Hans Zimmer's DUNE PART TWO (2024)

Mephariel

So the composer who made the piece is a liar then? :blink:

Then again, it's fairly common for a theme to evolve past its initial intent, so I won't rule that out (especially when it could also just be a "lie through omission" sort of thing).

1 minute ago, MaxMovieMan said:

Hans has exaggerated/stretched the truth multiple times in the past to hype up his scores.

That's putting it gently.

On 29/02/2024 at 8:26 AM, badbu said:

what a movie!!! Wow!!! In IMAX it was an lifetime experience! Love it!

For me, there are no „important“ cues missing (thank god!). A few film versions, like „Arrival“ which is really good, and two or three cues from the first part. But no major cue like „No time for Caution“ ^^
After seeing these are my favourite cues:

Water of Life

Seduction

Travel South

Arrival

The Emperor

Worm Army

You fought well 

Kiss the Ring

Only I will Remain (that cue was so loud at the credits :D love it!) 

I honestly didnt hear any difference in The Arrival myself.

I did hear them in a lot of other tracks though. Plus a lot of microedits in some tracks like Eclipse.

the cue is a little bit longer and has some choirs at the end :) nothing „big“ but i really liked it.

Thank god there is not much sfx in it :) 

Why are people still arguing about this? The theme started as an opening for House Atreides, but only on sketchbook and not officially part of the musical canon.  

In Part 2, the theme was brought into the forefront to represent the love theme of Paul and Chani and the tragic journey of their relationship. The new version of the theme also takes on Fremen elements as Paul and Jessica and the Atreides are now being consumed by their culture. 

So it serves as both a love theme for Paul and Chani and to a lesser extent, an evolution of House Atreides.

6 minutes ago, Mephariel said:

Why are people still arguing about this? The theme started as an opening for House Atreides, but only on sketchbook and not officially part of the musical canon.  

According to previous posts

"as well as the track “Armada” on the first movie’s album. An unreleased variation plays when the Atreides arrive to Arrakis for the first time."

27 minutes ago, Faleel said:

According to previous posts

"as well as the track “Armada” on the first movie’s album. An unreleased variation plays when the Atreides arrive to Arrakis for the first time."

can we verify this? are there film clips on youtube that show the scene where the theme plays in part 1?

That theme has stuck with me since I saw the movie two days ago. It really nails the feelings of inevitability and melancholy. Very well done. 

27 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

can we verify this? are there film clips on youtube that show the scene where the theme plays in part 1?

The second half of "House Atreides" is feature prominently here. Part of the stanza bleeds into Paul and Chani's theme, but it is not quite the theme either.

Starts at 1:22

During the Armanda scene, the theme appears briefly

Starts at 2:03

The entire 3:30 segment opening of "House Atreides" is only on the sketchbook in Dune 1, but is feature prominently in Dune 2 as the love theme. What was actually played in Dune 1 does contain some variations of it, but never the whole thing.

The bagpipe theme is actually the same melody as the beginning of House Atreides and the love theme if you slow it down and change the tempo a bit.

26 minutes ago, MaxMovieMan said:

The bagpipe theme is actually the same melody as the beginning of House Atreides and the love theme if you slow it down and change the tempo a bit.

And thus the debate. For me, I have no stakes. To me, it is clear the theme is both a love theme (primary) for Paul and Chani, and a theme for the evolution of House Atreides (secondary). The film hinted this as well. If you recall, "A Time of Quiet Between the Storms" plays during the kiss scene, but also immediately serve as the background music for the montage that follows showing Paul's integration into Fremen culture. Zimmer also hinted this by saying "I hate calling it a love theme because it is so much more than that."

@MaxMovieMan thanks for your breakdown! It really helped me appreciate both of these scores better! As I said before, they're not exactly my favorite kind of music (lol) but there are still some moments I really like in them. 

One of these moments is the electric cello (Tina Guo?) on You Fought Well:

Which kinda reminded me of the score to Cyberpunk 2077:

Also, I think Southern Messiah is slightly different in the movie. I remember something resembling trumpets at the end of the speech scene, when the Fremen are rallying to Paul, then I went to the OST to listen to this part... nothing :(

3 hours ago, Mephariel said:

The second half of "House Atreides" is feature prominently here. Part of the stanza bleeds into Paul and Chani's theme, but it is not quite the theme either.

