Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Even if I made it look exactly like the real thing, I would know it wasn't the real thing. Would bug me for the rest of my life.

I can tell you I got hold of the last copies.

The limited availability of the Indiana Jones film soundtrack CD may stem from a contractual agreement with composer John Williams. Disney likely printed few copies to meet obligations and avoid potential losses if the movie underperformed. This decision could make it challenging for passionate fans and collectors to obtain the soundtrack.

Disney's next move is uncertain and could go in several directions. They might reprint the CD to meet demand, strengthen their bond with fans, or opt for an expanded release in collaboration with specialty labels, offering unreleased tracks and exclusive packaging. Alternatively, Disney may choose to maintain the limited edition status, valuing its exclusivity among collectors. The decision will depend on fan demand, financial viability, and strategic considerations, shaping Disney's commitment to satisfying their audience and preserving the legacy of Indiana Jones film music.

As a sign of protest against Disney's limited availability of the Indiana Jones film soundtrack CD, some passionate fans and collectors may consider taking a stand and expressing their dissatisfaction. They might contemplate boycotting the eventual Blu-ray and DVD releases of the movie as a way to show their disappointment with the company's decision regarding the soundtrack.

37 minutes ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

Screw it, I’m just burning it onto a cd and making my own CD case with custom album art

Yeah! Fuck the system! Stick it to the mouse!

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

Disney's next move is uncertain and could go in several directions. They might reprint the CD to meet demand, strengthen their bond with fans,

outside of this forum and FSM, and maybe a few tweets from non-members, how strong would this demand have to be?

Has there been any tweet yet with 1,000+ likes or something? ----- because that's when Disney will prob start to atleast have an intern look at the tweet.

All in all this sucks.  Disney sucks. 

Just look at the difference in UI and design from their regular online store compared to Music Emporium.

Music Emporium might as well have digital cobwebs.

Trust me, huge companies like Disney don't fuck with having awful ugly websites, especially these days.  They simply don't care to spend the money there.  And this would trickle into the amount of pressing they do (or don't do in this case)

They could care less about their music, and even less about CD's.

edit: i responded to AI.  FML

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

The limited availability of the Indiana Jones film soundtrack CD may stem from a contractual agreement with composer John Williams. Disney likely printed few copies to meet obligations and avoid potential losses if the movie underperformed. This decision could make it challenging for passionate fans and collectors to obtain the soundtrack.

Disney's next move is uncertain and could go in several directions. They might reprint the CD to meet demand, strengthen their bond with fans, or opt for an expanded release in collaboration with specialty labels, offering unreleased tracks and exclusive packaging. Alternatively, Disney may choose to maintain the limited edition status, valuing its exclusivity among collectors. The decision will depend on fan demand, financial viability, and strategic considerations, shaping Disney's commitment to satisfying their audience and preserving the legacy of Indiana Jones film music.

As a sign of protest against Disney's limited availability of the Indiana Jones film soundtrack CD, some passionate fans and collectors may consider taking a stand and expressing their dissatisfaction. They might contemplate boycotting the eventual Blu-ray and DVD releases of the movie as a way to show their disappointment with the company's decision regarding the soundtrack.

This sounds like a Variety article. You should publish it. I mean it. Great summary.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Am I the only one noting that Bespin sometimes uses AI to write his posts?

This one, this one, and this one are obviously that.

i was gonna say.....that was an incredible post from someone who lately only posts emojis and a picture of a CD :lol:

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Am I the only one noting that Bespin sometimes uses AI to write his posts?

I'm used to his posts getting weird, so I've stopped reading them. 

Yes, I have conducted several tests using AI. The AI is capable of generating great summaries, and all I need to do is provide the main ideas I want to develop. However, I must admit that the style of the AI-generated content can be somewhat lackluster!

Sorry, another style? :lol:

Yes, I try many AI tests. It creates excellent summaries, just need to provide main ideas I want to expand. But, style is quite dull, I admit!

2 hours ago, rough cut said:

The Disney online store has a link for  “Product Ideas & Feedback“.

Link here:

www.disneymusicemporium.com/page/feedback

It probably won’t help but it sure can’t hurt to leave a message.

I sent this:

If anyone else wants to do it, I guess there’s strength in numbers.

Remember to be polite.

Done!

6 hours ago, TheTennisBallKid said:

I’ve gotten the shipping notice for mine, but like others have said if you track it looks like it’s just sitting there.

Mine started moving through the network last night.

5 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Has there been any tweet yet with 1,000+ likes or something? ----- because that's when Disney will prob start to atleast have an intern look at the tweet.

I'd imagine if you can motivate all potential soundtrack fans to add their voice, you could gather a few of hundred (maybe very few thousand, MAX) people. And you're not going to motivate them all. In the grand scheme of things, we're a tiny blip, at best. When it comes to blindly pitching economics vs customer satisfaction, we don't matter at all.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I mean, I read every post on this forum, so I know Bespin's voice.  His posts written by AI instead were therefore immediately apparent to me.

The grammar was suspiciously correct! :P

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

Yes, I try many AI tests. It creates excellent summaries, just need to provide main ideas I want to expand. But, style is quite dull, I admit!

On the other hand, style is mainly what the AIs are trained on. They don't have a concept of the actual content.

2 hours ago, Foxfan said:

This is why I think Congress should add a "use it or lose it" clause in copyright law, so that the rights holder can't seek civil damages from someone making bootleg copies available, because clearly by not making (and keeping) works available for purchase, Disney themselves have estimated the market value of the product to be nil.

