Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

And I'd finally given up and bought the digital download. (Which actually cost more than the CD, but not more than the shipping.)

Still, ordered, confirmation received, exorbitant shipping to Australia and all...

And I can listen to the download while I wait until October.

1 minute ago, Brando said:

Great to hear! Didn't this go live again at around 3ish the other day too? Or was it different?

They last opened orders around 1pm EST on Monday (at least that's when it was first posted here), so not far off.

OK, as pure luck would have it, I took a last glance at JWFAN before logging off for the evening, to find a PM from Andy (thanks, Andy!), so I caught this in time. Just placed an order. I paid a whopping $32 for it (shipping was more than the actual CD, and there was a stupid $7 tax on top of that again), which is more than I've ever paid for a single CD, I think, but better than the alternative down the line.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

and there was a stupid $7 tax on top of that again

I urge everyone to request a refund for the erroneous tax. Maybe some higher up at the Emporium will notice an unusual amount of unnecessary refund overhead and finally fix the shop's billing procedure for international orders.

3 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I urge everyone to request a refund for the erroneous tax. Maybe some higher up at the Emporium will notice an unusual amount of unnecessary refund overhead and finally fix the shop's billing procedure for international orders.

How do you know it's erroneous?

10 minutes ago, ciarlese said:

How do you know it's erroneous?

Their terms state that they collect tax on domestic orders and no tax on international orders; the package was taxed by the Austrian customs office because it was not declared as already taxed; and Ariel from DME's customer service has confirmed that they are going to refund the incorrectly collected tax (although I'm still waiting for the refund (via PayPal), which is supposed to tax 3 to 7 business days).

(Even with the tax refund, I still end up spending more than I should have to, because as far as I remember the Austrian/EU tax was calculated from the total value *including* Disney's incorrect tax)

Just got a 2nd one for a friend that is at work and didn't remember his card credentials.

So, in the end, you can buy 2 copies, just not simultaneously!

By the way, i still haven't received any "shipped" notification for the 1st one I ordered on the 21st.

edit: I checked my status (for the 1st one) and it says:

Ships on or about: 10/18/2023

:angry:

edit 2:

Just received an email about my 2nd order:

Your order has been cancelled because we could not verify some or all of your information.

29 minutes ago, SpaceCoyote said:

First it was a month-long window between accepting orders, then it was three days. If my calculations are correct, the webstore will soon regenerate every few seconds.

OK, that's a funny post!

1 minute ago, Dr. Rick said:

Reminder to check your junk / spam folder once you place the order, that's where my confirmation ended up.

An email from Disney? It's probably junk! I totally get you!

Are Disney also ready to foot the bill for all the claims for mental distress they’re going to receive as a result of this utterly batshit-crazy state of affairs?

There are dictatorships which are more open about their intentions than they’ve been.

As someone who bought the LLL Matrix sequel scores for way too much while they were oop.. I can assure you this feeling sucks.

1 hour ago, Damien F said:

Ordered. Ordered!! Now I know how Gollum felt when he finally held the ring in Mt Doom at the end of Return of the King!

No one lost a finger though, right?

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

How would you feel now if you spent $800+ for it?

Yeah; I'd be pretty mad but I had always hoped DME would make more copies available and we just needed to be a bit patient.  There's still a copy on Ebay currently at $560 with 26 bids.  Whoever "wins" that auction is going to be mad as a snake when they find out...

I was fortunate to have snagged a copy in early August and am very pleased for those on this forum who missed out but are now able to get it at a reasonable price.

As far as the taxes were concerned, I had no complaints: $11.98 for the CD, $4.85 for tax and $12.29 for shipping to the UK.  I didn't incur any additional customs charges but maybe I just got lucky.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

What the heck does this error mean?! DME won't allow me to create an account.

image.png

Are people ordering without an account?

I think you should check Discord...

I got mine in as well. *WHEW!* I was pretty frustrated that after collecting JW CDs for decades, this one would've been the ONLY film score CD I didn't have. I've paid over $100 for a rare CD before (I think 'Yes, Giorgio'? I usually get every release at the pre-order or at least 1st day or release stage, especially the limited/expanded ones so I never have to pay that), but I wasn't spending $120+ for it unless I knew for a fact that they were never going to print another one.

