John Williams at La-La Land Records

Jay

The film ones I have. Lost in Space and Land of the Giants are the ones I skipped. 

I’m  hoping they’ll reissue a JW only Irwin Allen TV collection. I never watched those shows, and don’t have attachments to them like I do for, say Star Trek TOS. 

I bet I would really dig them. I just need more time.  And I enjoy watching shows with my wife, who might not enjoy them.  They’re in on the “Some Day” list. 

11 hours ago, Andy said:

The film ones I have. Lost in Space and Land of the Giants are the ones I skipped. 

I’m  hoping they’ll reissue a JW only Irwin Allen TV collection. I never watched those shows, and don’t have attachments to them like I do for, say Star Trek TOS. 

Same here, I didn’t purchase the TV box sets but would instantly buy JW-only sets.

I have 14 of these titles. All of them magnetic and wonderful. My only niggle was the sound quality of the Towering Inferno in the Box Set. I suppose I was hoping brand new tapes had been found but to my ears I just didn't get the impression of any marked improvement. Despite my disappointment I know full well that the producers did the very best with the elements they had for this major restoration project. What puts the cherry back on the cake for me is the sheer beauty of design in terms of art work, liner notes and everything else with Lalaland. Truly albums to be cherished. Roll on the next 500!

1 hour ago, Thor said:

The only one I have interest in is SUPERMAN IV. But it's proven very hard to find on the secondary market, to an affordable price.

Secondary market? It’s in print and in stock directly from LLL right now, Thor:

https://lalalandrecords.com/superman-iv-the-quest-for-peace-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

Yavar

I actually have a CD-R of it as it appeared in the FSM Superman box (also as files on my computer). But it's that pesky little completist urge that means I need to get in a proper commercial, physical format now that it's available outside the box.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I actually have a CD-R of it as it appeared in the FSM Superman box (also as files on my computer). But it's that pesky little completist urge that means I need to get in a proper commercial, physical format now that it's available outside the box.

If you like, I can include it in an LLL order when they have a 25% discount again. 

On 14/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, GerateWohl said:

They are showing the anniversary editions for each CD separately except for A.I.

They didn't include the re-release of 1941 and Saving Private Ryan is not a 2CD release. Nitpicking over.

Can we get one from Intrada where it's just Jaws and the whole poster is just:

(The Jaws 2CD set is currently sold out but will likely be re-issued at some point with a slightly different program)

That way I can be reminded of how much I regret taking a huge break from this forum to miss one of my favorite scores.

Looking at that poster makes me so greatful for everything lalaland has done to getting these scores out. But I'm now realising, of the pre 2005 Spielberg/Williams collaborations, it's just The Terminal and Catch Me If You Can left to expand right? (Not including the Indy Films, Sugarland being vetoed, Jaws and War of the World's being released by Intrada) 

6 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

of the pre 2005 Spielberg/Williams collaborations, it's just The Terminal and Catch Me If You Can left to expand right?

Yes, though it's worth noting that the three Indy scores and Hook were not done by Mike.  If he were to do those as well as the two you mentioned, he will have done the entire Spielberg/Williams feature film catalog from 75-05

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Yes, though it's worth noting that the three Indy scores and Hook were not done by Mike.  If he were to do those as well as the two you mentioned, he will have done the entire Spielberg/Williams feature film catalog from 75-05

Exactly, which made me wonder, lalalands other reissues are just the same program as the original right? So if they do get to revisit Hook they might be prioritising the other two first before going back to it, as Hook presumably would be built from the ground up as well?

17 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Honestly, I've had a lot of trouble getting into it. I mostly just play Sean's Theme.

It’s a fantastic score overall. The action music is exceptionally good and shares *some* similarities with Attack of the Clones that was released the same year. It’s a great score. “Everybody Runs!” and “Anderton’s Great Escape” are just two of the many highlights. And LLL+Mike, as always, did an outstanding job with the expanded edition.

On 16/12/2022 at 6:43 PM, A. A. Ron said:

Honestly, I've had a lot of trouble getting into it. I mostly just play Sean's Theme.

The expansion was really an eye opener for me. 

On 17/12/2022 at 12:16 PM, JTW said:

It’s a fantastic score overall. The action music is exceptionally good and shares *some* similarities with Attack of the Clones that was released the same year. It’s a great score. “Everybody Runs!” and “Anderton’s Great Escape” are just two of the many highlights. And LLL+Mike, as always, did an outstanding job with the expanded edition.

One of my absolute favourites: On the Run

and Spiders is great, too. 

I mean, these tracks were on the OST, too. But this expansion really has a great flow.

12 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Not an ear opener? ;)

Speaking of eye opening, in Minority Report John Anderton has to open his eyes in a certain suspenseful and effective scene in the bathtub.