Disney Emporium releases Indiana Jones: The Complete CD Collection (Expected ship date is March 27, 2024.) No new expansions - Includes the previous Concord Records programmes plus KotCS and DoD OSTs

jamesluckard

17 minutes ago, Toillion said:

I've seen that also and that's why I've been hesitant to buy TOD and Last Crusade double LPs. Maybe there is a boxset coming and that's why we haven't seen those other listed for sale in the US yet? 

It's interesting that it says that comment is from 6 days ago though. I saw it at least a month ago. 

I took the screenshot on 4/9 and forgot about it. That’s the only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger on those two yet.

Only reason I am close to considering grabbing them is due to the expanded New Hope and Empire being available on vinyl only outside the U.S., I just don’t want to miss out.

But based on the project manager, I am inclined to wait. I had just purchased the expanded Raiders 2-LP from Concord at a fair price recently too lol

23 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

DME has a Project Manager:lol:

What's his excuse for the DoD car crash?

We should forward his Facebook profile to Matessino.

"Hey Mike, we found on the internet a very interesting person for you to talk! Why don't you text him or something?"

On 22/04/2024 at 6:18 PM, Edmilson said:

The best strategy is to convince Matessino himself to pitch a new release for the higher ups at Disney Records, Lucasfilm, etc. He would bring his credentials ("I've been working with John Williams to create the best presentation possible for his music over the last 3 decades, etc"), his connections with JW and convince them that such project would be financially interesting for The Walt Disney Co.

If he's able to bring a message from John Williams himself ("I've known Mike for the last 2/3 decades and he's the right man to produce the definitive presentation of my beloved Indy and Star Wars scores...") then his pitch would be even more significant.

Given that Mike did Hook and got it approved by KK and co., I find it hard to believe credentials are a problem.

I still think there are two problems here - (1) a reluctance to release something expensive (to them) that won't have a guaranteed significant return and (2).... only nerds understand or care what's wrong with the existing OT releases. Same with the Indy box - in a relative sense absolutely no one knows what's wrong with those.

There are less obvious issues with the prequels, assuming they exist as digital sessions or tapes that can be transferred like any other 00s era project. In a purely musical sense I don't see what makes them so hard to conceive and assemble as an intended score plus alternates, other than a deep-down expectation that given "it's Star Wars" no one's allowed to make any mistakes or leave anything off.

3 hours ago, Amer said:

Somebody sent me the box pics of this ridiculously over priced set. It's just bloody thin slip cover holding the cds. Talk about being cheap!:angryfire:

received_787181733341414.jpeg

received_786878366918911.jpeg

This is a must-have for Jurassic-Jewelcase-Shark! @Jurassic Shark

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Breaking News: Company who put zero effort into content of box set also put zero effort into packaging of box set.

AppropriateExemplaryHippopotamus-size_re

Disney Music:

IMG_0236.gif

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I've got what I need. 

Raiders OST and DCC

Doom OST and Concord 

Crusade OST and Concord 

Destiny OST

All jewel cases.

Is that inferring you don't have KotCS at all?

The only Indys I have in jewel cases are the LC and DoD OSTs.

I quite like digipacks - they're far less fragile and still give you a nice cover to look at. I'm about to get a ton of them in the RoP box.

On 25/4/2024 at 4:34 AM, Amer said:

Somebody sent me the box pics of this ridiculously over priced set. It's just bloody thin slip cover holding the cds. Talk about being cheap!:angryfire:

That's super lame considering the price. Not even the completist in me feels any urge!

I'll also be very happy to never have in my collection any album going by the name "Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark" :pfft: :lol: So silly. 

9 hours ago, Amer said:

That MUST be a joke.

Probably they will send you the proper cardboard sleve with backup discs.

Otherwise... I don't know what to say.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

IMG_1756.JPG

Last Crusade was the first Indy score that I bought on CD. The previous two I had on LP.

But I gave the Crusade CD away, when I got the Concord box.

And I almost gave away the DCC album of Raiders until I realised, that the Concord version didn't have the film version of the Desert Chase.

Was the fist and only time, that I asked a present back. :blush: Was a little embarrassing. But my brother understood it. And it wasn't a birthday or something, but just a "Do you want it? I don't need it anymore. Oh wait, sorry. I still need it." And he kept the Crusade album.

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

Last Crusade was the first Indy score that I bought on CD. The previous two I had on LP.

But I gave the Crusade CD away, when I got the Concord box.

And I almost gave away the DCC album of Raiders until I realised, that the Concord version didn't have the film version of the Desert Chase.

Was the fist and only time, that I asked a present back. :blush: Was a little embarrassing. But my brother understood it. And it wasn't a birthday or something, but just a "Do you want it? I don't need it anymore. Oh wait, sorry. I still need it." And he kept the Crusade album.

Good sport, your brother! :)

I'm glad I'm not into those things. Film versions or not film versions, I wouldn't know anything about such things unless I was told, nor would I care much.

6 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I quite like digipacks - they're far less fragile and still give you a nice cover to look at.

They're easily damaged during shipping, and then there's no way to fix them.

6 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I'm about to get a ton of them in the RoP box.

RoP box?

20 hours ago, Amer said:

can we see the new Last Crusade cover though!

On 25/4/2024 at 6:08 AM, Richard Penna said:

The only Indys I have in jewel cases are the LC and DoD OSTs.

I quite like digipacks - they're far less fragile and still give you a nice cover to look at. I'm about to get a ton of them in the RoP box.

Wait, there’s a Rings of Power box???

EDIT: Holy crap, idk how I missed this! And it’s sold out. What a bummer; I’d have bought it day one (more like hour one) if I had known. I got back into collecting CDs just last year and had resigned myself to the fact that only the overall season soundtrack was available on disc.

11 minutes ago, Amer said:

More pics as posted on Facebook Intrada Soundtrack Club page by Paul Lewis:

FB_IMG_1714265060734.jpg

FB_IMG_1714265067059.jpg

FB_IMG_1714265074686.jpg

FB_IMG_1714265082282.jpg

FB_IMG_1714265089331.jpg

FB_IMG_1714265095831.jpg

FB_IMG_1714265104660.jpg

FB_IMG_1714265112539.jpg

Wow they decided to design the CDs around Dial.

Glad you got it but what a weird decision by Disney 

9 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Wow they decided to design the CDs around Dial.

Glad you got it but what a weird decision by Disney 

Still "music by john williams" is not the same font and structure in TOD or Raiders. composed and conducted added to raiders, crusade and skull... "original music composed and conducted by john williams" in TOD just to acknowledge the fact he did not compose "anything goes"????)

And heck, I hate the title font of "indiana jones" in dial of destiny. They could have corrected it for this release.

back covers are so thinly covered by text... 2 CD tracklist would have fit perfectly! :sarcasm:

Intrada quality covers....

I like that Crusade cover - it makes far better use of available space than the OST, which is basically just putting a poster on an album cover.

Could use track times on the back covers though - that is lazy. What I don't think is lazy or 'Intrada level' is changing the Williams credit or keeping fonts as they were when originally designed. That's just looking for flaws in a set you don't think should exist. (and I agree, there's little reason for this to exist)

I must concede The last crusade front cover is cool (and way better than the original).

It flawlessly adapts the poster extending it like they did with the KOTCS poster.

I wonder if the Last Crusade cover on the digital stores/streaming services will eventually be updated to this one. One of my gripes with the Disney Emporium site is that they don’t always post nice-quality standalone images of their cover art.