What composers and which scores kicked off your love for the soundtracks?

21 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

For me it was Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl and more specifically the track 'One Last Shot'

A great soundtrack to start out with. I think the first movie has at least 7 main themes! 

I love pirate period thriller stuff like Pirates otC, Count of Monte Cristo and Monkey Island.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And if you want to meet the generation who got hooked by JW with "The Reivers", it's there:

I'm turning 20 in two weeks

The first scores which opened my eyes to film music were Horner's American Tail scores.  I was a classical nerd who had thought that real music ceased to be written around 1920.

Then, I heard some John Williams (Far and Away) and Miklos Rozsa (Ben-Hur) on the radio.  I was super impressed.

And then I absolutely fell in love with Superman.  I was hooked.

The concert works of Rozsa and Williams are what led me to appreciate more challenging classical works as well.  

In 1984, Temple of Doom in the cinema was the first time I took notice of the music and learned the name of the composer, John Williams. Later that year I saw Empire Strikes back for the first time in a rerun and stayed as the only person in the cinema over the whole end credits because I loved the music and wanted to listen until the end. Those 2 scores defined my Soundtrack hobby and are still among my favorites.