AHSOKA - 2023 Star Wars TV

Jay

2 hours ago, SilverTrumpet said:

I fell for a similar list before Obi-Wan...not again!

I like how they recommend you watch all of Rebels, which isn't a show about Ahsoka, but not Clone Wars, which is her show...or the film in which she's introduced. Classic Didney Star Wars fan logic.

I mean, this show is quite literally a continuation of Rebels.

Yeah, this show includes (at least) Hera, Sabine, and Chopper based on the trailer, and almost certainly Ezra and why not Zeb - and it’s following up on the cliffhangerish finale from Rebels in which

Spoiler

Ezra and Thrawn vanish into hyperspace

as glanced upon in Mando S2.

Characters like Thrawn or Ahsoka, which seem to appear in every epoche of Star Wars confuse me with their story arc.

Thrawn was originally introduced after episode for after the death of the emperor. But his story beginns at the height of the empire. And he appears in Rebels already as imperial officer which takes place before the battle of Yavin. 

Ahsoka started to appear in the clone wars before episode 3 and then again after episode 3 in Rebels before Yavin.

Then she appeared again in The Mandalorian which is about 3-5 years after the battle of Endor. And there she is still looking for Thrawn, a search she started in Rebels before Yavin (She seems to be really bad at searching people).

As I understood, the upcoming Filoni movie will merge The Mandalorian, Book of Boba and Ahsoka, I guess the series takes place in parallel to The Mandalorian? Or am I mistaken?

Bottom line: A lot of this does not make to much sense from a timeline perspective.

Anyway.

Will probably be entertaining. Even though I was rather annoyed by live action Ahsoka, because she was so badly scripted.

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Yeah, this show includes (at least) Hera, Sabine, and Chopper based on the trailer, and almost certainly Ezra and why not Zeb - and it’s following up on the cliffhangerish finale from Rebels in which

Reveal hidden contents

as glanced upon in Mando S2.

But from Ahsoka's appearance in season 2 of TM we know that she is still searching for Thrawn.

19 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

No clone wars film? That is her introduction.

and you can then experience the from cringe to great character development completely

Cringe to slightly less cringe but now with overstaying her welcome by being jammed into nearly every important saga event 

13 hours ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

I mean, this show is quite literally a continuation of Rebels.

I don’t think the creators see it like that, Filoni has said you can watch this and only this whilst still following what’s happening (which remains to be seen but hints at the intent there)

12 minutes ago, DarthDementous said:

Cringe to slightly less cringe but now with overstaying her welcome by being jammed into nearly every important saga event 

I don’t think the creators see it like that, Filoni has said you can watch this and only this whilst still following what’s happening (which remains to be seen but hints at the intent there)

That doesn't mean it's not a continuation.

"the action of carrying something on over a period of time or the process of being carried on."

1 hour ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

That doesn't mean it's not a continuation.

"the action of carrying something on over a period of time or the process of being carried on."

You were literally responding to counter what someone was saying about needing to watch other media as a prerequisite for this show. I’m pointing out that according to Filoni that’s not how he sees it and thus the intent is likely to be primarily a standalone thing that informed viewers can get extra appreciation out of

If Mandalorian is any indication it’s actually better to not be familiar with the other material, otherwise characters like Bo Katan seem even more baffling because of how it jars with her previous appearances

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Look really good.

i think the two dark jedi are emperors hands. Well see.

i dont like the look of thrawn though i like they kept the voice from the cartoon. So in the end im fine with it.

im really interested in sabine as she is force sensitive, i think it was hinted in the series but was not clear.

i loved seeing an E-Wing.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that have seen Clone Wars and Rebels, how engaging are they to adults? I've seen the CW "movie" (and wish I hadn't) but I understand that the series improved over the years. I've also seen a few episodes of Rebels from season 1 which were okay but not enough to have me clamouring to watch the series. Obviously we don't how heavily this show will rely on knowledge of the previous animated iterations of Ahsoka yet, but I hope that it will still be enjoyable and make narrative sense for non-CW/Rebels viewers.

2 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

For those that have seen Clone Wars and Rebels, how engaging are they to adults?

