Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

While we are talking about high resolution masters, I wonder why Disney Records didn't release the Indy 5 OST in HiRes?

Seems like they haven't made available high resolution masters for a while for any of their albums, but I have no idea why :mellow:

1 hour ago, JTW said:

Kathy, if you, PRESIDENT of Lucasfilm really adore John and his music as

much as you proclaim, then why isn’t the score to DIAL OF DESTINY, you know, the film you’re oh so proud of, available on CD everywhere?

18 hours ago, Brónach said:

If you bury it for a thousand years, it becomes priceless.

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

While we are talking about high resolution masters, I wonder why Disney Records didn't release the Indy 5 OST in HiRes?

Seems like they haven't made available high resolution masters for a while for any of their albums, but I have no idea why :mellow:

A lot of the recent Star Wars OST albums were only available for sale in 16-44.1 but then were posted as 24-48 wavs to the FYC site. I haven't checked whether those 24-48 files are real or upscaled

3 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

A lot of the recent Star Wars OST albums were only available for sale in 16-44.1 but then were posted as 24-48 wavs to the FYC site. I haven't checked whether those 24-48 files are real or upscaled

Are you talking about the tv shows scores?

Edit: just seen the links in the FYC thread, gonna check it

2 hours ago, JWisgreatestlivingcomposer said:

A while back, some people here said they wrote to James Mangold about the CDs selling out so fast.

Has anyone received a reply from him?

(He replied to those bogus rumors regarding the film itself...)

I don't have Twitter (or whatever they're calling it this week), but I asked two friends who do to tweet to Mr. Mangold. They haven't mentioned any replies form him yet, sadly.

I'm also trying a couple of other methods.

11 minutes ago, jamesluckard said:

I don't have Twitter (or whatever they're calling it this week), but I asked two friends who do to tweet to Mr. Mangold. They haven't mentioned any replies form him yet, sadly.

I'm also trying a couple of other methods.

I don't have Twitter either.

Thank you!

I hope he does reply. I think he truly cares about this film and everything related to it. (John Williams cares too, but it may be hard to reach him.)

55 minutes ago, Bespin said:

But I'm considering writing to John Williams directly – a genuine letter with an envelope, a stamp, and a hint of my perfume, Kouros by Yves St-Laurent.

Subject: Urgent Request for More Copies of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Soundtrack

Dear Mr. John Williams,

Greetings from a devoted fan, Bespin! I hope this letter finds you in the best of spirits and health. First and foremost, let me express my heartfelt gratitude for your incredible contributions to the world of music and cinema. Your compositions have filled my life with unforgettable moments, and I am constantly in awe of your extraordinary talent.

Now, if I may, I must bring a matter of utmost importance to your attention. As a fellow enthusiast of your work, I was beyond thrilled when the soundtrack album for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny was released. Your ability to infuse each note with unparalleled emotion and excitement left me spellbound throughout the entire film. The soundtrack truly elevated the cinematic experience, and for that, I can't thank you enough.

However, my excitement quickly turned into dismay when I discovered that the soundtrack album was a strongly limited release and sold out before many fans could get their hands on it. I, too, was unable to obtain a copy, and I know countless others who share my disappointment.

Mr. Williams, you have an army of fans worldwide, eagerly yearning to experience the magic of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny through your music once more. Thus, I humbly request your assistance in reaching out to Disney Records to produce more copies of this exceptional soundtrack. Your influence and esteemed reputation would undoubtedly carry considerable weight in ensuring that this cherished piece of musical brilliance becomes more widely accessible.

On a personal note, I must confess that I have compiled a comprehensive discography of your remarkable body of work. Your ability to craft melodies that resonate deep within our hearts, whether it's the iconic theme of Indiana Jones or the enchanting tunes of Star Wars, is nothing short of awe-inspiring. Your compositions have the power to transport listeners to other worlds, and I can only dream of one day witnessing your genius in action.

In closing, I wish to reiterate my deepest admiration for your musical prowess and the profound impact your creations have had on my life and the lives of millions around the globe. Your talent is a gift to humanity, and I sincerely hope that you will consider my request to make the Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny soundtrack more widely available.

Thank you for your time, Mr. Williams. Your artistry continues to inspire and captivate us all. May the melodies you compose forever echo in the hearts of generations to come.

With unwavering admiration,

Bespin (Your Dedicated Fan)

Sometimes that thing is really quite convincing.

36 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Sometimes that thing is really quite convincing.

