Quartet Announces: HEIDI/ JANE EYRE (2CD)(John Williams) Remastered and Expanded

Amer

I for one am very excited about this release. I was pondering paying a lot of money for a vinyl copy of Heidi on a well-known auction site recently, and desisted. Now I'm very glad I did! 

And we get Jane Eyre into the bargain. 

Mine will arrive torromow. But i will be out so i will probably get it by friday and the DHL site.

Why the heck Quartet uses DHL for domestic shipping is beyond my reasoning. There are more cheaper companies by far, and they are reliable too.

Begging Quartet, La-La Land and the other specialty labels to coördinate their releases so I don't have to pay for shipping twice :)

Ordered from Screen Archives Entertainment who still have the cheapest (uninsured) shipping to Australia at US$16. Happily the US dollar fell a bit today - thank you, Papa Powell.

31 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

20231214_145849.jpg

20231214_145952.jpg

Yeah, shipment almost doubled the costs for the CDs. But it was express and well packed.

Seems the booklet is worth every penny...

Since you are in germany you could have ordered at soundtrackcorner.de for 36.45 € inkl. Shipping 😀

But nice that you already got it. I will have to wait for a some more days...

11 minutes ago, JTW said:

Received my copy today, going to listen to it later tonight. I'm not too excited about them, since I've had both scores for years, but they're both very nice relative early melodic JW. 

Both won Emmys, and JANE EYRE is regarded as a genuine, bona fide, paid up, grade "A",  Premiership, JW classic.

3 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Both won Emmys, and JANE EYRE is regarded as a genuine, bona fide, paid up, grade "A",  Premiership, JW classic.

Jane Eyre first got my attention when JW performed three pieces ("Lowood", "Reunion", "To Thornfield") from it at one of his New York concerts I attended. 

Just curious, but does anyone know what Quartet means by “completed” when I look up my order status on their website? Does it mean it has been shipped? (I see no tracking number or information on ship date, etc.)

Just now, Bayesian said:

Just curious, but does anyone know what Quartet means by “completed” when I look up my order status on their website? Does it mean it has been shipped? (I see no tracking number or information on ship date, etc.)

I interpreted that as having been shipped...next day it arrived.

2 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

I interpreted that as having been shipped...next day it arrived.

That's my preferred interpretation too. Did you happen to receive a ship notice from DHL or a tracking number? It seems odd that for premium-priced shipping you wouldn't get a tracking number.

4 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

That's my preferred interpretation too. Did you happen to receive a ship notice from DHL or a tracking number? It seems odd that for premium-priced shipping you wouldn't get a tracking number.

I got emails from FedEx with a real-time tracking link.

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Completely cancelled?

in Progress (sensu DME)

7 hours ago, Bayesian said:

I got the same thing, that the order status is changed to "completed." However, I have not received any notice that it has shipped or received tracking information. What the hell, Quartet?

My Quartet order for this says "Processing." Last time I ordered direct from them, I definitely got a DHL tracking number via email. 

If I get same this time, will update here. 

2 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Did you happen to receive a ship notice from DHL or a tracking number?

2 hours ago, BB-8 said:

I got emails from FedEx with a real-time tracking link.

My package was delivered by FedEx, too, a first, since Quartet has been shipping with DHL for years, at least to Hungary. I hope they go back to them because I prefer their tracking system. 

Hope you get your package soon, @Bayesian.

40 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Could it be that DHL sources out to FedEx if they get too many express items at once?

Yes, it occurred to me, too. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

My copy arrived from Quartet today as well!

As yes I also never got tracking info

How much did you pay for shipping fees? That was very fast. LLL or intrada take two weeks to arrive here. For 15 or so dollars

On 14/12/2023 at 10:12 PM, Quppa said:

Begging Quartet, La-La Land and the other specialty labels to coördinate their releases so I don't have to pay for shipping twice :)

Ordered from Screen Archives Entertainment who still have the cheapest (uninsured) shipping to Australia at US$16. Happily the US dollar fell a bit today - thank you, Papa Powell.

Screen Archives Entertainment just shipped my copy. Hoping it'll arrive early in the new year.

So, I got some tracking info, an email from DHL - the same day it arrived! Maybe DHL's email department are overwhelmed by end-of-year orders? :santa::P 

But arrived it did, together with my copy of the re-recording of John Barry's Seance On a Wet Afternoon.

Haven't had a chance to listen yet.