Starts at 1:22

During the Armanda scene, the theme appears briefly

Starts at 2:03

The entire 3:30 segment opening of "House Atreides" is only on the sketchbook in Dune 1, but is feature prominently in Dune 2 as the love theme. What was actually played in Dune 1 does contain some variations of it, but never the whole thing.

Thanks. Honestly, it is sufficient for me to conclude that it is a love theme for Paul and Chani. And has nothing to do with the House Atridies. I understand the reference but it is oblique at best. 

I think we can use this as an explanation. 

Stephane Humez of RCP said - "

He's not necessarily lying. Keep in mind Dune 1 was finished late 2020. The film came out late 2021. Hans continued writing after Dune 1 was locked. The Sketchbook released in 2021 had ideas for both movies, with some segments probably written after Dune 1 was already finished."

Source: https://hans-zimmer.com/discography/1/project/3591

What he is saying is indeed true. If you remember Dune was in fact completed and ready to go in 2020 but was pushed by a year. So Zimmer has finished the score for part 1 a year before the album came out. So it is possible he kept writing and included some of his new material in the Sketchbook. 

--

We have to go by eventually what we see in the movies. In the movies, the love theme represents the love theme only. The director who cut the movie and stuck the score in there says it is a love theme - 

Denis Villeneuve said: "I wanted Hans to write something unforgettable for Chani. A love theme, the love of Paul for Chani. I wanted something heartbreaking, and the most beautiful love theme ever written, and honestly I think he did it with the track A Time of Quiet Between the Storms."

Literally neither the director or the guy who wrote the score are not calling it a Atredies theme. Jon Burlingame asks him to explain the theme and Zimmer doesn't say it is an Atredies theme.

---

The other reason is - there is already a kind of Atredies theme! It is the Caladan theme. Again going by the movie - it plays at prominent points where there is a strong sense of the Atredies as a unit. It plays at the climax of the movie to represent that and when Paul meets another family member (vague due to spoilers).

So I think that the Caladan theme represents the Atredies and the love theme represents Paul and Chani's relationship. 

It's not beyond HZ to have made a new theme that's basically a modification of an existing one, even within the same franchise. I still don't know why he made the Mermaid theme off of Pirates 4 so similar to the Black Pearl one (outside of temp track abuse), so I don't consider it particularly far fetched if it is as simple as him taking a liking to a little idea he had planted and reworking it for something more.

8 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Also, I think Southern Messiah is slightly different in the movie. I remember something resembling trumpets at the end of the speech scene, when the Fremen are rallying to Paul, then I went to the OST to listen to this part... nothing :(

Honestly half of that track felt different. I could not even hear any of the vocals in the movie. The sound mixing for the music wasnt as good as the first movie to be honest.

True.

But the mixing on the first part was different too.

„Armada“ for example -> 5m36-37 Harkonnen Attack in that cue you can hear very good the Harkonnen motif which you can’t hear so strong in the album version etc.

I hope we get the FYC soon :) in maybe 6 month… :D

34 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

Honestly half of that track felt different. I could not even hear any of the vocals in the movie.

The track also got cut awkwardly short to match Paul’s speech so the build-up isn’t right. It sounds edited and weird. Still though the moment is spectacular in film and this is just me being a picky film score nerd.

Yeah Eclipse and Harkonnen Arena were also edited around. Though its possible that the film mixes came first and the soundtrack album just pasted together better sounding edits.

34 minutes ago, badbu said:

True.

But the mixing on the first part was different too.

„Armada“ for example -> 5m36-37 Harkonnen Attack in that cue you can hear very good the Harkonnen motif which you can’t hear so strong in the album version etc.

I hope we get the FYC soon :) in maybe 6 month… :D

Dont forget how the film version of 'Ripples in the Sand' got the organ blasting at the end instead of the guitar. So glad we got that in the FYC.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

Ah, another Zimmer epic with a “love theme” that may or may not be a love theme. This went well last time!

I'm out of the loop.  What was the last time?

Is it possible that the first track of the album is an addition to the Dune Sketchbook and not actual score? Its position within the album, the length and the thematic focus would imply that.

11 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

He again only and ONLY calls it the love theme - repeatedly - and does not mention House Atredies at all.

60719917-4b4e-433e-9f9e-cf2e38665a4b_tex

On 10/03/2024 at 6:51 AM, Stark said:

Ah, another Zimmer epic with a “love theme” that may or may not be a love theme. This went well last time!

