Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

On 13/11/2023 at 6:45 PM, Bayesian said:

Would it be churlish of me to bitch at Disney for the damage to the Indy 5 LP that just arrived after months of delays?  :puh:

Not churlish at all. The LP hasn't sold well, it's still in stock. They can easily replace it for you, and for such a premium-priced collector's item, they definitely should.

At the very least, if the LP's themselves are ok, you might be able to request a replacement cover. I did that once through Presto in the UK. They were great about it, and it seems their distributor had no issue with it. 

And Disney have proven themselves to be so reasonable and on top of things...... 

That's totally unacceptable. Not just a bumped corner there.

So after a week in New Jersey my Dial of Destiny CD order was in Jamaica, NY (JFK) yesterday and should be flying to Canada soon. Hopefully customs will be as lazy as those handling my recent La-La-Land Always, Sabrina, and Amistad order and just let it slide through without any taxes. :P

On 18/11/2023 at 10:20 AM, GerateWohl said:

Got a notification yesterday "expected delivery date Nov, 17th". But nothing happened.

@Steve At least our CDs have eachother. 

After several days in Hagen, my CD should have arrived today. But I was at work when the Post arrived. Now I have to collect it at the Post Office, not before 4 pm tomorrow. And the nice surprise: I have to pay aditional 6 € DHL Auslagenpauschale + 2.15 € customs....

The journey continues. Keep checking back for the latest news about my Journey of Destiny! 🤠🤠🤠

Today is the 3rd day that I received a Mail stating, it might be delivered today.

Screenshot_20231121_121835_Chrome~2.jpg

But I guess, this game can go on forever. 

So much trouble just for a mistakenly delivered de-master of "Return of the Jedi " (I am expecting the worst at the moment).

11 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Today is the 3rd day that I received a Mail stating, it might be delivered today.

Screenshot_20231121_121835_Chrome~2.jpg

But I guess, this game can go on forever. 

So much trouble just for a mistakenly delivered de-master of "Return of the Jedi " (I am expecting the worst at the moment).

Wow. this is even worse than my story 🙉

I wonder what will happen at the post office when I will try to collect the parcel😅

I received mine today in France (plays fine, that's all I need), but still had to pay an additional 10 euros to get it.

I thought I already paid some tax while ordering it, am I the only one?

Anyway, I don't complain, glad to have the CD

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Even the longest story has to end at one point. Finally, after three months of waiting, frustration, anger and excitement - I GOT MY COPY :woop:

Well, it has a crack in the front case, but that doesn't matter at this point.

Ironic, the isolated score got out todayROTFLMAO

14 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

I again got a message that it couldn't be delivered today. I was at home all day. But they wrote, that now they are going to send me a postcard with information at which post office I can pick it up myself in a few days.

What a service!

Same here. Got a card yesterday although I was at home. I now have to pick it up after 12:00. I think it is because of the tax that needs paying (twice), and they don't want to do that at the door due to time constraints, or the personnel is just too lazy or poorly trained.

Fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, Coco314 said:

I received mine today in France (plays fine, that's all I need), but still had to pay an additional 10 euros to get it.

I thought I already paid some tax while ordering it, am I the only one?

So, in the end Euopeans paid around 35€ for a release, that was $12 in the shop. About 200% on top.

Does that mean, when at last DME offers the 20 CD Star Wars box for $120 we must expect to pay about 350€ for it because it will be offered nowhere else? :eh:

Hypothesis:

Disney bought Lucas Film to crush the competitor. The Star Wars and Indy franchises are now being deliberately run down, and we shall only be seing special re-re-releases of Fantasia, The Lion King and Cinderella in the future.

4 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Hypothesis:

Disney bought Lucas Film to crush the competitor. The Star Wars and Indy franchises are now being deliberately run down, and we shall only be seing special re-re-releases of Fantasia, The Lion King and Cinderella in the future.

[EDIT]

Hypothesis:

Disney bought Lucas Film to crush the competitor. The Star Wars and Indy franchises are now being deliberately run down, and we shall only be seing special re-re-releases of Fantasia, The Lion King, and Cinderella, as well as carelessly edited and incomplete CD box sets of previously published material from the Indiana Jones series in the future.

7 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

So, in the end Euopeans paid around 35€ for a release, that was $12 in the shop. About 200% on top.

Even more than that... as said by Thor when he ordered "I paid a whopping $32 for it (shipping was more than the actual CD, and there was a stupid $7 tax on top of that again)"

Adding to that 10 euros, pretty sure that I paid the tax twice :(

But as Marian Schedenig said

"Their terms state that they collect tax on domestic orders and no tax on international orders; the package was taxed by the Austrian customs office because it was not declared as already taxed; and Ariel from DME's customer service has confirmed that they are going to refund the incorrectly collected tax (although I'm still waiting for the refund (via PayPal), which is supposed to tax 3 to 7 business days). (Even with the tax refund, I still end up spending more than I should have to, because as far as I remember the Austrian/EU tax was calculated from the total value *including* Disney's incorrect tax)"

So, I received the following message from Disney regarding the domestic taxes. What should I answer? 

"We appreciate that you've taken the time to contact us!

There are two types of taxes charged when goods are imported into a country: customs fees and VAT (or similar tax). Customs fees are placed on physical goods that are imported into a country from another country or territory. These fees are applied to international sales, but never domestic (unlike VAT, JCT, GST, SST, HST, QST or similar tax, which can be applied to both goods imported into a country and goods sold locally). 

In general, the buyer is responsible for paying the additional costs such as duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees. In some countries, we are obligated to collect those as VAT on imported goods and to pay this over to the tax authorities. Most customs charges are due once the package arrives in the destination country. The amounts can vary widely and are often based on the price and type of item, package weight and dimensions, origin country, and the taxes, duties, and fees of the destination country. If a buyer and a seller are located in different countries, we inform buyers that additional duties and taxes (such as those charged at customs) may apply. This is to make it clear to buyers that they may be responsible for paying these additional fees.

We would advise that you contact your local customs office for more detailed information. 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Nathan 
Customer Service"

Thanks for the reminder. Three months later, and I still haven't received my tax refund. At this point, it's not really the amount anymore, but the principle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Looks like it’s not searchable but the old link works!

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVCD60/john-williams-indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny

Thanks, Big Jim!

Sorry, of course, I should have included the link. I forgot it didn't show up on search last time. Sneaky Mickey!

Dear god... what incompetence. If ever there was a release they should've let Intrada handle instead of whatever nimwits are deciding pressing arrangements for this.