Harry Potter 7CD Collection - MUSIC discussion

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The whole thing is still surreal to me, that I would even be asked to work on something so large and important!  The whole thing came together extremely quickly (especially for 7 discs / 8 hours of mu

This set is the best album I have ever bought. It’s still unreal to me that all of my favourite music from my childhood is newly remastered and released. I’ve been looking forward to discussing every

Williams wrote that music for the deleted Sir Cadogan scene.  The cue was then tracked into two different spots in the final cut, one of which was artificially slowed down.   The little 10 s

Maybe much of the confusion is linked to Williams initially scoring a wrong cut of the film? Since it only became apparent during the actual recording of the score, I'm sure Williams and everybody else had to work like lightning figuring out what to do, perhaps resulting in some weird titles for the rewrites? 

Unfortunately I can't find the original link about it, but I know I've posted it before.

On 4/4/2021 at 4:09 PM, bollemanneke said:

Completely pointless post. I finished watching HP2 and just wanted to repeat how awesome these scores are. Now, more than ever, I'm wondering what a POA score for Columbus would have sounded like. It's so sad all the thematic development stops here.

It would have been a bit more original than CoS due to the free schedule but still be far less than the Cuaron score.

There would've probably been concert arrangement style themes for Sirius Black and the Dementors (who would've looked more like the standard "flying ringwraiths" design of the books)

39 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Isn't Sirius' theme more of a motif? I struggle a bit to see a full concert piece coming out of that.

I think he is saying that there would be a totally different theme if it was a Columbus film, that would get a concert arrangement.