HOOK (1991) - NEW! 2023 3-CD Ultimate Edition Produced, Edited, and Mastered by Mike Matessino featuring all Williams/Bricusse songs

Jay

52 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Which would be more important: all JW expansions available to stream and purchase by anyone, forever. Or a physical set available for a couple of years and then OOP.

I'll take what I can get at this stage.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Which would be more important: all JW expansions available to stream and purchase by anyone, forever. Or a physical set available for a couple of years and then OOP.

A physical set available for a couple years and then OOP. What do I win?

1 hour ago, blondheim said:

So now on the tracking it has a section saying Return to Sender Processed?! It doesn’t make sense. the tracking says it’s going to be delivered today but it looks like it is going backwards away from me through the previous steps.

If the tracking actually starts traveling in the other direction, I would complain to the post office.

1 hour ago, blondheim said:

So now on the tracking it has a section saying Return to Sender Processed?! It doesn’t make sense. the tracking says it’s going to be delivered today but it looks like it is going backwards away from me through the previous steps.

If the tracking actually starts traveling in the other direction, I would complain to the post office.

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

so the musical you've never heard before can be first heard as pure music, since you'll never have another opportunity to be impacted by it that way.

Why, you can only listen to it once and then the disc will self destruct? 

So thanks for all the info and kind words. It turns out the mistake was mine: in my zeal on Black Friday, in the confusion of having a different shipping and billing address and just having moved, I wrote the top line of my previous address, which is still my billing address, and the bottom line of my new address. However, that composite address doesn’t exist. That’s why it got returned to sender. I contacted the local post office and also USPS trying to halt or redirect the package. I offered to come get it. They told me there was no option other than returning to sender. I emailed La-La Land (twice, accidentally, sorry for that too, guys) and apologized and explained and asked that when it comes back to them they redirect it to the proper address.

The whole thing is my own stupid fault. I’ve been looking at that wrong address every time I checked the email to grab the tracking number and my brain never put it together that it was wrong. That’s how excited I am: tunnel vision. Not only do I feel foolish but I’m actually fairly upset as conditions at work have been getting very poor recently and I may  need to start looking for a new job so I was really looking forward to Hook putting a nice smile on my day and instead I have to feel stupid and go without for god knows how long. Although I ordered another one right away. I figured I’ll give the other one to one of my very close friends who lamented not having the money for it this year. At least something good will come out of this mess.

But I’m not ashamed to say I cried a little over the whole thing. The utter frustration going through it over and over and the phone and then finally figuring out what was actually wrong: I’ve never felt so dumb. I have no one to blame but myself either. Like I said, the wrong address was right in front of my face from the beginning. Alas, here we are. Nothing can be done so no more use crying about it.

Thank the stars, I bought the OSTs of Star Trek Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, First Contact, Insurrection, and Final Frontier on EBay. So there’s at least that to look forward too. I also bought La-La Land’s First Knight on EBay as well. And then from Screen Archives, I bought La-La Land’s TMP and WOK. I haven’t heard anything about that order but it hasn’t been that long. We are waiting patiently to see what happens. I’ve never ordered from there before. I don’t want to say it was an experiment but I did want to try it. I figured seeing if they had WOK in stock was a perfect opportunity and so I grabbed both because I’m economical when I splurge.

The Moral of the Story is I‘m real glad I bought all this other shit.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Even reading this thread before you've heard it will spoil that first listen.

Well then pointing all this out is kind of pointless, isn’t it? 
You should’ve just said, “Listen to Disc 3 first.” :-)

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Even reading this thread before you've heard it will spoil that first listen.

I'm afraid I won't be able to hold out until January when my set is expected to arrive.

I'll have listened to Maurizio's interview with yourself, Mike and Tim long before I get to listen to the actual music.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Well I mean, for example, if you listen to "Farewell Neverland (Short Version / Alternate)" first before reading, you will be surprised by the new music at the end, and what it references.

That was spoiled by the LLL samples 🙄

OCD time: for iTunes/digital music library purposes, what are you guys titling this album?

1. “Hook (Original Soundtrack) [The Ultimate Edition]”

2. “Hook (Original Soundtrack / The Ultimate Edition)”

3. “Hook”

4. “Hook (2023 La-La Land)”

5. “Hook: The Ultimate Edition”

6. “Hook - The Ultimate Edition” (alternatively with an en dash, like how LLL has it)

7. Either 5. or 6. but with “(Original Soundtrack)” tacked on the end

8. Something else?

4 minutes ago, blondheim said:

That’s why I ordered another one when all this crap went down. I had a feeling.

But you should get your original one eventually right?

7 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

OCD time: for iTunes/digital music library purposes, what are you guys titling this album?

3. “Hook”

6. “Hook - The Ultimate Edition” (alternatively with an en dash, like how LLL has it)

8. Something else?

There's usually album info in the file properties after I rip them. I usually use that OR use the title on the LLL product page.

I generally have one album per movie — Either the latest and greatest or a personal edit that’s either as comprehensive as possible or optimized for listening. The album title is always just the movie title, though I do also use sort titles in order to keep series together and more or less chronological.

14 minutes ago, King Mark said:

But you should get your original one eventually right?

I hope so. I’m just patiently waiting to hear back from La La Land and hopefully they can just change Address Line 1 to the correct address and ship it back to me.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Huh? There's music on disc 1 and 2 that would be spoiled by reading the liner notes first too.  I think I answered his question adequately.

Imho no matter in what order or how many times one listens to this set, it’ll be a great experience. 

11 minutes ago, King Mark said:

it shouldn't . Even those that ordered yesterday should get their copy

Thanks. I hope it does not affect my order and others. I'm kind of shocked that it is temporarily out of stock already. At least my order was updated to "Awaiting Shipment" on November 30th. Still, I fee like checking my email consistently waiting for another update.

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm sorry:

image.png

This release has been a LONG time coming. I know you are joking, but that is NOT funny.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

This release has been a LONG time coming. That is not funny.

I'm pretty sure you won't have to wait much more before your package gets shipped, don't worry.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Huh? There's music on disc 1 and 2 that would be spoiled by reading the liner notes first too.  I think I answered his question adequately.

Right, so I'll listen to discs 1-3 in order and then read. I first thought to begin with disc 3 to hear the songs first and then appreciate how they were incorporated into the score, but that feels weird now.

Since this comment is not about the music itself, I'm posting this here...

My ONLY complaint about this absolutely fantastic set is the color scheme on the exterior spine packaging.  It does not stand out at all, kind of disappointing tbh.  Other than that, this is a top-notch set!  9.9999 out of 10 with the spine the only blemish.  :)

22.jpg

23 minutes ago, Holko said:

Whaaaat the... hell kind of ordering is that??? :eh:

Oh, alphabetical. That's why Raiders is at R!

I put Raiders with the other IJ scores, seemed the prudent thing to do  :)

59 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm pretty sure you won't have to wait much more before your package gets shipped, don't worry.

Thanks. I'm just REALLY looking forward to having this in my possession.

I think I’ll listen to all 3 discs and then read the notes. Normally I read while I’m listening but I’ll be on a road trip so I won’t be able to read. And since several people are suggesting listening before reading the notes, I’ll do that.

2 hours ago, Tydirium said:

3. “Hook”

8. Something else?

Hook (Expanded Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - The Ultimate Edition

1 hour ago, John Takis said:
  1. † Optional: Resequence the Additional Music from Disc 2 (Tracks 11–15) into the main Disc 3 program for an expanded alternate album experience!

I've been planning to do that, so I have two presentations: the film score, and the alternate album experience.

Where would you place the bonus disc 2 tracks into the disc 3 assembly?