JAWS - 2015 Intrada 2CD Release (Complete film tracks & original LP re-recording)

Jay

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

7 - By December 20 of this year, the listing changed to " (Temporarily out of stock) Sorry but we do not know when this title will be back in stock. It's one of several titles waiting to be re-pressed as time permits."

This was actually noticed by @Chewy much earlier this year, but apparently no forum post was made about it?

4xhfCxI.png

10 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

You missed one:

8 - I missed this release and I regret it to this day 😔

Keep your eye on eBay listings. The prices are usually exorbitant, but one occasionally pops up for less. Also, if you see the higher-priced ones just languishing there, I'd try sending the sellers your best offer even if the "Best Offer" option isn't there. The worst they can do is ignore it. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Mr. Hooper said:

Keep your eye on eBay listings. The prices are usually exorbitant, but one occasionally pops up for less. Also, if you see the higher-priced ones just languishing there, I'd try sending the sellers your best offer even if the "Best Offer" option isn't there. The worst they can do is ignore it. Good luck!

Good advice, but if it will indeed be back soon on Intrada’s site, his best bet would probably be to just wait till then!

37 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Good advice, but if it will indeed be back soon on Intrada’s site, his best bet would probably be to just wait till then!

"If" being the key word!

I wish they’d put the take of “Man Against Beast” that’s used in the stereo version of the film. I get that it’s a mis-take but it’d still be a fun little bonus. 

It's only used on the 2000 modernized mix with the new sound effects and such. The performance on the Intrada CD matches the take in the film's 1975 mono mix.

Is it the only incorrect take that the 2000 mix uses?  Or at least the most noticeably different incorrect take?

Because if either of the above is true, then I wouldn't see the harm in including it.  'Course there'd also be no harm in excluding it either.  Wouldn't be a huge problem one way or the other.

1 minute ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

Is it the only incorrect take that the 2000 mix uses?

I believe so, because wasn't the story behind it being used that the take used/chosen was damaged and they couldn't fix it in time for the 2000 release?

17 hours ago, Jay said:

It's only used on the 2000 modernized mix with the new sound effects and such. The performance on the Intrada CD matches the take in the film's 1975 mono mix.

Oh that 2000 mix with those terrible canned sound effects, like the shattering glass when the shark breaks into the boat. Hate it.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I’m so glad they’ve brought it back with the same configuration and extras.

Unless they've forgotten to tell it's now a different program...

2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Time to add a new chapter to the story! I’m so glad they’ve brought it back with the same configuration and extras. Hopefully they also reissue their great 2CD set of Jaws 2…

Yavar

Actually super appreciative you quoted me here so I could get the notification as I know I would not have clicked on this thread because I didn't want to be disappointed again!

3 hours ago, Holko said:

That's why you tell them and the customs office to go to hell and buy from european stores like musicbox-records.com or soundtrackcorner.de or intermezzomedia.com.

Yeah, absolutely, seconded: regular customer of soundtrackcorner.de here and usually I do (if I'm in Europe)! Can't recommend that site too highly - an excellent service. Haven't tried the others, but I will. 

16 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Unless they've forgotten to tell it's now a different program...

Yeah I'm wondering about that too. Did they find a workaround to have the identical program? 

13 hours ago, Badzeee said:

I have an old 2000 Decca release, but never picked this up and it always nagged at me. Felt like an omission.

It was.

7 hours ago, Steve said:

Shipping to europe: 29 $

Are they dumb?

Probably not. That's probably just what the shipping companies charge.

In my experience, ordering larger (consumer-sized) batches of CDs from the Labels or from Euro stores comes out about the same, except that ordering from overseas adds handling fees by the customs and/or post offices and has the risk of the package being taxed incorrectly (often too high). And I suppose retail stores have more economic means for importing large numbers of stock, so any possible advantages of ordering locally probably stem from that.

10 hours ago, Holko said:

That's why you tell them and the customs office to go to hell and buy from european stores like musicbox-records.com or soundtrackcorner.de or intermezzomedia.com.

Anybody ever used beatrecords.it? Seems to be a bit cheaper :huh:

1 hour ago, ciarlese said:

Hmm, I opened it, clicked on Solo and saw it was 43€. Then I closed it.

6 minutes ago, Holko said:

Hmm, I opened it, clicked on Solo and saw it was 43€. Then I closed it.

It's the same price as soundtrackcollectors.de. Other titles are cheaper, even by 10% (for example Heidi/Jane Eyre)

4 hours ago, ciarlese said:

Yes: I've used them a few times over the years; mostly for Morricone stuff.  They're a little slow to ship but communication is good and postage to the UK wasn't too bad from what I can recall.

Another site I've used in the past is vascocine.fr.  They are slightly more expensive than the others but good to deal with.

Am pleasantly surprised to see Intrada making JAWS available again and happy for those who missed out to now be able to get a copy at a reasonable price.  It is strange though: no announcement or anything; simply back in stock with an unaltered programme after years of being unavailable...

2 hours ago, Trope said:

Would anyone happen to know what site has the cheapest shipping to Australia?

Depends how many items you order but Intrada is generally the best value for larger purchases.

4x 2CD sets (or any combination that results in 7CDs) costs $31 USD to Australia. If you want only Jaws, they actually charge the 1CD shipping price for 2CD sets ($20 USD).

That's why I wait for larger purchases, because a single order with 4 sets is $31. Much cheaper than paying $20 four times.

32 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Depends how many items you order but Intrada is generally the best value for larger purchases.

4x 2CD sets (or any combination that results in 7CDs) costs $31 USD to Australia. If you want only Jaws, they actually charge the 1CD shipping price for 2CD sets ($20 USD).

That's why I wait for larger purchases, because a single order with 4 sets is $31. Much cheaper than paying $20 four times.

If they had informed us that Jaws was coming back in stock, I would have waited one more week before ordering A.I. + Dad from their site! Then again, I see that Dad is now out of stock. Hopefully Jaws will remain in stock for the next few weeks/months before I can order again…

I'm guessing a new Intrada JW title isn't far off (based on their list of upcoming composers), so it's probably worth holding off for a few months.

11 hours ago, Trope said:

If they had informed us that Jaws was coming back in stock, I would have waited one more week before ordering A.I. + Dad from their site! Then again, I see that Dad is now out of stock. Hopefully Jaws will remain in stock for the next few weeks/months before I can order again…

I've more-or-less given up on more than one item I want being in stock at the same time so as to cut down on postage costs. The stars - or labels release schedules - just never seem to align. 

21 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It was.

Knowing you have a backdoor telepathic passkey to my desires makes me feel so terribly comfortable. 

12 hours ago, ajc384 said:

Wow!  The repressing is out of stock already!  That didn't take long.  Either Intrada pressed a tiny batch or there were many, many people waiting to order it.  Hope everyone who wanted a copy managed to get it...

My guess is they found a few remaining copies. 

3 hours ago, Andy said:

Stop playing with yourself.

I don't have to take this abuse much longer!