Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

7 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Sounds a lot like A Whirl Through Academe, at first listen.

Little snippet of Warehouse Escape too. Maybe hints of Escape from Venice.

How does the score sound in the overall mix, buddy?

You really only hear punctuated sections or flourishes between all the SFX of revved motors and crashing metal.

But we're also talking about a low quality phone recording, so the fact the music is audible at all is probably a positive sign?

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

This is all I get if I click his circled profile pic in your image >shrug<

image.png

Try hitting the smaller rings in the wall/ post list, or maybe this link:

https://m.facebook.com/story/view/?bucket_id=103142365150349&exit_to_referer=1&viewer_session_id=b83dd225-ed27-43a0-bb15-8e735c23a116&source=post_header_actor_photo&paipv=0&eav=AfZl-AV4M66MlIx5n4BjtjOQEUhP8laFp8vMhGK486gAkfrLRPZ2XPRVNxVjrN5kKOw

Just now, A Farewell to Kings said:

This is all I see when I click that link

image.png

You have to open it in the app I think. It worked for me that way.

JW still as sharp as a tack with his action writing. Heard variations on the Raider’s March and Helena’s Theme, and it seems Voller has his own motif.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

You have to open it in the app I think. It worked for me that way.

JW still as sharp as a tack with his action writing. Heard variations on the Raider’s March and Helena’s Theme, and it seems Voller has his own motif.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

This is all I see when I click that link

image.png

Huh, worked for me on Firefox mobile!

Several Escape from Venice fragments/references throughout, which is fun! I really hope they're not tracked :lol:

Plus a cool Chase Through Coruscant-esque percussion section, and echoes of Anderton's Great Escape.

Overall sounds like an amalgamation of his TLC and KOCS action writing, which is fine with me!

Can't wait to hear this clean :wub:

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

Several Escape from Venice fragments/references throughout, which is fun! I really hope they're not tracked :lol:

Yeah I swear I heard the buildup to "The Propellers"

I'm still annoyed that it's set in the late 1960's. It should be 40ish years after Raiders of the Lost Ark. So more like mid 1970's. Maybe even 1977...

I've tried 3 different browsers and all I see when I click this guy's story is this:

image.png

Has no one put it up on youtube or reddit yet?

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

If they were tracked, I thought they fitted seamlessly into the original music. 

Similar to the Tie Fighter music in the Battle of Crait.

They're just such obscure fragments!

Perhaps JW referred to the TLC sheets before writing DOD, or it might be some temp track love?

I guess KOCS had that obscure quote of Ah, Rats!!! too.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

They're just such obscure fragments!

Perhaps JW referred to the TLC sheets before writing DOD, or it might be some temp track love?

I guess KOCS had that obscure quote of Ah, Rats!!! too.

Finn's Confession.

1 hour ago, Tallguy said:

I'm still annoyed that it's set in the late 1960's. It should be 40ish years after Raiders of the Lost Ark. So more like mid 1970's. Maybe even 1977...

Yeah, the movie could begin with Indy watching A New Hope in theaters and saying something like: "that actor that plays Han Solo doesn't know how to act"

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think the most jarring thing about the trailer was him in front of a television. It just feels so weird.

I think this is fun. The movie seems fun.

15 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Yeah, the movie could begin with Indy watching A New Hope in theaters and saying something like: "that actor that plays Han Solo doesn't know how to act"

Funny thing is, I just wanted it to be mid 70's. And I don't need ANY reference beyond that. If they absolutely HAVE to they can nod to Jaws or The Godfather. I don't need to see anything about Ford's OTHER Lucas movies.

I'm sure they're pushing their luck as it is, but it would have been neat if it had been 1981.

The clip was fun.  Maybe they pushed their luck having a car chase go on for 6 straight minutes (they sure would have covered a lot of ground going that fast for 6 straight minutes - lucky they didn't hit any traffic!).... but it was fun.

Really hard to hear the score due to it being a cell phone recording 

Finally saw the trailer (I was in the road during the whole day and decided to wait to watch the best possible version instead of on my phone). It's great! And the best part is seeing a lot of comments on YouTube praising not only Ford but also John Williams.

2:28 to 2:36 of that clip that cerebral cortex shared sounds EXACTLY like KOTCS. What cue is that from in crystal skull?????

Oh and Indy's line: "I know Tangier" actually made me lol.  I'm feeling great about this movie.

Fun trailer! I wonder if the flashback scenes will be integrated through the movie or if we'll get it in mostly one chunk somewhere....or maybe at the beginning a la Last Crusade.

The previous trailers had raised my expectations for the film. This trailer lowered my expectations back down to what they were, and then some.

2 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

I'm actually really enthused by those 6 minutes of uninterrupted footage, the action felt really good and had that nice scrappy feel I associate with Indiana Jones. Seems like at least for the action they've nailed the tone

The scene was fun.  I really like how the sequence integrated real dialogue and character interaction along with the action--a refreshing change from many action scenes of late.  

10 hours ago, MrJosh said:

Fun trailer! I wonder if the flashback scenes will be integrated through the movie or if we'll get it in mostly one chunk somewhere....or maybe at the beginning a la Last Crusade.

It's the opening I believe. Quite long as well

4 hours ago, Jay said:

As long as we get what Williams wrote on the album I don't care what gets changee for the film

it would be nice if the movie is made nicely though

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Huh, opposite for me.

The previous trailer didn't impress me too much, but this one was significantly better IMO

perhaps it's simply edited to be more fun.

do you think they will use Sympathy for the Devil in a weird as heck late sixties montage where older Indy wakes up, rides the train surrounded by annoying little boomers, and goes to the uni where they do the surprise party?

33 minutes ago, Brónach said:

Do u think they will use Sympathy for the Devil in a weird as heck late sixties montage where older Indy wakes up, rides the train surrounded by annoying little boomers, and goes to the uni where they do the surprise party?

I bloody hope so because that sounds hilarious!

19 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

My bet is on Tony Stella, who did these great Raiders and Temple prints.

E4CieeeVEAMU8Rm.jpgtap4b289y3571.jpg

I too can relate to spending hours on something only to then misspell a critical word in the titling.

He did one for Crusade as well.

FtJ7yWbWAAEItO4.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Brónach said:

maybe the 6 min chase sequence is dependant on the absence of action in other segments

Could be that there is no big action set piece at the end.