The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

6 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

There was also talk of bringing her back for VI, and making Saavik a turncoat.

It wasn't just talk. The character of Valeris was Saavik. The only reason they changed it to a new character was because Alley wouldn't come back.

Curtis had the sharp more angular features that have defined what we think of as the Vulcan look due to the casting Nimoy and Lenard in TOS, and that continues later with Tim Russ, Jolene Blalock, etc

I don't think many people really know who he is, but I've seen him in a couple of films and series. Sad to hear.

Stephen "Twitch" Boss has passed away. He shot himself. He was an dancer, choreographer, actor & DJ.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.tmz.com/2022/12/14/stephen-twitch-boss-dead-dies-dj-ellen-degeneres-so-you-think-you-can-dance/&ved=2ahUKEwja_rOh6fn7AhVNwAIHHVZXAhAQr_oDKAB6BAgVEAE&usg=AOvVaw1iT6GJKvOrCE9ugvMBnDsi

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Star-Trek-II-HERO.jpg

"I have been - and always shall be - your friend."

This was the very last thing that I wrote, in the very last e-mail that I sent to my friend.

I'm tearing up, looking at this.

1 minute ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

This was the very last thing that I wrote, in the very last e-mail that I sent to my friend.

I'm tearing up, looking at this.

I had a coworker, who was also someone I had known for a very long time, pass away earlier this year, in his sleep, and we don't know why. He had just turned 23, and he was my age. The weekend he passed away, I had just gotten home from vacation and hadn't seen him since the Friday before I left. I don't remember what my last words were to him, because I think he left work before I did. But the last thing I did see of him, was a day or two before it happened, and my other coworker sent me a video of my friend and another guy arguing about basketball, which they always did, which makes me laugh to this day. Something inside me told me to screen record the video, and I didn't, and I wish I had. I'm sorry you lost your friend, but I'm also glad to see you talked to him before he passed, and hopefully helped them feel better, if they really needed it, because that will stick with you forever.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

God's orchestrator.

More importantly, did he like JW?

Reportedly he also liked Bach and Beethoven too.

As for JW, considering his tastes for um old hat pillars of classical music, its unlikely (speculatively-speaking) that JW's work managed to enter into Benedict's musical / aesthetic spheres.

Francis on the other hand is known to have watched some films so there's probably a better chance that he's even aware of JW (again, all speculative).

On 07/01/2023 at 2:17 AM, Romão said:

Earl Boen has died

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/earl-boen-the-terminator-actor-dies-1235480866/

As a true working actor, he will be remembered for his many roles, but he will always be Lechuck to me

Earl-Boen-010623-2-269868cd797b4aa8bc94a

I guess this is where I know him the most from.