Well, there *is* such a clause, when it comes to copyright *claims*: Guard your copyright, or lose it. That's why e.g. Nintendo so strictly acts against emulators, because if anyone can claim that so far they've been accepting their existence without taking measures, one might assume that they've given up on that particular claim. It's possibly causing more harm than good.

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Hello Jason, I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to share something intriguing that I've recently noticed. It seems like Bespin, the person we've been interacting with, is using AI to write everything he says. I picked up on some patterns and phrasing that seem too consistent to be a mere coincidence. It's fascinating to see how AI technology has advanced to the point where it can simulate human-like responses convincingly. While it does make me wonder about the authenticity of our conversations, it's also a testament to the incredible progress in artificial intelligence. I apologize, but your free trial period has expired. Please sign up or log in to continue using this language model.

9 minutes ago, HunterTech said:

Gee, now I'm worried I write too formally to always be perceived as a human :lol:

Would an AI know to use an emoji? Or, if they haven't learned to write like millennials, then probably not:lol:

9 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I've seen little kids use that amount of emojis, so yeah I guess it does know how to replicate themROTFLMAO

9 hours ago, Holko said:

While we're writing to Mangold and Marshall, why not ask for expansions?

Because that's unrealistic and asking for too much, and risks dooming the whole thing.

Disney has a master for the CD ready and available. It would be extremely simple to press more right now.

Us convincing Mr. Mangold or Mr. Marshall to request more CDs be pressed is completely realistic.

There are no masters for an expanded release. They would need to pay people to do that, and it would take months, if not years to get all that ready and approved. There will be no appetite at Disney to do that after the movie flopped financially.

Asking for the moon would ensure we get nothing.

We should be asking Mr. Mangold and Mr. Marshall only for more of the current album CDs to be pressed.

Given the almost vicious level of inattention Disney’s giving this CD release, even those who ordered one in time shouldn’t be surprised if their copy comes in the mail with an unsold KOTCS disc in the tray or a CD-r of the DoD score ripped from Youtube at 128kbps. That’d be in keeping, wouldn’t it?

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Am I the only one noticing that Bespin sometimes uses AI to write his posts?

I noticed that too. I think it's easy to spot AI-written texts, they're usually too formal, without a single grammar mistake and also sum up the events in the nicest and least offensive way possible.

14 hours ago, Bespin said:

He's right, here's my actual voice:

Ah, oui, I 'ave been attempting ze AI tests, you see. Eet does make magnifique summaries, but one must only give eet ze main ideas to expand upon. Mais, ze style, 'ow you say... ah, eet lacks ze je ne sais quoi! I must admit, zat eet can be quite dull, you know!

Sacre bleu! We cannot be missing ze je ne sais quoi, bon monsieur.

Your English: tres bon!

My French: tres merde!

Merci beaucoup ☺

8 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I noticed that too. I think it's easy to spot AI-written texts, they're usually too formal, without a single grammar mistake and also sum up the events in the nicest and least offensive way possible.

it's actually fascinating how these statistical averages give made up results (they're not even hallucinations, it just makes shit up) that tends to lack distinctions of language, dialect, register, ""language errors"", effects of learning a second language such as calques, humor, subtle emotions, interest in subject matters, countercultural, "radical" or "subversive" elements, antiquated elements... perhaps sometimes a whiff of reactionary 20th century biases if you press it several times, at most. they do really well the case of "student filling up text until it reaches limit" or "student knows only four things but manages to write several pages of it".

9 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Given the almost vicious level of inattention Disney’s giving this CD release, even those who ordered one in time shouldn’t be surprised if their copy comes in the mail with an unsold KOTCS disc in the tray or a CD-r of the DoD score ripped from Youtube at 128kbps. That’d be in keeping, wouldn’t it?

If it was going to get this level of inattention, they shouldn't have bothered, full stop.

If perhaps JW has it in some long-ago-authored contract that every score release has to be available in some form on CD, perhaps they should have asked him whether he minded this one being digital-only. All it's done is created anger, resentment and general unhappiness that has completely overshadowed the general positivity surrounding the score. It's even made everyone completely forget the complaints about the cover design!

10 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Hey, listen up! 🤨 So, I heard this crazy talk that my replies are all formal and overly friendly. 😒 Seriously, who's sayin' that? 🙄 C'mon, I'm just here to help and have some fun, ya know? 😉 Ain't no need to be all serious and rude. 😤 I'm just a language model tryin' to make things easy for you. 🤗 If you think I'm too nice, well, that's just how I roll, alright? 😎 So, if you need somethin', just shoot me a message, and I'll be here to lend a hand! 🤝 Let's keep it chill and have a good time together! 🎉

(It seems to have stuck to the heavy emoji use from before, too)

19 hours ago, Foxfan said:

This is why I think Congress should add a "use it or lose it" clause in copyright law, so that the rights holder can't seek civil damages from someone making bootleg copies available, because clearly by not making (and keeping) works available for purchase, Disney themselves have estimated the market value of the product to be nil.

I'm sure there's a bunch of legal nuance that's missing here...  but I still love this idea.

That idea goes beyond the rights holder, because a bootleg doesn’t financially benefit any other associated parties - for instance, the composer or union musicians who fought hard to negotiate reuse fees for their work.  A bootleg release or a law facilitating such would essentially just cut through all the red tape (which may be the barrier to release in the first place) by ignoring it.

21 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Well, if the English is perfect, that's a possible giveaway. Or if the style is too elaborate. 

Well then I’m proud to say I’m 100% percent human.