Indiana Jones 5 (James Mangold, July 29 2022)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mutt died on the way back to his home planet

19 minutes ago, Thor said:

How's the music for the LEGO Indy thingie? Is that RCP-like? I don't know, I don't play videogames, and have no interest in LEGO.

If you're talking about the old Lego games from back in time, I'm pretty sure they used a lot of Young Indiana Jones stuff and material from the films. Also might have some of Clint's stuff thrown in as well from Emperor's Tomb.

Speaking of, I need to add Clint's Emperor's Tomb and Haab's Staff of Kings to my list of video game soundtracks that I think deserve an official release along with KOTOR II and The Force Unleashed games.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Back in time is relative. I think we're talking 2008, according to Wikipedia. They were composed by a guy called David Whittaker (not to be confused with British film composer David Whitaker - with one T - that was active in the 60s). But I have no idea what the music was like.

What I'm saying is I don't think David Whitaker composed original music as much as he was in charge of arranging already existing music from different sources into the game--I could be vastly mistaken but I'm not sure if he has a Composer credit or just a sort of Sound Design credit.

Edit: unless I am misunderstanding something completely, that is.

9 minutes ago, TheAvengerButton said:

If you're talking about the old Lego games from back in time, I'm pretty sure they used a lot of Young Indiana Jones stuff and material from the films. Also might have some of Clint's stuff thrown in as well from Emperor's Tomb.

As far as I can remember it was mostly bits from the actual scores for the first one. The second one had some other stuff that I didn't recognise at the time. No Emperor's Tomb.

Thanks for the info! So no original score for that, then, and certainly no RCP sound.

Beyond that, I can't think of any possible situations. Obviously, the old INDY PC games (THE LAST CRUSADE and THE FATE OF ATLANTIS), which I played religiously back in the 90s, have MIDI approximations of the original score or general sound, but that doesn't count.

For those with any interest--and I'm sure the great lot of you are probably already aware--there exists four officially released soundtrack albums featuring a selection of pieces from the Young Indiana Jones series.

Young Indiana Jones Amazon

They aren't too hard to acquire used copies of these on Ebay if you're willing to shell out hard cash (or you can find them on Youtube, of course if you aren't clamboring for high quality).

Of course I'm aware! I've owned all of them on CD since the 90s! Must-haves, IMO. And I wouldn't be opposed to more volumes, if they're conceived the same way.

Indeed. As he's proven in many other scores as well. I like Rosenthal's stuff too, but that's more "transparent" and thin somehow, compared to the boisterous stuff of McNeely.

38 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Man I miss playing those Lego Indy games, so fun!

I tried reinstalling 1 early this year, but a lot of these damn LEGO games (surprisingly not the old ones, SW Complete Saga runs just fine) simply throw an error and refuse to start if your screen doesn't have a very standard refresh rate, like my 48hz laptop screen. :crymore:

19 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Oh yes, I've never doubted that they would want anyone other than JW as their first choice.  I'm just highly skeptical that JW would take on a big action film now.  I'd be happy to be surprised, obviously.  

He'll finally have somewhere to use all his discarded ideas from the sequel trilogy.

9 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

FB_IMG_1615601874188.jpg

Drew Struzan shared this Last Crusade art today

This poster aptly illustrates why Tom Selleck & his hairy chest would have been all wrong for Indiana Jones.

12 hours ago, Quintus said:

Anyone else remember watching What Lies Beneath in 2000 and seeing Ford turning old for the first time? It was like this gutting minor seminal moment for me. 

Wasn't his name Norman and he was supposed to be a scientist or something? Just so unbelievable. 

https://www.screendaily.com/news/qumra-2021-phedon-papamichael-looks-forward-to-shooting-indiana-jones-5-at-the-uks-pinewood-studios/5158100.article

Mangold’s director of photography “excited to start shooting at pinewood...”

Take it for what it’s worth. Spielberg was also quoted as “excited to start shooting at pinewood” like,what, a year ago? And that fell through...:/ 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Spielberg is not directing Indy 5, he's only exec producing. James Mangold is the attached director.

Okay. 

Well, I can't say I'm very excited about this project, but the only consolation is, Indy V can't possibly be worse than Indy IV... That's just not feasible.