Disney Emporium releases Indiana Jones: The Complete CD Collection (Expected ship date is March 27, 2024.) No new expansions - Includes the previous Concord Records programmes plus KotCS and DoD OSTs

jamesluckard

Yep. :unsure:

1 minute ago, enderdrag64 said:

I think this is really bad news actually - I expect this set to sell extremely poorly. No one here is buying it, it's complete shit and way overpriced. That said, who not on this forum is even going to know it exists?

And once it sells like shit Disney will assume no one is interested in the series' music and there go the chances of an expansion from WDR. The only hope I think we have is Disney deciding it's no longer a flagship series and opening it up to Intrada

16 minutes ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the Concord set have cardboard cases?

Yeah

image.jpeg

I get the issues that you all have with this set, no worries. But don't you think -- in all practicality -- that it will provide a cheaper way to the DoD CD than what is currently the case? Providing Disney doesn't release another batch of the single CD, which I also find likely.

18 minutes ago, Andy said:

Call me crazy, but I couldn’t help it!

ORDERED!!!!!

Hide contents

SIX_87E3714A-D83C-49BA-B0FF-695FEE0EB602.jpeg

You’re not crazy. You’re rich. 

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

I get the issues that you all have with this set, no worries. But don't you think -- in all practicality -- that it will provide a cheaper way to the DoD CD than what is currently the case? Providing Disney doesn't release another batch of the single CD, which I also find likely.

If MBR will offer this set, I will try to buy it just for DoD.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

did JW approved this release? Did it go through his staff? And, if so, is that the presentation of those 5 scores that John Williams considers as the definitive?

Albums that have been released in the past that are simply being reissued don't need to get re-approved by the composer.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Or did Disney just acted like themselves and created a box out of nowhere without telling the artists involved?

Most likely, yes.

10 minutes ago, enderdrag64 said:

it's a substantial price increase from what was just available a few weeks or months ago 

It’s called capitalism. In other word: robbery. But everyone has a choice not to get it. 

2 hours ago, BB-8 said:

image.png

Kathleen Kennedy, ca. 2023

2 hours ago, BB-8 said:

19 minutes ago, Andy said:

Call me crazy, but I couldn’t help it!

ORDERED!!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

The anger generated by this lacklustre Indy release will create a backlash that'll boost the sales of "The Legend of John Williams". :D

4 minutes ago, JTW said:

It’s called capitalism. In other word: robbery. But everyone has a choice not to get it. 

If people buy it, it's on them. No "robbery" there. And no complaints of "Damn greedy company! You forced me to buy this!!" lol

I call Dereliction of Duty on Disney for failing the CD collecting community!

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

At least they seem to be jewel cases and not digipaks.

That's looking on the bright side.

8 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Question: I know, we have some (filmmusic) journalists on board here. Arendt these terrible release politics of DME worth an article? Or does nobody in your business dare to mess with the Mouse?

There aren't many film music journalists (pro or amateur) that write articles like the one you are asking for. I mean, Jon Burlingame might write a piece about it but his writing always skews towards the positive.

-Erik-

40 minutes ago, JTW said:

IMG_9906.gif

Who else is whistling along? :whistle:

32 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Is that supposed to be a good news?

I actually prefer jewel cases over digipaks. Bumped cardboard corners can't be ironed out, but a cracked case can always be replaced.

17 minutes ago, enderdrag64 said:

At least that's some positive news. Hopefully it's limited enough that it helps to shield the pitifully low sales 

Like Rick Harrison on "Pawn Stars", I'm leery when I hear "limited quantities/edition". That could mean 10,000, or 100,000, or more. Just a marketing ploy.

16 minutes ago, Erik Woods said:

There aren't many film music journalists (pro or amateur) that write articles like the one you are asking for. I mean, Jon Burlingame might write a piece about it but his writing always skews towards the positive.

-Erik-

Understand. But still I think, that this is a story.

13 minutes ago, crocodile said:

But you can get these already in jewel cases.

Karol

But not in a box set, and not together with DoD. 

JTW

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

But you can get these already in jewel cases.

I'm not buying it just for that anyway. I didn't even bother double dipping to get 1-4 in (regular, in the case of #4) jewel cases. But jewel cases are always good news.