Jump to content

DRACULA - 2018 Varese Deluxe Edition Produced by Mike Matessino


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oooooooh

Dracula at Varese. (Courtesy Robert Townson on my request)   https://www.facebook.com/476366332820991/posts/580869859037304/  

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/dracula-the-deluxe-edition

Now this is the case where it's very debatable whether it was worth it to include the OST on a second disc to boost the price, especially considering it's Varese and it'll be more expensive for us non-Americans from the get go.

 

Oh, good, I'm still living up to my title.

 

 

Samples sound good!

Varese is the label of the year so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Romão said:

But the original album is a very good assembly that was very expensive to get and the sound was particularly great, so I think it's more than warranted that the original album is included in much better sound

 

It's been well-established that the sound quality was one of Williams' worst, and you can get this set cheaper than the average going rate for the original CD!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Disco Stu said:

Skipping the Lost World is not something you say publicly.  Have some modesty.

 

I also skipped ET, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I bet the latter is a stellar release, and it's my favorite score, but I'm so satisfied with the original album that I don't see it as a priority. Same with The Lost World.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick Parker said:

 

I also skipped ET, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I bet the latter is a stellar release, and it's my favorite score, but I'm so satisfied with the original album that I don't see it as a priority. Same with The Lost World.

 

I put The Lost World right there alongside AI in terms of John Williams listening experiences that were dramatically improved by a C&C presentation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Disco Stu said:

 

I put The Lost World right there alongside AI in terms of John Williams listening experiences that were dramatically improved by a C&C presentation.

 

Improved, or different? 'Cause while the listening experience (JWFan TM term) was very different with the complete score, I wouldn't say it's improved per se. Plus, the original album is really kick-ass.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Already orderable from MusicBox, but I'll wait out what LLL's Nov13 releases will be. If they'll already have Supes, there would be hope for something else WIlliams on Black Friday for the books.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Holko said:

Already orderable from MusicBox, but I'll wait out what LLL's Nov13 releases will be. If they'll already have Supes, there would be hope for something else WIlliams on Black Friday for the books.

Umm... Schindler's List?

 

Karol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...