Jump to content

Has Hans Zimmer aged well?


Jurassic Shark
 Share

Has Hans Zimmer aged well?  

39 members have voted

  1. 1. Has Hans Zimmer aged well?



Recommended Posts

 

3 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

He comes across as unfriendly and antagonistic online towards anyone politely asking for help. Reminds me a bit of Ford Thaxton. I'll never forget when he wished death on someone he disapproved of on Facebook through some platitude meme graphic, maniac.

 

I remember that! Truly sick. Typical deranged Hollyweird nut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrbellamy said:

Zimmer can say whatever tf he wants but he's obviously punching wayyyyyyy down here.

And the legacy of people on this board and other social media circles don’t when talking about him or others?

 

Is the irony lost on people who complain about an RCP score getting a complete release yet that’s all they clamor for from the labels?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

 

He comes across as unfriendly and antagonistic online towards anyone politely asking for help. Reminds me a bit of Ford Thaxton. I'll never forget when he wished death on someone he disapproved of on Facebook through some platitude meme graphic, maniac.

 

Isn't Ford a "nicer guy" now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

And the legacy of people on this board and other social media circles don’t when talking about him or others?

 

In what universe is a bunch of nobodies farting into the wind about an incredibly popular and successful composer considered punching down?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, if you talk shit, don’t be surprised if someone hurls it back at you.

 

This whole thing could have been avoided if people didn’t judge a score by its runtime without even hearing it.

 

Zimmer responded more in that thread than the one comment that was posted here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no info, really. My only takeaway so far is that if Southall actually quit over that one post, then he's pretty thin-skinned, and that it also just makes Zimmer look like a dumbass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

I have no info, really. My only takeaway so far is that if Southall actually quit over that one post, then he's pretty thin-skinned, and that it also just makes Zimmer look like a dumbass. 

 

My takeaway as well. I would presume that there was more to Southall quitting than the Zimmer comment.

 

39 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

This whole thing could have been avoided if people didn’t judge a score by its runtime without even hearing it.

 

Yea, but that's the internet, isn't it? Uber-passionate fanboys who passionately condemn or endorse without nuance. Just doesn't seem very graceful of Zimmer to start swinging under the belt in return. I might understand the frustration he might feel, knowing more about the actual labour that goes behind the curtains getting casually dismissed by Facebook commenters, and I usually appreciate when he sprinkles a little reality-dose with the fans, but this outburst seems like a pretty naive way to respond on his part. You're a successful millionaire film composer with legions of fans chanting your name...why get so riled up by a few dissenters in a Facebook comments section?

 

I should also point out that I don't know what the rest of that conversation looks like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, KK said:

You're a successful millionaire film composer with legions of fans chanting your name...why get so riled up by a few dissenters in a Facebook comments section?

 

Because deep down he knows what his detractors say about him is true. He doth protest too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Hey, if you talk shit, don’t be surprised if someone hurls it back at you.

 

This whole thing could have been avoided if people didn’t judge a score by its runtime without even hearing it.

 

Zimmer responded more in that thread than the one comment that was posted here.

 

Yep. Don't start fires if you don't want that smoke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Big Man said:

This forum is full of corporate shills. It's become like Twitter.

 

You've been saying similar things for a while now. Are you hinting at your imminent departure?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Bespin said:

What happened with Zimmer and a popular reviewer on Facebook?

 

People are saying Zimmer was drunk and made a personal attack against him?

 

18 hours ago, Edmilson said:

What happened? 

 

18 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Someone please post some prints or at the very least links to what happened, I need to see this!

 

17 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Can someone please share a link to this?

 

17 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

I haven’t seen the actual posts. Just this thread recounting:

 

 

 

16 hours ago, KK said:

I've only seen Erik's summation of the events. Apparently it was in response to the 4 hour length of JXL's upcoming Justice League score. Someone said something like: "it would have to be the best score in the world to warrant that length". And Southall wrote "Exactly.", to which Zimmer responded:

156448721_10158777047055935_649098216112

 

10 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Zimmer responded more in that thread than the one comment that was posted here.

 

 

 

What the heck everyone - can somebody please post the ENTIRE thing before we continue to discuss the one part of of that has been posted?

 

I wouldn't even know where to find it but some of you clearly know.  Can you please take the time to copy and paste it all here?

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, THAT's the story.

 

And James Southall posted this on his web page after removing ALL his Zimmer reviews from his website (because he was a fan, a critical mind of Zimmer's work, but a fan... and this is why Southall is hurted so much I think).

 

http://www.movie-wave.net/the-end-of-an-error/

 

Imagine John Williams posting on Facebook that my website is shite... I would burn all his albums!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Well, THAT's the story.

 

I don't think that's true

 

17 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

I haven’t seen the actual posts

 

17 hours ago, KK said:

I've only seen Erik's summation of the events.

