The BFG - FYC Album

Jay

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Chewy said:

I wonder what he's asking for... Star Wars listening sessions?

The Star Wars listening sessions where they listened to all the music with an orchestra before putting it in the film

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Miguel Andrade said:

There was a listing of it at eBay a few weeks ago. Sadly I arrived late to it...

Do you have the link? I'm curious how much it was sold for

It showed up on my daily search email one morning but it was already sold when I opened the mail. I think it might have been a buy it now item, as I don't think it was sold at a high price.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

I don't think it was sold at a high price.

Wow!

I couldn't be more bummed!  Man I wish I had discovered this

The same seller also sold a physical copy of The Post's FYC and a bunch of other promotional stuff

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=145148301914&rt=nc&_ssn=lockl_52&LH_Complete=1

I'm guessing he added that to the page after they were posted here.  The wayback machine should tell you

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm guessing he just added that to the page today or yesterday.  the wayback machine should tell you

it doesn't seem to have ever been archive.org'd, but that's definitely not the case. I saw the timestamps on that page shortly after Chewy posted them here.

image.png

So they've been on that site since at least Sunday

And the lengths don't 100% match, I see many little 1-second differences on many tracks...

The website admin must have the FYC!

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Big Bob said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276248844576

another one’s back up

7 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Did anyone here put a bid on it yet? 

I am VERY tempted, but this seems too good to be true.

We should do a group bid with a large amount to make sure we win as we did in the past for other FYC's .I just want the rip and I don't care who keeps the physical c.d. No point of bidding against each other.

This is a big chance as we're usually too late

33 minutes ago, rpvee said:

I’m already trying for it. I saw it when it was first listed a few days ago. So far it’s just me and one other person bidding. Let’s not all wildly compete against each other, that’ll just make the price crazy.

Personally, I’m interested in it as much for the physical collectible item as I am for the music on it. If do I win it, I won’t hoard the contents, if you know what I mean.

But yeah, let’s not be counterproductive against each other here by bidding and competing against each other…

The last one sold for $140. Are you really going to shell out that much by yourself? Because if you're not, I think King Mark might have the right idea.

A group effort/pool works for me. I’d certainly love to have the physical CD, but I also would love to support a group effort here to get the contents in general.

How the hell did the bidding already get to $177 with over 30 bids?? It was at $30-something with just my bid and one other person earlier today before the link was shared in this thread. Ugh. This is why I didn’t post about the listing here. The less attention, the better. Too late now… wonderful. Sigh.

5 hours ago, rpvee said:

I’m already trying for it. I saw it when it was first listed a few days ago. So far it’s just me and one other person bidding. Let’s not all wildly compete against each other, that’ll just make the price crazy.

Yeah this is why I asked, didn't want to start putting in bids if someone else had already. 

Well I'm still up for donating some money to whoever, not bothered about having the cd itself. 

15 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Almost all of them are from the same guy too. Hopefully it's someone here that wants to share it, and not some greedy asshole.

Untitled-1.jpg

EDIT: There's some auto bidding going on here too...

Untitled-2.jpg

Oh is that you @rpvee? I just noticed the letters match :lol:

21 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Oh is that you @rpvee? I just noticed the letters match :lol:

Nope, I haven’t bid on it since my first bid the day it was listed. No point in bidding further till it’s almost over. My eBay username is different than here, too.

Still so annoyed the link was shared here. There’s an art to subtlety and strategy when it comes to eBay. Sigh.

Just now, Groovygoth666 said:

The link was shared elsewhere, somewhere we can't mention outloud. 

Well regardless, sharing an eBay listing of something rare on any community platform is only going to make the thing go for way more money. It’s a dumb move.

Even if the link hadn't been shared here and elsewhere, I'm sure plenty of people have eBay notifications enabled for saved searches like "BFG FYC," "BFC consideration," "BFG promo," etc. I certainly do.

Just don't bid now to make the price go up too fast . Wait until the final moments of the auction. One thing I learned on ebay is some  people have infinite money to match anything we'll put. Especially if it's an asshole that only wants it as trade bait for rare sessions

The link was also bound to get shared in private conversations, so you would've ended up with multiple groups making separate plans to place large bids. At least being public means most people will now withhold from placing bids, instead of assuming they're the only ones who know about it.

If nobody else knew you were trying to bid on it @rpvee, there's every chance you'd have 20-30 people all trying to place large bids in the final minutes.