The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Hmm, you don't come across many people who like Barry's Bond scores who do not also like at least Arnold's Tomorrow Never Dies too

That’s what they told me in school!

I find the 90s techno sound of a lot of Arnold’s Bond action music abrasive.  They aren’t beyond redemption for me, but they make it less special overall.

I ordered both from Intrada so I am safe.

I started to watch all Bond movies about two months ago and I really enjoyed the scores for the most part and I am glad La La Land are releasing them and looking forward to hearing this and hopefully more Bond scores are on is way (especially Barry's).

I’d seen about half the films before and just marathoned the other half in December in honor of the new LLL albums. All of the Moore and Dalton films were new to me. Can’t say I loved everything about the Moore era, but I will buy any and every Barry Bond album LLL can put out, as well as For Your Eyes Only.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

That’s what they told me in school!

I find the 90s techno sound of a lot of Arnold’s Bond action music abrasive.  They aren’t beyond redemption for me, but they make it less special overall.

There is almost zero Techno in Arnold's scores, or what I understand Techno to be

On a more lighthearted note, (I understand their is nuance in this and stuff), I guess the romance is over:

On 19/10/2022 at 12:19 PM, mstrox said:

Loved the 90s techno vibe of the score for the new planet.  Yes!  Yes!!!

13 minutes ago, Presto said:

On a more lighthearted note, (I understand their is nuance in this and stuff), I guess the romance is over:

Good grief! Presto is watching!

I’m just hoping they don’t dig far enough to find some incriminating post from 20 years ago where I say I enjoy Arnold’s Bond action music!

I’m finicky!  I didn’t care for Bowie’s dabbling in that realm on Earthling, but I did like what he did with drum and bass stuff on Blackstar.  As for artists who market in that trade exclusively, I wouldn’t know because I avoid them like the plague!

I know I'm supposed to be very excited about these releases, but I'm not. Sorry. More for you, Bondits. 

LA-LA LAND ALERT!!!

JAMES BOND SHIPPING UPDATE

As previously posted, LIVE AND LET DIE will start shipping on Jan 16.

However, OCTOPUSSY is experiencing an unexpected manufacturer delay and will begin shipping out on Jan 30. Any orders containing OCTOPUSSY will begin shipping on Jan 30, unless we get them earlier than that, in which case they'll start shipping as soon as they arrive. We apologize for the additional wait.

DIE ANOTHER DAY will start shipping on Jan 30.

SCARFACE VINYL 2XLP SHIPPING UPDATE

For anyone that has pre-ordered our SCARFACE 2XLP, note that title will now start shipping in FEBRUARY.

No issue with a slight delay on Octopussy.

I actually made two separate orders for LALD and OCT, so I'll get my copy of LALD earlier than some.

I was weighing up whether I wanted OCT for a short while after I ordered LALD.

I then realized there's probably a lot of great music and pulled the trigger on a separate order.

At this point, any LLLR Bond expansions of this sort are immediate buys. Especially after revisiting the small amount of classic Bond music I have (50 tracks best of, the LLLR David Arnold releases and Goldfinger, in addition to the OST and some title theme singles for the Daniel Craig films).

I'm a little late to the Bond score complete releases train.

If anything, LALD is the one you should have debated not getting, since we had a mostly complete version of that score already.

I don't know about this situation, but the LLL guys are The Best. I just received a package from them yesterday that blew my mind. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has received any replies to email queries since the new year. Over the last few weeks I sent three emails asking a specific query about an order (not related to the Bond issue above) and haven't received a reply. This is in contrast to the previous time I emailed them when I received a reply within days.

Don't want to seem like I'm complaining and I'm sure they are very busy but I would like a reply. If other people have received responses, it makes me consider the possibility that my emails are going into their spam folder for some reason.

4 hours ago, Damien F said:

Just wondering if anyone has received any replies to email queries since the new year. Over the last few weeks I sent three emails asking a specific query about an order (not related to the Bond issue above) and haven't received a reply. This is in contrast to the previous time I emailed them when I received a reply within days.

Don't want to seem like I'm complaining and I'm sure they are very busy but I would like a reply. If other people have received responses, it makes me consider the possibility that my emails are going into their spam folder for some reason.

Have you tried reaching out to their Facebook page too? I had an issue where some of my emails go through, and others don't. It happens with my Comcast email but not my Gmail. Usually if I have an issue with LLL (which hasn't happened much at all to be honest) I'll send them and email AND Facebook message just to be safe. Then wherever they respond back, I'll address it through that medium.

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Are we expecting a flyer today?

I was gonna ask the same thing. Did they not do a January release because of the surprise December drops?

Tbh I have little clue what they've released so far or what music there is to release from the Trek world. It's like a black box.

I only assume that MV and/or Matt and a significant portion of their customers are absolute ST nuts. If it provides them with a good revenue source to invest in some other good stuff, so be it. If there were other releases that were ready, they'd put them out.

Not gonna fault LLL for what they know sells, certainly.

My hope (assumption, shall we say) is that as little as possible is coming at the cost of other genuinely new releases, in the same way that I'd assume that spending resources working on Williams' less important scores aren't coming at the cost of something that needs expanding more, i.e. they just have lots of stuff in the pipeline and it comes out when external factors allow.

4 minutes ago, Badzeee said:

I couldn't afford that LLL Trek 15-CD box set when it came out so I, for one, am really glad they're making all that material available again on these "1701" CD releases.

Seems to be every other month that they're coming out, which makes 'em a far more plausible buy for me. 

How are they? I haven't heard reports from anyone who's actually bought any of them.

1 minute ago, Tallguy said:

How are they? I haven't heard reports from anyone who's actually bought any of them.

TBH I've just undergone a huge move, so I haven't actually listened to them yet. Haven't even opened them - they're still wrapped in cellophane - although I know exactly which box they're in. [Stares hard at said box.] When I've got a spare day, or weekend, I'll probably get the first three volumes out and listen all at once. 

Can you recommend an alternative site I can order Lalaland CDs from?
I've been trying to place an order for over a month without success.

Since Paypal is blocked in my country, ordering through ther site's Paypal checkout is impossible. I mailed twice without answer and called them several times but only get a fax signal. 

MV has personally taken my orders by phone in the past, but I've had a very hard time getting in contact with them.

Any help would be appreciated.