 

10 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Zimmer responded more in that thread than the one comment that was posted here.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I asked to @SoundtrackMemes on Twitter, if James Southall received a formal notice from Zimmer, and it seems it's not the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hans didn't really criticized Southall in any meaningful way. All he told him is how Junkie "knows more" than him, people like JXL (argumentum ad populum) and then gave him some snort retort (possibly referring to one of his reviews). Just to bloat his ego.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

 


Can you PLEASE post screenshots of all this so we can see it all for ourselves?  I'd really appreciate it very much, thank you so much

 

Are you a friend of Mikael Carlsson's on Facebook?  If so, it's all there. If not, then this is how it began. 

 

Screenshot 2021-03-08 105958.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 3.59.12 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Zimmer a billionaire? I mean, I know he is quite rich, but I never thought film score composers can earn money like this, even if you're a famous composer like him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

Is Zimmer a billionaire? I mean, I know he is quite rich, but I never thought film score composers can earn money like this, even if you're a famous composer like him. 

 

It's an over-exaggeration to make a point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Erik Woods said:

Are you a friend of Mikael Carlsson's on Facebook? 

 

I don't even know who that is

 

Quote

If so, it's all there. If not, then this is how it began.

 

Thank you for the "how it began";  But how did it end?  Is there more, or is this all of it?

 

Looking at the whole picture here, at first I thought Hans was actually replying to "Gary Dalkin" but accidentally click on James' comment instead, until he specifically started talking about "the banality of one of your articles".  So, I guess Hans has had these thoughts about James' reviews for a while and just took this random opportunity to finally share them publicly for... reasons?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Gary Dalkin also a person that writes articles on film music? Seems like Hans was pretty specific on that point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How is it known with absolute authority that that is truly Hans Zimmer's personal facebook account and not someone impersonating him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

How is it known with absolute authority that that is truly Hans Zimmer's personal facebook account and not someone impersonating him?


I know someone who knows Zimmer personally.  It's Zimmer behind the keyboard.

 

-Erik-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So are these 2 comments by Zimmer and 2 comments by Southal the entire thing?  Or is there more?

I feel like I am pulling teeth this morning trying to get the whole story out.  A lot of people on this forum don't use Facebook, and need to see screenshots!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And here's more piling on this time from a Justice League producer. Classy!

 

 

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

So are these 2 comments by Zimmer and 2 comments by Southal the entire thing?  Or is there more?

I feel like I am pulling teeth this morning trying to get the whole story out.  A lot of people on this forum don't use Facebook, and need to see screenshots!

 

I don't have time to screenshot the whole thing.  It's a massive thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I a

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

So are these 2 comments by Zimmer and 2 comments by Southal the entire thing?  Or is there more?

I feel like I am pulling teeth this morning trying to get the whole story out.  A lot of people on this forum don't use Facebook, and need to see screenshots!

 

5 minutes ago, Holko said:

Just wanna say that Zimmer' a massive asshole here, but also that I massively appreciate Jay's attempts to get a full picture before piling on and judging. Refreshing in these times.

 

I sent Carlsson a friend request. If he accepts, I will screenshot and post the whole thread here. No one else seems willing to do the work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

One has to wonder why HanZ didn't attack the guy why actually commented on length vs. quality, Gary Dalkin.

 Because there is a history between Zimmer and James. James writes a bad review, Zimmer cries like a baby.  James writes a bad review of a JXL score, Zimmer cries like a baby.  I have no problem if a composer has an issue with a review but man, reach out to the writer privately, offer your opinion, maybe give him some facts that he might have missed and let the reviewer admen the review.  Kindness is a magical thing.  BTW, I'm no saint and I really do have to change my ways as well but Zimmer is just a big bully and this isn't the first time he's done this to someone. 

 

2 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

I sent Carlsson a friend request. If he accepts, I will screenshot and post the whole thread here. No one else seems willing to do the work.

 

Or we are busy doing something else. This has nothing to do with laziness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

One has to wonder why HanZ didn't attack the guy why actually commented on length vs. quality, Gary Dalkin.

 

Zimmer attacked the "known" guy to fix him.

 

Here's an interesting article about "Remote Control Productions", about how Zimmer works and why it raises some legitimate questions. 

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Control_Productions_(American_company)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Erik Woods said:

And what he did was nothing but a personal attack on James; a guy who has been a fan of Zimmer's work since the beginning and has written glowing reviews of Zimmer's work as well. But no, Zimmer had to focus on the negative.  

 

This is only the start. Coming up: Billionaire film composer dethroned by #metoo.

 

4 minutes ago, Erik Woods said:

I'm no saint

 

Now you're just being modest.

 

5 minutes ago, Erik Woods said:

Or we are busy doing something else. This has nothing to do with laziness.

 

Anybody wants to ask HanZ for screenshots?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.