The Story of a Voice: HAL in '2001' Wasn't Always So Eerily Calm - The New  York Times

You learn fast Marian. Who's your daddy?

22 hours ago, Nemesis said:

:drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

I hope it arrives safe without broken jewel case!

image.jpeg

How many days was it in “parcel data received, shipment i route to us export warehouse before it gave an estimate delivery status? Mine has been like that since 19th.

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

How many days was it in “parcel data received, shipment i route to us export warehouse before it gave an estimate delivery status? Mine has been like that since 19th.

5 days.

Interesting...  The Dial of Destiny LP set was originally advertised as shipping on Aug. 9th, then amended to Aug. 23rd.  It's now expected to ship only on Sept. 13th.

You start to wonder if the folk at DME know what they're doing, if they're struggling with poor production/supply partners, or if they really just don't care enough to make much effort...

If I'd had pre-ordered the LP I'd be starting to get a tad annoyed!

6 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I just got an email notification my order has been delayed until mid-September. 🤣

Karol

Also received such an email (09:11, CEST) and it says:

"The release date for the Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny vinyl has changed to 9/15/23. As such, orders containing this item will now begin shipping on or about 9/13/23."

:blink:

33 minutes ago, ajc384 said:

:o:o:o

I was just able to order the CD from the DME site but I'm sorry to say it's showing as unavailable again!

It was very strange: after seeing BB-8's post above I went back to their site - the Dial of Destiny LP product page - and under the "you might also like" blurb it showed the CD!  I clicked the link, saw the "Add to Cart" button showing, popped it in my cart, checked out and have received a confirmation mail!  I tried to order two copies in the hope I could help out another CD-less JWfan but got an error telling me there wasn't enough stock to fulfil that quantity.

So, it's either an error and I'll get a mail telling me that the order can't be fulfilled (knowing my luck...); or I got incredibly lucky and just happened to be on their site when their inventory system reported a single copy in stock.  I wonder if an annoyed customer who had pre-ordered both the CD and LP received the news about the LP's delay and cancelled their order?  In which case, others might follow so keep checking the site, people!

Proof I'm not going nuts (I've taken the liberty of masking my e-mail address):

image.jpeg

That was probably my copy that was returned to them by the shipping company. 😑

1 hour ago, ajc384 said:

:o:o:o

I was just able to order the CD from the DME site but I'm sorry to say it's showing as unavailable again!

It was very strange: after seeing BB-8's post above I went back to their site - the Dial of Destiny LP product page - and under the "you might also like" blurb it showed the CD!  I clicked the link, saw the "Add to Cart" button showing, popped it in my cart, checked out and have received a confirmation mail!  I tried to order two copies in the hope I could help out another CD-less JWfan but got an error telling me there wasn't enough stock to fulfil that quantity.

So, it's either an error and I'll get a mail telling me that the order can't be fulfilled (knowing my luck...); or I got lucky and just happened to be on their site when their inventory system reported a single copy in stock.  I wonder if an annoyed customer who had pre-ordered both the CD and LP received the news about the LP's delay and cancelled their order?  In which case, others might follow so keep checking the site, people!

Proof I'm not going nuts (I've taken the liberty of masking my e-mail address):

image.jpeg

Seems like you were very lucky if you were able to check out completely. I also noticed that the CD was showing again, almost rang the alarm bell, had one in my basket, but then the out-of-stock message appeared again.

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I agree with me as well.

That’s the best kind of agreeing.

48 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

because no one would agree on how to put together the first release.

It’s called democracy. I know some people only like it if things go their way, but others like to discuss and vote before deciding a matter. 

On 19/07/2023 at 11:33 PM, Jay said:

Nice! That was like a 1 hour window!

I was at hospital getting my wife's leg physiotherapy done and saw the post here at JWFAN and quickly ordered- deciding to give it  shot just in case. I was lucky because I got an instant confirmation. I wish I had ordered two.

16 minutes ago, Amer said:

I was at hospital getting my wife's leg physiotherapy done and saw the post here at JWFAN and quickly ordered- deciding to give it  shot just in case. I was lucky because I got an instant confirmation. I wish I had ordered two.

Was that today or on July 19?

43 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Indeed - I was more poking fun at the evidence that the good citizens of JWFan pretty much never agree on anything to do with album production. Hence if you put us lot in charge of putting together an album, half the forum would secretly hate it anyway.

True, but perhaps that’s what would make the best possible releases. 
If Jay approves, it can’t be bad, right? 

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

Oma Tres Records

We have a winner.