HOOK (1991) - NEW! 2023 3-CD Ultimate Edition Produced, Edited, and Mastered by Mike Matessino featuring all Williams/Bricusse songs

Jay

On 03/12/2023 at 8:47 AM, JohnnyD said:

I’m a little concerned because, though the order status updated to “Awaiting Shipment,” I have not gotten an email yet saying it has shipped, that LLL employee has sent a package. I did order it on Black Friday around 11 AM EST. I hope I get a notification by this week.

Well, you could be in my position, whereby my status says "shipped," but the tracking info says USPS is still awaiting the item. It's been like that for me for three days now.

LLL are obviously swamped right now and working diligently to get these orders out, so I hope mine can get boxed up today. I'm really eager to try out the Disc 3 listening experience.

Well, I received the 2 scores I ordered, but it was whisked away before I could even take a picture of it, so I'll have to wait for Christmas to listen to it, but I look forward to reading everyone's discussions and will gladly join in after I've listened to it fully.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Still "Awaiting Shipment." No email update since November 30th...:crymore: What do I do?

I’d give it a few more days; mine was “Awaiting Shipment” from Nov 27th until it finally shipped today. I wouldn’t worry.

So listen to this: I get home and Hook isn’t here. The postal workers have been here and dropped off other things but not Hook. The tracker says it’s still Out For Delivery and will be here by 9:00pm. However I’m worried as a postal worker has clearly already been here.

So I’m a reeeeeeally anxious little ball of stress all of a sudden. All that anticipation and hype just sank a deep pit into my stomach. I have to hope it arrives via another carrier by nine. Otherwise I’m gonna be worried it was stolen etc. until tmrw, hoping it arrives then. And on and on it goes but I digress/am catastrophizing.

I haven’t had a problem with anything being delivered here so far. I just got Solo the other day for example. But this is a new place I’ve just moved into.

Stress.

Stress.

Stress.

Stress.

Stress.

1 hour ago, blondheim said:

So listen to this: I get home and Hook isn’t here. The postal workers have been here and dropped off other things but not Hook. The tracker says it’s still Out For Delivery and will be here by 9:00pm. However I’m worried as a postal worker has clearly already been here.

So I’m a reeeeeeally anxious little ball of stress all of a sudden. All that anticipation and hype just sank a deep pit into my stomach. I have to hope it arrives via another carrier by nine. Otherwise I’m gonna be worried it was stolen etc. until tmrw, hoping it arrives then. And on and on it goes but I digress/am catastrophizing.

I haven’t had a problem with anything being delivered here so far. I just got Solo the other day for example. But this is a new place I’ve just moved into.

Stress.

Stress.

Stress.

Stress.

Stress.

Don’t stress! (Even though I’d stress just the same as you if it were me.) If it says out for delivery, it hasn’t been scanned at the dropoff point (your mailbox). It’s still on a truck somewhere. And now that you’re home, you’ll be there when the guy does finally show.

2 hours ago, blondheim said:

Former postal worker here — There are so many packages going out in the month of December that it’s not at all uncommon for carriers to split routes or take the packages off of someone else’s route in order to help them get done faster. Hopefully that’s all that’s going on.

I had an exception message from my USPS Tracking info and a few hours later it indicated that it was slowly moving ...??

Anyways its back in Transit. 

Whew!!

So, is there a way to get a digital copy of this?  I ordered it from lalaland, and it just shipped. I'm very excited. But I realized I literally have no cd player anymore. Lol. My PC doesn't have one anymore, and I have no stereo. My only cd player is in my car. How the hell am I going to listen to this thing?

No, La-La Land is not granted a license to release it digitally, and Sony Pictures can't release it themselves either because Sony Music has phonographic rights.

If you have a DVD/Blu Ray player, you can listen on that in addition to your car. Also, you can purchase a USB or USB-C DVD/BD drive for your PC and use that to rip it (and future music CD purchases) into files.