And I suspected since Disney never said it was limited that they'd make new batches, hence why I thought those people spending $500 - $5,000 would feel stupid. The sellers made out like bandits tho...

Just ordered for 29.75 $ 

Estimated shipping date; 18th October (hopefully 2023) 

Estimated shipping time: 7-21 days.

Maybe it will arrive before christmas :D

4 minutes ago, Steve said:

Just ordered for 29.75 $ 

Estimated shipping date; 18th October (hopefully 2023) 

Estimated shipping time: 7-21 days.

Maybe it will arrive before christmas :D

Dont worry it should be there within 2 weeks max! 

3 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well I managed to pre-order a copy of this album now. Hopefully it will arrive by the end of the year.

If it makes you feel better, my old order hasn't even shipped yet. 🤣

Karol

19 minutes ago, Steve said:

Did you receive you order yet?

I got mine on 7th August! (placed the order on 18th July) when they had sudden listing and it Shipped  25th July. So it was 12 days in total after shipping when it arrived.

54 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Seems the most likely explanation, particularly with the Oct. shipping date.  There's an outside possibility these copies are ones that were initially sent out to be sold in their park stores and they're now reclaiming those and having them sent back to their warehouse.  The fact they're now limiting it to only one per customer seems odd if it were a second batch being printed but perhaps they've only ordered a small run.  It would be great if they could give us a little more info (e.g. due to popular demand we are retuning this title to our store, etc.) but their communication throughout this entire debacle has been practically non-existent so we can't be too surprised.  Regardless, it's great news for those who missed out and bad news for the scalpers on Ebay.

12 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Thank you for the tip on this, Marian. I've e-mailed them to ask about this tax, and then we'll see if I get a response and what happens then. Should I get a refund for the $7 tax, it would still be among the most expensive CDs I've bought. And that's before whatever Norwegian customs will do.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Thank you for the tip on this, Marian. I've e-mailed them to ask about this tax, and then we'll see if I get a response and what happens then.

I emailed them and got the reply that I'll get the tax refunded.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

And that's before whatever Norwegian customs will do.

You won't have to pay any Norwegian tax because the item value + shipping (+ tax if included in the total) is less than 350 NOK, unless the exchange rate becomes significantly worse.

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You won't have to pay any Norwegian tax because the item value + shipping (+ tax if included in the total) is less than 350 NOK, unless the exchange rate becomes significantly worse.

Didn't they change this rule a couple of years ago?

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

Didn't they change this rule a couple of years ago?

They did, but it still hasn't been implemented when item value + shipping is less than 350 NOK, and I doubt it will be implemented. My guess is the government claimed it would apply to all orders to get webstores to register in the VOEC registry. It's probably considered too expensive to claim import tax on the boarder for all packages no matter the value of the content (needing more people and an upscale of facilities). It's much easier to get the web stores to do it for them. So if the webstore isn't VOEC registered, the low-value packages are let through without having to pay tax. But if it's above 350 NOK, there's a handling fee of 150-300 NOK depending on transporter, and a 25% tax. And @Marian Schedenig is complaining about the minor fees he has to pay... ;)

I see. Well, the total came to 340 NOK, just 10 NOK below. The exchange rate has time to October to worsen, in which case it will be above. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

34 minutes ago, Thor said:

I see. Well, the total came to 340 NOK, just 10 NOK below. The exchange rate has time to October to worsen, in which case it will be above. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

I thought you ordered when it first became available again. Mine has already shipped.

Anyway, if you have to wait for October until it ships, there's plenty of time for them to refund the tax and make sure it's not included in the total on the package.

Lucky you! No, first time it became available on the Disney site, I ignored it as I thought I would be able to get it later, at another site and for less shipping. I didn't know it was a limited edition. The second time, I completely missed it. And now the third time, I just said 'what the hell' and ordered it anyway, despite having to live on bread and water for a week.