3-7 of CW started to hew more adult (while still having some arcs/episodes that were lighter, for example 1 or 2 silly droid/Jar-Jar episodes) but not entirely like Andor/LOTR/Dark Night level or anything.

14 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

For those that have seen Clone Wars and Rebels, how engaging are they to adults? I've seen the CW "movie" (and wish I hadn't) but I understand that the series improved over the years. I've also seen a few episodes of Rebels from season 1 which were okay but not enough to have me clamouring to watch the series. Obviously we don't how heavily this show will rely on knowledge of the previous animated iterations of Ahsoka yet, but I hope that it will still be enjoyable and make narrative sense for non-CW/Rebels viewers.

You're going to be left wanting for both on that level, and I expect Ahsoka to be reliant on past material whilst not explaining it to the unfamiliar but also contradict it, as that has been the pattern so far

16 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

I think you need to see Ahsoka as a sort of Rebels Season 5.

I thought both Clone Wars & Rebels were fantastic shows. Both take some adjusting because at the start they do see more like kids shows. But both quickly become some of the best Star Wars for me.

This might be a handy guide for Rebels

d2me7vn7hzk01.png

I think chapter 69 was called “Jedi night”?

8 hours ago, Stark said:

Clone Wars and Rebels both start out as somewhat kid-oriented, but they also both get into some pretty heavy stuff (trauma, maiming, murder, genocide) and are full of action and death.

Rebels more-so than Clone Wars has a habit of swerving to more kid friendly zones when things are starting to get particularly compelling. Clone Wars doesn't really pull any punches but it also doesn't tackle these really heavy themes with much nuance, and it does a pretty bad job at depicting a galactic war

If you like anthologies, jumping perspectives or think the prequels need more development you will find a lot to enjoy in Clone Wars.

If you like family dynamics, coming of age, found family and the mystery of the Force you will find those things in Rebels.

Both are great in their own way, Rebels might be easier to finish in time since there are less episodes than Clone Wars (and it's probably the one that's important to Ahsoka the most), both are just 20 min long. 

They are finding their footing in Season 1 of Rebels but there's a lot to enjoy and not a single thread that doesn't pay off later, I think episode 5 is where things start to heat up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also really excited for this show! It looks like it's going to be a great show, and Ahsoka has definitely become one of my favorite characters in the saga after watching The Clone Wars and Rebels. And it's so great to see the Ghost crew in live-action! I hope they can stick the landing with this one and deliver a great show.

7 hours ago, Knight of Ren said:

I'm also really excited for this show! It looks like it's going to be a great show, and Ahsoka has definitely become one of my favorite characters in the saga after watching The Clone Wars and Rebels. And it's so great to see the Ghost crew in live-action! I hope they can stick the landing with this one and deliver a great show.

Yesss!

I also can't wait for Kiner's score.

It's gonna be cool to finally hear Thrawn's theme on album after seasons 3 & 4 of Rebels weren't released

Yeah, I really like some of his themes, particularly for Rebels' later seasons. Thrawn, Sabine, Kanan, Ahsoka, Hera, all fantastic themes that I cannot wait to hear in the show in one way or another (well, perhaps Kanan's theme won't appear but I'm hoping at least for a brief flashback or something like that).

And I also hope they do a lengthy release like they did with Clone Wars S7 to compensate for the lack of soundtrack releases for many of The Clone Wars and Rebels seasons.

Another announcement. Episodes will now be available earlier than before.

6pm PT

9pm EST

That 3AM in Europe/2AM in the UK.

Wonder if this will be the new drop time for all the shows and movies

49 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Another announcement. Episodes will now be available earlier than before.

6pm PT

9pm EST

That 3AM in Europe/2AM in the UK.

Wonder if this will be the new drop time for all the shows and movies

YES!! Tired of this waking up an extra hour before work nonsense.

The crawl… goodness. Just a block of text sliding up the screen. At least make it fade into the distance. And what was that opening bridge scene, Star Trek?? There was something else off with the first episode… oh yeah. Let’s spend three minutes watching a video game style solve a puzzle to reveal the treasure. Added nothing to the character or plot. 

Still, I have hope.