Down to a negative Clemmensen review that complains about that very thing!

The Love theme is honestly far from the only one that is quite hard to categorize. I've seen people refer to at least 3 different themes as "Paul's theme"...

Quite honestly, given how the Zimmer factory works, I doubt he has any clue what is what. Since he just comes up with concepts and hands them off to his minions, it wouldn't surprise me if he was indeed hyping up the score like the the other person commented.

I do, though, think the score works very well with the film. It made me think back to Morricone's book where he said Williams was wrong in writing the score he did for Star Wars, and should have written something more avante garde. I think now we have perfect examples of both sides of that coin. I guess it's hard for me to say, since I wasn't around when the originals came out, but Star Trek had certainly been on TV and other Sci-Fi films, so although Star Wars doesn't seem so weird looking now, maybe it did then.

But while I was watching the Dunes, I was thinking what is the difference between the two (besides the obvious story mirroring). Because obviously both scores work so well, but Star Wars is some what fast paced and action packed, even though there are a lot of weird words and creatures, they are all kind of doing things or acting in a relatable way. Dune is very slow, with all of these weird sound effects, everything looks incredibly unforeseen, and the characters also act and conduct themselves in weird ways, and the music really lends itself to that. Even with themes, they're pretty reserved.

I love the second half of "Only I Will Remain." It sounds like light to me, which is interesting because I think that theme is meant to be foreboding and convey destruction. But the variation in that track doesn't do that for me.

4 hours ago, dylanskie said:

I love the second half of "Only I Will Remain." It sounds like light to me, which is interesting because I think that theme is meant to be foreboding and convey destruction. But the variation in that track doesn't do that for me.

I think that’s what Hans was going for honestly. The beauty and majesty of Paul getting his revenge and becoming emperor but also the realization of what it all really means

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I'm going crazy, I'm looking for a video clip where Hans describes how his aim with the Love theme was to go simpler. Anyone know what video I'm talking about?

So, now that Part 2 has been digitally released, I've rewatched it and have some thoughts.

1) The theme @MaxMovieMan calls "Fremen Chimes" appears twice in Part 2: 0:00 in The Sietch, and the unreleased track when Jessica leaves Paul to travel south.

2) The track Ornithopter Attack appears nowhere in the movie

3) The drum beat in Harkonnen Arena is in 7/4 (odd time signature just like Feyd Rautha's theme), while the beat under Kwisatz Haderach is in 4/4, so I'm not 100% that a thematic connection is implied.

4) The first 3 notes of Feyd Rautha's theme is a retrograde inversion of Paul's theme (The One)

5) There is no Seduction theme, it's just Feyd-Rautha's theme played in a high register on a harp or guitar

6) The Emperor's theme is played twice: 0:39 in The Emperor, and the unreleased track when the Emperor's guard humiliates the Baron.

12 hours ago, Monoverantus said:

5) There is no Seduction theme, it's just Feyd-Rautha's theme played in a high register on a harp or guitar

2) I think that track was meant to be used during the action scene of Rabban Harkonnen's attack to the fremen, when they get scared and run off, since I think there's no music in that scene. Perhaps they felt it worked better without score, butfrom what I remember, it could fit in there.

5) I noticed this as well while listening to the soundtrack again a few days ago. Particularly, in Harkonnen Arena, Feyd-Rautha's theme reminded me a lot of that Seduction theme, so I checked both Harkonnen Arena and Seduction back to back and it definitely feels like the same melody but with vastly different arrangements.

Listen to 0:45 of Harkonnen Arena and then to 0:50 of Seduction.

I also remember there were some unreleased variations on this idea.

12 minutes ago, Knight of Ren said:

2) I think that track was meant to be used during the action scene of Rabban Harkonnen's attack to the fremen, when they get scared and run off, since I think there's no music in that scene. Perhaps they felt it worked better without score, butfrom what I remember, it could fit in there.

5) I noticed this as well while listening to the soundtrack again a few days ago. Particularly, in Harkonnen Arena, Feyd-Rautha's theme reminded me a lot of that Seduction theme, so I checked both Harkonnen Arena and Seduction back to back and it definitely feels like the same melody but with vastly different arrangements.

Listen to 0:45 of Harkonnen Arena and then to 0:50 of Seduction.

