John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) - Deluxe Edition 2020 / Intrada 2-CD edition October 31, 2023

crocodile

3 hours ago, Smeltington said:

I'm sorry to hear the only composer you could get to score your injury was Michael Giacchino  :crymore:  Hoping your ears have a speedy recovery!

Williams was too busy and Giacchino is one of my favorites and excelled at scoring “Lost” related material. 

3 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Better, yes, but I meant that I'm confused that there are Bond actors rather than TLW actors and dinosaurs.

The Mecha World doesn’t have any TLW actors or dinos....

43 minutes ago, EdG said:

I hope not too many people pass on Intrada's expansion because the download is already out there.

Intrada's trying hard to get to do the "crown jewels" at Lucasfilm - which will be harder if they can't make back their investment on projects like SOLO. Not to mention it will prove Lucasfilm was right to limit the release of INDY V if most people will be happy with the download.

Dammit.

58 minutes ago, EdG said:

I hope not too many people pass on Intrada's expansion because the download is already out there.

I spent over $30 getting the digital edition in high res. Why on earth would I spend even more money to get the CD? I don’t even play CDs anymore.

3 hours ago, EdG said:

[So] Intrada get['s] to do the "crown jewels" at Lucasfilm - which will be harder if they can't make back their investment on...SOLO.

2 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Why on earth would I spend even more money to get the CD? I don’t even play CDs anymore.

That’s at least a reason, though I doubt they ever get the “crown jewels,” which I would no doubt just buy on digital again anyway.

Thinking about "helping out the cause": I like Solo a lot and I listen to it from time to time. And buying this right now is financially cumbersome.

But I would sell off body parts and do major financial gymnastics for a Matessino Star Wars / Raiders set. I'm sure if it was really expensive it would cause me heartburn the likes of which I've not known since the Star Trek box was announced.

You know, they could do a repeat of the 1977 Early Bird Gift Set. Buy the SW box now and we'll send you Solo and then SW when it's ready whenever that is! (I LOVED the Early Bird Box. Screw you, haters!)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to flag that the ‘deluxe edition’ has reappeared on Apple Music (& other services no doubt) as a new release. What they have actually done is included the JW recording of Adventures of Han to bring this up to 36 tracks. Pretty pointless if you have both albums already but worth pointing out to those who haven't taken the plunge I guess…

IMG_4287.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dave Norris said:

Just to flag that the ‘deluxe edition’ has reappeared on Apple Music (& other services no doubt) as a new release. What they have actually done is included the JW recording of Adventures of Han to bring this up to 36 tracks. Pretty pointless if you have both albums already but worth pointing out to those who haven't taken the plunge I guess…

IMG_4287.jpeg

On 03/08/2023 at 9:38 AM, Jay said:

As of August 4 2023, the digital version of the Deluxe Edition will now open with the "Adventures of Han" track

2020 release: https://music.apple.com/nz/album/solo-a-star-wars-story-original-motion-picture/1539560271

2023 release: https://music.apple.com/nz/album/solo-a-star-wars-story-original-motion-picture/1699104032

On 08/08/2023 at 9:36 AM, Jay said:

Roger just confirmed on FSM that the CD edition will open with Williams' theme track

The digital download is like 2.5 hours of music. I don’t imagine there’s much more to offer.

It'll be the same including the Williams' theme at the opening. This was added as part of the process of us putting together the final packaging for the CD. Which I'm hoping gets approved any day...

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=150598&forumID=1&archive=0