Disney Emporium releases Indiana Jones: The Complete CD Collection (Expected ship date is March 27, 2024.) No new expansions - Includes the previous Concord Records programmes plus KotCS and DoD OSTs

jamesluckard

4 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

It's a Disney Legend.

JWFan: "this collection contained a map a shitload of missing cues"

Mickey Mouse: "so it did."

This expansion is the hope killer. This expansion is the little death that brings total disappointment. I will forget this expansion in a few days, but will be reminded of it as soon as this thread is bumped again. When our hope for new expansions is gone, there will be nothing.

Only Muad’Disney will remain.

From The Litany Against ”Indiana Jones: The Complete CD Collection”

The 6th Disc (or the 5th from the Concorde set) is truly Al Ghaib:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, StarFox said:

Did you all see this???? Awesome for Vinyl lovers:

TOD Vinyl And TLC Vinyl 

I've got the single LP OST...

6 hours ago, StarFox said:

Did you all see this???? Awesome for Vinyl lovers:

TOD Vinyl And TLC Vinyl 

I’m wondering if we will get Crystal Skull too. I can’t decide if I should go ahead and grab these or wait and hope for a box set. 

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

It's basically a lose lose situation for us. If we support this garbage, it just encourages them to keep churning out garbage. If we boycott it, they assume nobody buys this stuff and don't invest more money in better releases.

Yeah, I feel like the second I buy this they will release a box set that includes Skull forcing you to buy them all over again. 

2 hours ago, Toillion said:

Yeah, I feel like the second I buy this they will release a box set that includes Skull forcing you to buy them all over again. 

The CD* box set does include the OST for Crystal Skull.

6 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Antique stuff is often expensive. 

Not always.  Museums give that stuff away for free.  They put it all out on tables and label them for your convenience.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

This set does include the OST for Crystal Skull.

No, he means these vinyls. And the answer is no, please don't buy shit from these shits. And don't watch their shit shows. They need to be shown they can't keep getting away with lowest possible effort trash.

2 hours ago, owjow77 said:

I know how we all feel about the contents of the cds themselves, but does anyone have digital copies of these covers, because that Last Crusade cover is much better than the original.

IJ1.png

IJ2.png

After the petition failed so dramatically, we must face the fact, that us hardcore soundtrack fans are just a bunch of a few hundred nerds, that are not worth the effort from Disney's perspective. 

But the only fact that gives me a slight hope, that my grandchildren's grandchildren might face one day a proper Star Wars release, is that they let Intrada release the complete score of Solo on CD (and complete Rogue One on vinyl).

4 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

After the petition failed so dramatically, we must face the fact, that us hardcore soundtrack fans are just a bunch of a few hundred nerds, that are not worth the effort from Disney's perspective. 

But the only fact that gives me a slight hope, that my grandchildren's grandchildren might face one day a proper Star Wars release, is that they let Intrada release the complete score of Solo on CD (and complete Rogue One on vinyl).

I always try to stay positive. I'm sure someday Williams will ask Mike and Disney to put out complete releases and it will happen.

After all, we know Williams already requested specific titles to be expanded, Dracula comes to mind, and it happened.

Or maybe Mike will convince Disney to do something, just like he convinced Craft Recordings to do the definitive Sound Of Music. And JW won't be an issue at all, the recent amazing expansions we've been having lately shows us how Williams trusts Mike, so I'm sure they will be approved easily.

That petition failed because it was targeting Disney. Can you imagine how many fan petitions involving Disney properties people create every single day? The ONLY way it would gather any kind of attention from a Disney employee is if, like, dozens of millions of people signed it. And even then it's not guaranteed that they would listen.

The way I see it, Disney and Lucasfilm won't listen to a few film score diehards on the internet. But they MAY listen to Matessino, because they already know him, they know he works in the industry and have contacts, he even (hopefully) has the blessing of John Williams himself.

It's up to Matessino to pitch his vision to Disney and try to make it happen. I'm pretty confident he can get at least one meeting with higher ups at Lucasfilm and Disney Records. If he convinces them of how valuable those albums can be (and not only in financial terms), then we may have a chance.

Anyone else knows what he thinks about Disney letting him work on SW and Indy scores? Because if he's waiting for Disney to call him, I'm sorry to break the bad news but that won't happen. It's HIM that has the power and leverage to convince them. And it's us, who consume his work, who can convince him to make a pitch at Disney.

I think Matessino does have a foot inside Disney. I'm sure he has or would  have pitched about STAR WARS/INDIANA JONES Expansions but it has to be about the right timing. Disney is a big corporate and its formidable giant on its own. There are many hurdles that need to be crossed. So we just have to wait and see. 

Who says the petition failed?? ;) Although, Disney probably have a policy by now of ignoring all fan petitions related to Star Wars   :P 

Mike def knows we want Star Wars, and Indy. There's no way he wouldn't pursue any possible avenues that could lead to expansions. I don't think we need to worry about him at all.

31 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Who says the petition failed?? ;) Although, Disney probably have a policy by now of ignoring all fan petitions related to Star Wars   :P 

I do. Both pertitions mentioned in the SW petition thread endet up with about 500 votes which is for sure far below the number of potential buyers of these sets. 

What scares me a little is the ridiculously high price of this new Indy set. If we can expect a big 20 disk Star Wars set with 30$ per disk I might be out, even though it might be the set of my dreams. But 600$ plus shipping and tax and customs for a bunch of soundtrack CDs? I don't know...

Also, what they need to be a 20 CD ultra-expensive megabox? Why not just release, in Star Wars's case, three different boxes, one for each trilogy, during the course of three years or whatever? Although, considering this recent Indy box, it is more likely that Disney will want to release everything at once.

As for Indy, I dunno... How many discs would be needed for the five movies?

Anyway, also releasing it digitally would only make Mike's pitch better. A digital release would maximize the revenue without needing that many extra expenses. They'd just need to prepare the scores and then upload the 30 CDs or whatever to Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, etc.

Maybe $20-25 per film, 6 films (focus on the OT/PT for now) = ~$120-140. A massive deluxe box set with a fancy book about the score surely isn't going anywhere for less than $200-300, possibly more.

The question may be whether Disney would recognise the diminished manufacturing costs and lower the price, or decide that Williams and SW fans will pay anyway. Either way, I'm only buying RotS.

8 minutes ago, StarFox said:

Well I just happen to catch this tidbit from the PROJECT MANAGER at Disney Music Emporium, David Watts:

IMG_0354.jpeg

I've seen that also and that's why I've been hesitant to buy TOD and Last Crusade double LPs. Maybe there is a boxset coming and that's why we haven't seen those other listed for sale in the US yet? 

It's interesting that it says that comment is from 6 days ago though. I saw it at least a month ago.