Disney Emporium releases Indiana Jones: The Complete CD Collection (Expected ship date is March 27, 2024.) No new expansions - Includes the previous Concord Records programmes plus KotCS and DoD OSTs

jamesluckard

55 minutes ago, crumbs said:

So the 2008 Indy Concords are the new 1997 SW SEs. We're stuck with them for decades.

worse than that if it doesn't have that one CD, plus the randomized pitch issues designed to make everybody insane

Disney is releasing a new CD collection in 2024. It repackages the Concord programmes of Raiders, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade plus the OSTs of Crystal Skull and Dial of Destiny. The box is up for pre-order and will ship in March 2024. The price is whopping $ 149,99!

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVCD64/indiana-jones-the-complete-cd-collection?cp=null

XVCD64-01.jpg

Indiana Jones: The Complete CD Collection

Seems like DME were waiting for my DOD package to be delivered first...

So do we pre-order this *just in case it includes bonus tracks and is a limited edition*?

Well, order this set if you didn't already have the 2008 set or the individual CDs. I assume it's the exact same content as the previous Concord releases.

I think this falls within Disney's desire to make the least effort in hoping for a greater profit. It's essentially a repackaging. One cannot expect otherwise from a company in difficulty.

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Well, order this set if you didn't already have the 2008 set or the individual CDs. I assume it's the exact same content as the previous Concord releases.

uhh no, please don't finance this bullshit in any case

Remember that there were some concerns about the speed of the cues used to make the edits on the first CD (nothing serious; the speed of the elements was obviously fixed by ear at that time). However, it was a concern back in 2008. At that time, I was hesitant to buy the box set, thinking, 'What if they 'correct' those minor technicalities in the next edition?'

So today, we have our answer: they won't correct anything. Never. :lol:

the 2008 set had me so happy. i was a lurker here. seeing you guys talk about cues that i never thought i'd hear outside of viewing the films.

now its 2023.  the same release and i'm jaded as all hell now and just want the complete end credits to temple of doom.

2 hours ago, rough cut said:

Too bad it’s missing the “Interviews And More Music From Indiana Jones” CD from the 2008 box set.

IMG_6530.jpeg

LMFAO

3 minutes ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

If it was only $50, I'd be fine with it. $10 per CD isn't awful, even if half the set is the Concord releases. But $150? Hell no.

Edit: Good luck gettin it on time to those who are forking over $150!

exactly...look at this, 6 CDS!  currently, $60, was $84!

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVCOMBO33/star-wars-episode-16-bundle?cp=81712_83473_109016

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Concord sets had an additional fifth CD with more music from the trilogy and interviews with JW? Now they completely dropped the extra CD for this release?

Geez...

Just now, Edmilson said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Concord sets had an additional fifth CD with more music from the trilogy and interviews with JW? Now they completely dropped the extra CD for this release?

Geez...

Yeap. The bonus disc from the Concord set with additional music and the John Williams interview is missing from this set.

Disney saw the opportunity to make a bunch of money from people just wanting to get DoD. 
They could do the same thing if they released a vinyl boxset with Crystal Skull never being released. 

2 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

30 $$ per CD?

That's more than you pay per disc for the limited Label releases, and those aren't taxed twice and can be ordered from more than one source…

By comparison, you can get the new Thielemann/Wiener Philharmoniker complete cycle of all Bruckner symphonies on 11 CDs for €50, i.e. less than €5 per disc - and those are *new* recordings that probably cost quite a lot of money to produce. (Alternatively, you can get them on 5 Blus for €60-€70).

2 minutes ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the Concord set have cardboard cases?

the 5th CD was in like those cardboard envelopes

the box itself was really nice though.  like a faux shiny leather, i dunno how to describe it.  it was classy. with that Indy whip/hat logo gold embossed.