Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

5 hours ago, JTW said:

None taken. I want to be buried next to Beethoven, anyway.

Sounds fun!

17 hours ago, Edmilson said:

How the world will be when Disney release the box sets with the complete Star Wars and Indiana Jones scores:

Cidades do futuro já estão em construção | Nota Alta ESPM

Nice. Hope there's still CD players around.

7 hours ago, JTW said:

None taken. I want to be buried next to Beethoven, anyway.

2073, Los Angeles —

JW: I want the indy 6 score pressed on CD

Disney: You’ll need some fans.

JW: I know, but they’re all dead.

6 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

"Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?"

dc489670-ec52-4b3c-9ad3-3e35d2e8f29b_tex

image.jpeg

Yeah, Marian's showing us in this photo TWO things most of us will never have!

8 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Yeah, Marian's showing us in this photo TWO things most of us will never have!

Why, you can still have 5 Oscars. ;)

8 minutes ago, ajc384 said:

Utterly insane and I very genuinely hope that no-one is silly or desperate enough to contemplate buying it at that price.

More like rich enough. 

On 20/07/2023 at 12:49 PM, jamesluckard said:

Partly, it's experience working in the film industry and seeing how the requests of important directors and actors are taken VERY seriously.

More importantly, it's my experience getting about half a dozen faulty Blu-Rays with video or audio problems corrected by contacting their directors and asking them to contact the studios, after every time fruitlessly contacting the studio home video divisions on my own.

Studios don't listen to individual consumers, or even small groups of them. There isn't even a mechanism to receive their questions/complaints/comments usually. They're just forwarded to dead-end phone numbers, or email accounts that aren't checked.

Studios listen to everything big name directors and actors say, to protect the relationship for possible future films.

One of the first Blu-Rays I got corrected was FRANTIC. I contacted multiple people at Warner Home Video over the course of months and politely notified them the audio was faulty. Nobody took me seriously, even though I was obsequiously polite and respectful throughout. I spent months getting the runaround.

Finally, I just looked up Roman Polanski's office number in Paris online, called, got his secretary, and explained the Blu-Ray fault to her. She was horrified by the mistake and asked me to immediately write an email that she would show to Mr. Polanski. The Blu-Ray was corrected within a month, and he sent me a signed copy of the Frantic script to thank me for letting him know about the audio fault. :)

All of that is to say that directors are the best route. They're not swamped with fans like stars, and they truly care about these things, in my experience. I've contacted a number of them like this. (Obviously, Mr. Williams would be even better in this case, but he doesn't have an online presence.)

So, yep, I firmly believe that if Mr Mangold can be informed of what happened, and if he is bothered by it (which I think he will be), then one call from him to Disney will get more CDs pressed within a week.

I read your adventure on some blu ray forums and that was top notch. I had your topic info when I got my FRANTIC blu ray and I be sure I got the real good version.

My appreciation on your quest, thank you!

38 minutes ago, Andy said:

Free shipping though. 

I'd bl00dy well hope so!  For $5k I'd expect a lifetime's supply of beer and a date with Harrison Ford thrown in too!  :lol:

Five.  Thousand.  Dollars!

Five!  Thousand!  Dollars!

On 12/08/2023 at 1:43 AM, ajc384 said:

...And so the madness begins...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374875163944

Wasn't that the rare kind of offer, where it becomes legal to rip off the sellers balls when you get hold of him?

22 hours ago, Amer said:

Im gratefull to. JWFAN.NET member who alerted here me on the 2nd time the cd was available and decide to place the order just in time before it went out in minutes. Thank you Sir.

Lucky you! And what a good partner as well!

On 12/08/2023 at 5:51 PM, ajc384 said:

These people have no scruples...

These eBay sellers are doing absolutely nothing wrong, assuming they're selling the legit pressed CD.  They have a product that's in high demand and are attempting to sell it to the highest bidder.  Plain and simple.

It has a physical vinyl release still available: https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVLP226/john-williams-indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-2lp-set

The physical CD release was available to pre-order from June 14 through July 10, when it sold out.