I also remember there were some unreleased variations on this idea.

Yes the Feyd theme in the Arena track is definitively the same as in Seduction. The theme can also be heard in Song of the Sisters (in the latter half of the track) and that arrangement is quite similar to Seduction. However, there’s also a really cool vocal continuation/variation section of the theme in the suite which was sadly never used in the movie.

12 hours ago, Monoverantus said:

So, now that Part 2 has been digitally released, I've rewatched it and have some thoughts.

1) The theme @MaxMovieMan calls "Fremen Chimes" appears twice in Part 2: 0:00 in The Sietch, and the unreleased track when Jessica leaves Paul to travel south.

3) The drum beat in Harkonnen Arena is in 7/4 (odd time signature just like Feyd Rautha's theme), while the beat under Kwisatz Haderach is in 4/4, so I'm not 100% that a thematic connection is implied.

4) The first 3 notes of Feyd Rautha's theme is a retrograde inversion of Paul's theme (The One)

6) The Emperor's theme is played twice: 0:39 in The Emperor, and the unreleased track when the Emperor's guard humiliates the Baron.

The Chime theme is also in Part One but the tuning of the bells/notes are a bit different. It plays in the middle of Stillsuite and in an unreleased cue where Paul looks at the film books (before Hunter Seeker).

It’s a nice little idea which works so well with the Vast Mystery harmonies playing alongside it (like in Stillsuits).

I’ve uploaded some of the unreleased tracks from Dune: Part Two on my channel. They’re a little rippy but for the most part are pretty good. I used the 5.1 split on Audacity from the Vudu file and some AI for the reduction to overall create a solid product.

https://youtube.com/@completefilmania?si=7fofzzSySbvsRH79

Here’s one of the main unreleased tracks.

On 4/3/2024 at 2:15 AM, MaxMovieMan said:

To carry on @WampaRat’s thematic glossary I put together a thematic breakdown of the score as well as the chronological order. I’ve seen the film three times now and honestly it’s one of the best things I’ve watched in a long time. In combination with Part One I’d say this is a 10/10 movie.

RETURNING THEMES/MOTIFS

Dune Main Theme - 

I’ll be classifying the four-note theme as the “A” theme and the eight-note theme as the “B” theme to stay consistent. When both play at once I’ll refer to it as the main theme.

Fate/“The One” Theme - 

This theme is extremely underplayed on album. The theme in this film basically becomes Jessica’s after she… changes. It’s played on woodwinds quite a lot as she enacts her plans. There is a major missing variation of this theme that plays towards the end of the film. It has the Kwisatz Haderach motif as a counterpoint. I’m sure this will be on the FYC album.

Vast Mystery/Wonder Chords - 

Sadly this motif takes a backseat in this score. It plays a select couple times but doesn’t nearly have the presence it did in the first film.

Tragic Noble Theme - 

Another theme that is diluted this time around. It has a great appearance at the end of “Only I Will Remain” but that track doesn’t actually play during the film only the credits.

Impending Doom Motif - 

Although not actually appearing as much as it did in the first film, this motif makes a major impact on the film by playing in select important scenes relating to Paul’s dark future or even the darker actions he takes here.

Sorrow/Loss Motif - 

Sadly not featured on the album but there is a track in the film that features this motif. It plays twice and both times relates to how the Bene Gesserit prophecy is taking over the Fremen and leading them to war. Hopefully this track will be on FYC album.

House Atreides/Paul and Chani’s Love Theme - 

This theme goes from barely being featured in the first film to becoming the main theme of the second. It evolves from the bagpipe power anthem for House Atreides to a beautiful woodwind/Blade Runner-esque love theme for Paul and Chani.

Bene Gesserit Seduction Motif/Feyd Rautha Motif - 

This motif was originally featured on the second half of the track, “Song of the Sisters” from the sketchbook album. It was then developed menacingly into the six-note Feyd Rautha Motif now heard in this film.

Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

Arrakis Drum Motif

Harkonnen Screech

Harkonnen Clang

Fremen Chimes - 

This is a new motif that I noticed upon rewatching both films. It’s like a small little chime march that appears when characters are walking through the rocky terrain of the Sietches. It has a big appearance that’s not on the new album but it’s when…

Reveal hidden contents

(Sandwalk Video (FYC) - 0:22)

(Stillsuits - 1:55)

NEW THEMES/MOTIFS

Kwisatz Haderach Motif - 

New dark three-note cello motif for the culmination of the Bene Gesserit breeding process; the Kwisatz Haderach. Also has a drum rhythm behind it. Blares loud in theaters and often acts as a counterpoint to other main themes. It represents both Paul and Feyd as they’re both prospects for the Kwisatz Haderach.

(Harkonnen Arena - 4:48)

(Travel South - 0:06)

(Arrival - 0:00)

(You Fought Well - 0:12)

The Emperor’s Motif - 

Loud and grand motif that represents the emperor of the known universe. Features choir and some brass which most of Dune doesn’t have.

(The Emperor - 0:39)

TRACK-BY-TRACK BREAKDOWN (In chronological order)

Eclipse

Reveal hidden contents

0:30 - Arrakis Drum Motif

0:45 - Tragic Noble Theme

1:02 - Vast Mystery/Wonder Chords

1:20 - Tragic Noble Theme

1:36 - Impending Doom Motif

2:30 - Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

3:00 - Arrakis Drum Motif

The Sietch

Reveal hidden contents

0:02 - Fremen Chimes
0:40 - Dune “A” Theme

1:12 - Dune Main Theme

1:24 - Dune “A” Theme

2:15 - Fate/“The One” Theme

2:22 - Arrakis Drum Motif

Cistern of Souls (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

Water of Life

Reveal hidden contents

0:12 - Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

The Beauty and the Horror (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:23 - Fate/“The One” Theme

0:46 - Arrakis Drum Motif

Beginnings Are Such Delicate Times

Reveal hidden contents

0:00 - Arrakis Drum Motif

0:19 - House Atreides/Paul and Chani Love Theme

Paul and Chani (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:01 - House Atreides/Paul and Chani Love Theme

1:02 - Fate/“The One” Theme

1:14 - Arrakis Drum Motif

Harvester Attack

Reveal hidden contents

1:04 - Arrakis Drum Motif

1:45 - Impending Doom Motif

3:10 - Dune “A” Theme

A Time of Quiet Between Storms

Reveal hidden contents

0:28 - House Atreides/Paul and Chani Love Theme

Worm Ride

Reveal hidden contents

0:03 - Arrakis Drum Motif

0:44 - Fate/“The One” Theme

0:51 - Dune Main Theme

Jessica’s Manipulation (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:10 - Fate/“The One” Theme

0:25 - Arrakis Drum Motif

0:55 - House Atreides/Paul and Chani Love Theme

Jessica Heads South (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:19 - Sorrow/Loss Motif

0:58 - Fremen Chimes

1:35 - Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

Ornithopter Attack

Reveal hidden contents

0:03 - Harkonnen Screech

0:06 - Harkonnen Clang

1:30 - I don’t know what theme this is but it sounds like something from Batman lol.

Bene Gesserit Plan (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

Each Man Is a Little War

Reveal hidden contents

Harkonnen Arena

Reveal hidden contents

0:29 - Harkonnen Screech

0:45 - Bene Gesserit Seduction/Feyd Rautha Motif

0:52 - Harkonnen Screech

1:12 - Bene Gesserit Seduction/Feyd Rautha Motif

1:37 - Harkonnen Screech

1:40 - Bene Gesserit Seduction/Feyd Rautha Motif

1:59 - Harkonnen Clang

2:13 - Kwisatz Haderach Motif Rhythm

2:15 - Harkonnen Screech

3:25 - Bene Gesserit Seduction/Feyd Rautha Motif

4:48 - Kwisatz Haderach Motif Rhythm

5:00 - Harkonnen Screech

The Baron’s Gift (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:23 - Bene Gesserit Seduction/Feyd Rautha Motif

1:04 - Harkonnen Screech

Seduction

Reveal hidden contents

0:04 - Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

0:50 - Bene Gesserit Seduction/Feyd Rautha Motif

Feyd’s Anointment (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:31 - Bene Gesserit Seduction/Feyd Rautha Motif

Gurney Reunion (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

1:36 - Tragic Noble Theme

War is Coming (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:14 - Sorrow/Loss Motif

Atreides Arsenal (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:19 - Sorrow/Loss Motif

1:35 - Fate/“The One” Theme

Baby Sandworm (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

1:36 - Impending Doom Motif

Spice

Reveal hidden contents

The Bombing of Sietch Tabr (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:20 - Harkonnen Screech

