Williams conducts at Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny US premiere

DangerMotif

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Indy's theme was more pronounced in Mutt.  I think it was more of a performance accentuation than change, but maybe Williams did revise it. 

That was my impression as well. 

7 minutes ago, Obi said:

I'm so afraid that means Shia is in the movie right now :lol:

Mangold made comments forever ago saying he wasn't but we'd know what he is up to.

3 hours ago, Obi said:

I'm so afraid that means Shia is in the movie right now :lol:

If you want to know, here's a spoiler - 

Spoiler

He's not. But he's mentioned. If you want to know what he's up to, let me know.

7 hours ago, Pieter Boelen said:
20 hours ago, DangerMotif said:

Raiders march

Riiight.

Because that's from DoD.

*slaps head*

It's *in* DoD (we can assume), so it's (also) from DoD.

Ford in that clip looks to me like he's eagerly anticipating the Williams reveal, and while he's still being introduced himself.

3 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

If you want to know, here's a spoiler - 

I know his fate from the other thread, but I still want a confirmation from someone who actually saw the movie. Could you post in a spoiler block?

Spent over a year listening to cell phone recordings of Helena's Theme. It's slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite recent non-Star Wars Williams pieces since The People's House from Lincoln. I haven't wanted to hear a film score this badly since The Force Awakens. 

I need the score and the track so bad. Need a score to listen to on a loop besides Across the Spider-Verse.

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I know his fate from the other thread, but I still want a confirmation from someone who actually saw the movie. Could you post in a spoiler block?

Here you go. About Mutt

Spoiler

He died in the war. That caused Marion and Indy's marriage to fall apart and they divorced. That's the reason Marion and Murt don't show up.

24 minutes ago, Damien F said:

@lairdo Did you hear any McGuffin themes from earlier films (Ark theme, Grail Theme, Call of the Crystal, etc...) Thanks.

I'll put this in spoiler text just in case others do not wish to know the answer.

Spoiler

Unless I missed them, no, I did not hear them. Certainly not the Ark or Skull. I was less clear on the Grail because there is a relic that is slightly related in the first part of the film and there is a piece of art from Last Crusade on Indy's wall.)

4 hours ago, lairdo said:

I'll put this in spoiler text just in case others do not wish to know the answer.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_8748.gif

On 15/06/2023 at 9:36 AM, lairdo said:

The first 20% of the which takes place in the 40s is pretty much all scored and many old themes and motifs from the franchise can be heard winding their way through the action. 

Do you remember what specifically? 

2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

The buzz can't top TFA for me. I felt like we were all gonna explode. 

Never been more hyped for a score (or a film). Remember playing that one TV Spot with Jedi Steps in it and the clip from the American Music Awards on a loop just to feel something. Still remember one guy called me some unsavory things cause he didn't think the music in the spot was new score. Man I got the last laugh then. Lol

Good times.

2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

The buzz can't top TFA for me. I felt like we were all gonna explode. 

Same with The Phantom Menace in 1999. 

6 minutes ago, JTW said:

Same with The Phantom Menace in 1999. 

I realize this discussion comes down to age, but yes to this.  In fact, if my memory serves, the buildup to the TPM is why this site even exists.  

On 16/6/2023 at 1:08 PM, Jay said:

It hasn't been over a year yet; Williams debuted it at the Hollywood Bowl on September 3

I think we all get the point the commenter is making. 

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I realize this discussion comes down to age, but yes to this.  In fact, if my memory serves, the buildup to the TPM is why this site even exists.  

Yeah, I was 9 and not quite engaged with the expectations the same way, although of course the movie was in my orbit. 

I think I just feel more relieved than truly manic about this score, same as Rise of Skywalker. Like I am still a little bit in disbelief that a couple JWFans have heard this thing and I'm gonna in less than 2 weeks. 

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Spielberg: *making sure Mangold isn't listening*  "Johnny, i'll give you $20 to play Mutt's theme...."

JW: "but Steven he died he's all dead"