The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2023 at 5:56 PM, Tallguy said:

Clearly Richards passed away decades ago. He's just got a hell of an embalmer.

Loved this anecdote from Noel Gallagher about meeting Keef - 'He said 'That band you had for a while was interesting. Tell me, whose singer do you think is the bigger cunt - yours or mine?' I said 'Oh, mine' and he cackled and replied 'That's what I thought' '.  

Poor Gergely Hubai… Although I never met him, I always felt proud whenever I saw his name in the liner notes of a CD by a specialty label. He was so young, only 39 years old…

May he rest in peace and may he listen to much great film music wherever he is…

Woooow. This is a shock!

Sinead O'Connor has passed away at 56.

I just listened to the Season 7 opening from Outlander 

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/2023/07/26/sinead-oconnor-acclaimed-dublin-singer-dies-aged-56/

Very sad news. Whilst the cause of death has not been revealed I think we can safely infer what happened, given her recent history.

She was a unique talent and she had a massive pair of lady bollocks on her. Massive respect.

Listening to her first album now. Don't like all of it, but Troy is truly something. What a powerful voice. Also, really amazed at her mostly high register since the limited clips I heard of her speaking sound really low.

I (re)bought the deluxe version of How About I Be Me and You Be You with the live disc a few months ago and hadn’t had a chance to give it a listen, which I rectified today.

Euphoria. Yeah I watched it, I liked it. I saw a red carpet with this guy Angus Cloud, he was totally stone. He was great in the series, a great character, a drug dealer... but kind and low profile... a very sad character, anyway I think he then took his character too seriously. 25 years that's too young to die, whatever the circumstances.

Slightly belated R.I.P. to Sinead O'Connor, at peace now at least. Hell of a singer (obvious choice maybe, but Nothing Compares 2 U would melt the hardest heart) and huge respect for raising the issue of the Catholic Church's abuse crimes on Saturday Night Live in the early 90s, a good 10 years before it became common knowledge.