Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

Seems like Disney is avoiding physical score releases altogether. Haunted Mansion, their newest film, only has a digital album. It’s crazy to see that Sony and WB are putting out CDs and Vinyls actively for scores (Flash was a limited release, but it was at least stated clearly on the website), while Disney is treating them as if they’ve gone the way of the Dodo.

12 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Hang on… his father is your father too!? :lol:

This made me laugh - nice one!

(Actual story: @Martinland is my brother in the Force - we’ve met up in London a bunch of times after meeting in your home town for the initial Musikverein concerts) . 

Mine has arrived at my friend's (with extra taxes, obviously). It'll be a while before I actually get it (different regions, and no hurry to send it by mail), but it exists in this country.

Regarding the Legacy Collection taxes: I've sent an email to the Emporium to see if they can clear it up. Nothing beyond a preliminary automatic reply so far, but that included several FAQs which say that a) Disney collect taxes for domestic orders, and b) they cannot calculate taxes for international orders. If that were correct, I suppose they shouldn't have self-taxed my order in the first place. Let's see if they get back to me with a proper reply…

BTW, I don't think that was even supposed to be a tongue, seeing how bones wouldn't even have a tongue...

5 hours ago, Jay said:

"I'll take it even further" was when he had the entire dino removed and only an empty background IIRC)

I removed the head, and left the rest of the dino

Great, disney just told me i have to wait until 09/19 to ask again about my order because there are a ‘myriad’ of possible delays with the shipping companies. And i have to wait 2-4 weeks more than the window of 24 working days of international shipping.

my order is lost for sure. 🫤

1 hour ago, Amer said:

Hello Disney..we have Touch Down!!  Anyways Iam hopefull that Disney will reconsider and press another 3000+ batch. Stay positive folks!!

20230808_093634.jpg

Here’s hoping on the print - and enjoy!

14 hours ago, Signals said:

BTW, I don't think that was even supposed to be a tongue, seeing how bones wouldn't even have a tongue...

I don't know about dinosaur tongues, but dinos are pre-birds, and birds and some reptiles do have bones in their tongue.

Great disney.

Last year order said “Priority DDP” (Delivered duty paid) and the local delivery company was a private one.

this year is says “priority DDU” which I suppose it means unpaid. Local delivery company now is national post office

so as everyone here, i will also have pay delivery tax.

im going to start asking disney what happened and that they should refund me the US tax….

30 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You don't have to listen to it then!

That's a positive thing, mate! No CD --> you don't need to listen! :)

I see, but your “yelling” got me confused for a moment that you actually meant it. 

If only a disc of DoD would arrive in my M:I case, if I ordered it. :)

18 hours ago, Martinland said:

This finally arrived with today's mail as well, easier to acquire too:

20230809_190558.jpg

I just adore painterly movie posters from all ages... <3 ...this could likely be the latest and last one in my collection...

I'm more intrigued by your collection off left than the poster. More pics pls :)

On 09/08/2023 at 8:15 AM, Luke Skywalker said:

My parcel is alive!!!!

right now its in NJ.

talk about snail mail… but happy!

Very glad for you!  My order's been reported as "Parcel Data Received, Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse" status for over a week now.  I get that the US is a big country but cmon!  :sigh:

9 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

im going to start asking disney what happened and that they should refund me the US tax….

I got a reply to my inquiry from "Ariel" who apologised for the wrongly charged taxes and offered a refund for the tax amount via either PayPal or cheque. She also pointed out that the Austrian VAT therefore would have been applied to the full amount including the wrong tax, and that they cannot do anything about that, which is obvious, but I found it fair that they mention that. I sent them my PayPal address two days ago, but I haven't received a refund yet.

In my reply I also advised that they might want to have a look into their web shop configuration, because apparently the wrong tax is applied to all international orders.

On 08/08/2023 at 7:59 AM, Amer said:

Hello Disney..we have Touch Down!!  Anyways Iam hopefull that Disney will reconsider and press another 3000+ batch. Stay positive folks!!

20230808_093634.jpg

Are you implying that the first (and so far only) batch was of 3000 units?

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Are you implying that the first (and so far only) batch was of 3000 units?

The usual practice is 3000 to justify the cost but its possible they may have just printed 2000.