine noticed that the Flight To Venice fanfare part made it in. (It’s at the very end)

34 minutes ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

Did a very rough rip of the introduction (beginning with TH’s introduction before the trailer). A friend of mine noticed that the Flight To Venice fanfare part made it in. (It’s at the very end)

I really loved that musical moment in the trailer...I shouldn't be surprised that it was actually Williams material

I hope it is fun. There are some portions of the new scores for Jedi games that I liked, especially when they explore new material. I hope it doesn't emulate the JW too close. While fun for 5 minutes, it is artistically pointless to ape someone. I would, however, enjoy someone's more personal take on Williams' vernacular (like Powell, for example). As long as it is creative, I am happy.

Karol

2 hours ago, Pieter Boelen said:

Hope the guy takes some inspiration from Emperor's Tomb.

Now THAT'S an Indy score!

I like it better than the last two Williams ones.

Hey bud, hey pal, hey friend....

I'm gonna need you to walk back that statement....like right now. Okay?

vince mcmahon GIF

9 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Hey bud, hey pal, hey friend....

I'm gonna need you to walk back that statement....like right now. Okay?

vince mcmahon GIF

I don't like it any more than you do.

I love Indiana Jones.

I love John Williams.

But the final two scores don't come anywhere close to the first three.

Emperors tomb suffers from synth underscore tracks though.

and it has no Jungle chase 🙂

but it was great. I spent hours editing it.

30 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Emperors tomb suffers from synth underscore tracks though.

True, that.

Budget was showing, I guess...

At least it got a mostly orchestral score.

Unlike the little bit in Infernal Machine...

30 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

and it has no Jungle chase 🙂

That one doesn't impress me so much either.

Apart from the unused alternate ending, which is really cool.

31 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

but it was great. I spent hours editing it.

:D

Throwing in my take on an album cover for the game. One of my layouts is similar to the one posted here previously. I’m mainly happy with the last one.TripTeamMusic - Album Cover Template (1).jpegThe Great Circle - Album Cover.jpegTripTeamMusic - Album Cover Template.jpeg

2 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

image.png

image.png

That looks awesome! What titles did you come up for the track list?

17 minutes ago, TheAvengerButton said:

Love those! I should get around to organizing my Emperor's Tomb sound files sometime to actually make a cohesive soundtrack. If anyone has any tips on that, that would be great.

Oof, I made an album I adore but I'd have to reacquire all the files to reconstruct what I did and hope yours have the same titles. I organised the location-specific cues into chrono chunks and went through them location by location, dropping in stingers or non-locationspecific Indy cues where needed.

2 hours ago, TheAvengerButton said:

Love those! I should get around to organizing my Emperor's Tomb sound files sometime to actually make a cohesive soundtrack. If anyone has any tips on that, that would be great.

Actually, about 20 years ago, I ran a website called LucasArts Soundtracks. For that I edited the complete music from the game (in fact, a rip from the Xbox version, as the audio files had a higher bitrate than the PC version) into a 2-CD album. I even used playthroughs of the game as a guide to make the track titles as sensible as possible.

image.png

image.png

It's been uploaded to YouTube here:

2 hours ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

That looks awesome! What titles did you come up for the track list?

I gave ChatGPT a description of the game, its locations and characters, and told it to come up with a soundtrack playlist in the style of Indiana Jones soundtrack releases. Then I edited it a bit afterwards :D

image.png