8 minutes ago, blondheim said:

Still not here. Tracking information still says the same thing out for delivery, expected by 9pm. Idk what to do now except bite my nails until I wake up tomorrow and then stress wait some more? Ugh. This is the worst.

I've had this happen before. It'll arrive tomorrow. It's on the truck and hasn't been scanned at your house, so unless someone carjacks the mail truck overnight, you'll get it tomorrow.

56 minutes ago, cptgame446 said:

So, is there a way to get a digital copy of this?  I ordered it from lalaland, and it just shipped. I'm very excited. But I realized I literally have no cd player anymore. Lol. My PC doesn't have one anymore, and I have no stereo. My only cd player is in my car. How the hell am I going to listen to this thing?

You can always do what I did and buy an external disc drive, idk how much ripping you do but I do it often and this comes in handy. Plus I see a 5% coupon so you can put this on your Christmas list maybe: Yaeonku External Blu Ray CD DVD Drive, USB 3.0 Type-C 3D Bluray CD DVD Reader Slim Optical Bluray DVD Drive for MacBook Laptop Desktop PC Laptop Compatible with MACOS Windows xp/7/8/10 https://a.co/d/boKtWWS

1 hour ago, blondheim said:

Still not here. Tracking information still says the same thing out for delivery, expected by 9pm. Idk what to do now except bite my nails until I wake up tomorrow and then stress wait some more? Ugh. This is the worst.

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  The package did get to me today.  I know it is frustrating.

14 hours ago, rough cut said:

Yes, exactly.

Well i meant that solo will arrive to music box around the same time their first hook batch arrives. So Solo being out of stock now (with units already on the way) will not slow your hook delivery….

5 hours ago, Holko said:

So why can't Sony Music release it, or grant Sony Pictures the rights, or grant LLL the license

For once I'm in full agreement with our professional nitpicker. Obviously we want LLL to carry the physical product (and there will always be more than enough fans who want the CD, regardless of digital availability) but to not put this sort of thing on digital/streaming services is really not taking advantage of current technology.

Same sort of argument for Jurassic, Potter, etc. It also means that if (shock horror) one didn't want an entire set, but just a few tracks, they could buy them.

32 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

For once I'm in full agreement with our professional nitpicker. Obviously we want LLL to carry the physical product (and there will always be more than enough fans who want the CD, regardless of digital availability) but to not put this sort of thing on digital/streaming services is really not taking advantage of current technology.

Same sort of argument for Jurassic, Potter, etc. It also means that if (shock horror) one didn't want an entire set, but just a few tracks, they could buy them.

Hear hear. My friends don't understand it whenever I have to send them files and tell them they can't get Mike's presentations on Spotify. All these studios should just, once and for all, GET THEIR PAPERWORK IN ORDER AND WAKE UP TO REALITY.

9 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Hear hear. My friends don't understand it whenever I have to send them files and tell them they can't get Mike's presentations on Spotify. All these studios should just, once and for all, GET THEIR PAPERWORK IN ORDER AND WAKE UP TO REALITY.

Though maybe we're better off. Looking at Tidal, these goddamn morons can't even tell which JW is which.

This morning I wake up and all the electricity is out in my room. Idk if I’ve blown a fuse or a breaker or something but I have to wait until my landlord gets up for him to fix it.

It’s just one thing after another.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

3rd party titles hardly ever get expanded digital releases. Exceptions being things like BTTF 1 and 2 for example.

4 minutes ago, rough cut said:

I get the frustration about expanded JW not being able to stream... On the other hand, if it were, maybe "the higher ups" would decide there'd be no need for a physical product.

Pick your poison. 

Which would be more important: all JW expansions available to stream and purchase by anyone, forever. Or a physical set available for a couple of years and then OOP.

Surely at least some physical collectors (not the FSM 'no CD = no sale' brigade; they're beyond help) would forego their collection in return for wider availability.

So now on the tracking it has a section saying Return to Sender Processed?! It doesn’t make sense. the tracking says it’s going to be delivered today but it looks like it is going backwards away from me through the previous steps.