0:20 - Harkonnen Clang

1:36 - Bene Gesserit Seduction/Feyd Rautha Motif

5:08 - Vast Mystery/Wonder Chords

Never Lose Me

Reveal hidden contents

0:09 - House Atreides/Paul and Chani Love Theme

Travel South

Reveal hidden contents

0:06 - Dune “A” Theme

0:06 - Kwisatz Haderach Motif

0:54 - Fate/“The One” Theme

Paul Drinks (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:35 - House Atreides/Paul and Chani Love Theme

Paul’s Vision (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

1:00 - Dune “B” Theme

1:17 - Vast Mystery/Wonder Chords

1:58 - Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

Resurrection

Reveal hidden contents

0:04 - Fate/“The One” Theme

0:58 - Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

1:35 - Impending Doom Motif

Arrival

Reveal hidden contents

0:00 - Kwisatz Haderach Motif

0:56 - Dune “A” Theme

Southern Messiah

Reveal hidden contents

1:22 - Impending Doom Motif

1:42 - Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

2:02 - Impending Doom Motif

4:05 - Vast Mystery/Wonder Chords

4:18 - Tragic Noble Theme

4:43 - Arrakis Drum Motif

4:46 - Impending Doom Motif

The Emperor

Reveal hidden contents

0:39 - The Emperor’s Motif

The Baron Confronts the Emperor (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:02 - Bene Gesserit Whispers/Chant

0:19 - Arrakis Drum Motif

3:10 - The Emperor’s Motif

Long Live the Fighters (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:24 - Dune “A” Theme

0:42 - The Kwisatz Haderach Motif

1:00 - Fate/“The One” Motif

1:16 - Dune “A” Theme

Worm Army

Reveal hidden contents

1:30 - Dune “A” Theme

2:14 - Bane?!?

2:32 - Dune “A” Theme

Paul Kills the Baron (UNRELEASED)

Reveal hidden contents

0:02 - Impending Doom Motif

2:01 - Arrakis Drum Motif

Gurney Battle

Reveal hidden contents

0:05 - Harkonnen Screech

0:26 - House Atreides Theme

2:05 - Harkonnen Screech

You Fought Well

Reveal hidden contents

0:01 - Dune “B” Theme

0:12 - Kwisatz Haderach Motif

0:48 - Dune “B” Theme

0:48 - Kwisatz Haderach Motif

Kiss the Ring

Reveal hidden contents

0:33 - House Atreides/Paul and Chani Love Theme

Only I Will Remain

Reveal hidden contents

0:00 - House Atreides/Paul and Chani Love Theme

3:42 - Arrakis Drum Motif

3:54 - Tragic Noble Theme

5:29 - Vast Mystery/Wonder Chords

Lisan al Gaib

Reveal hidden contents

0:00 - Fate/“The One” Theme

0:05 - Arrakis Drum Motif

2:30 - Dune “B” Theme

4:09 - Dune Main Theme

6:11 - Arrakis Drum Motif

Correct me on any mistakes I made and I hope you enjoyed the post.

I updated this breakdown with the unreleased tracks and also I have now come to realize that Feyd’s motif is actually just the seduction motif from the second half of “Song of the Sisters.” Hans decided to use the same motif again for a different purpose just like the House Atreides theme (Although the seduction motif was never heard in the first film only the sketchbook album).

On 16/04/2024 at 3:34 AM, MaxMovieMan said:

I’ve uploaded some of the unreleased tracks from Dune: Part Two on my channel. They’re a little rippy but for the most part are pretty good. I used the 5.1 split on Audacity from the Vudu file and some AI for the reduction to overall create a solid product.

https://youtube.com/@completefilmania?si=7fofzzSySbvsRH79

Here’s one of the main unreleased tracks.

PLEASE let at least this track be on the FYC. Hopefully at least a couple of the Harkonnen/Feyd tracks too.

On 21/04/2024 at 5:07 AM, Brónach said:

but it's not a different purpose: it's clearly about the bene gesserit.

It's not only used in the seduction scene though, it's used for Feyd in numerous scenes that aren't about the Bene Gesserit at all (at least no more than any scene about Paul is about them, since they both factor in their plans). So I think it's pretty safe to consider it Feyd's theme at this point.