Jay

Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker TEASER Discussion

For the time being, let's contain all discussion of the trailer to this thread.  Any other news that comes out about the film can be discussed in the existing Episode 9 thread.  

There's also this thread in the JW subforum to talk specifically about the music heard in this teaser.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hard to come to any conclusions based on that teaser but Palpatine’s cackle at the end is certainly interesting. I wonder how big a role (if any) he’ll play.

Well, he has to play a big role

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

And more desert, like the first act of ROTJ. Is that wreckage we see a Deathstar/Starkiller? 

Sigh....

Well JJ was pretty nostalgia driven during TFA so I imagine it’ll be more of the same in TRoS.

The trailer looks better than I expected. I thought it would be a single scene and a title only for a first teaser, and here we have so much...

1. A little tear in my eye at Princess Leia's theme, because I thought of JW and that he probably does and will do his best on this. 

2. From these little scenes it seems that Rey is embracing the animeish aspect of her character more, which is the best way to go.

3. I feel that Luke's voiceover narration will near performances like James Earl Jones' Mufasa in terms of recognizability.

4. Nice to see something like the TIE Crawler (had to look up the name, I have already forgotten it since childhood) *even if it is a low flying TIE Interceptor from ROTJ 

5. I adore Palpatine's (McDiarmid's) involvement. "Way to go, Dallas!" If they reasoned that Palpatine alone will bring every prequel fan and their dog to this movie...

so be it.

6. I saw the blue A-wing again. 

I predict this film will win an Oscar. I don't know yet in which category, but it will.

And I still despise TFA.

Watched the trailer, loved it, especially the beginning part in the desert. Loved the trailerfied defilement of Williams' classic themes, I had a grin on my head when I heard what they did to Leia's theme, it made the hairs on my arms stand up. I like the title, this movie looks really good! 

Totally expecting it to be a thoroughly meh experience by the time I see it and I'll have no doubt forgotten what happened in it by this time next year. 

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Watched the trailer, loved it, especially the beginning part in the desert. Loved the trailerfied defilement of Williams' classic themes, I had a grin on my head when I heard what they did to Leia's theme, it made the hairs on my arms stand up. I like the title, this movie looks really good! 

Totally expecting it to be a thoroughly meh experience by the time I see it and I'll have no doubt forgotten what happened in it by this time next year. 

More or less my thoughts as well

9 minutes ago, dougie said:

Anyone else see the teaser?

I'm going to watch it again when the kid comes home but I only liked the desert segment and fear I will fall asleep during the third act when the three major plot lines are intertwined into a giant climax.