Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

Imperium?

That's also a spell in Harry Potter; it's an unforgivable curse.

With this power, you could take control of the president of Disney and compel him to produce a new batch of DoD CDs... :lol:

Is_It_Possible_to_Learn_This_Power.jpg

Someone actually paid $5,000 USD, plus tax. Wow. I don't care if one is a millionaire, that's just nuts. Or did they just have more money than they can spend in a lifetime and just spent F-U money?

Did they feel silly now when there's one for $400 bid, $700 BiN? They'll doubtlessly come down some as more people get them and throw them up for sale.

I did write Disney Music Emporium and they said it's sold out and no plans for re-stocking. What a horrible marketing plan... it's an amazing thing that a company so big and powerful can make such mind-numbingly bone-headed decisions like this (and, many things they've been doing for years now). 

5 minutes ago, JTW said:

Maybe he borrowed some money from 

Hide contents

Hans.

Unlikely, Hans just handed the BBC 10.5 million quid for the Maida Vale Studios so his piggy bank might be a bit light this month...  :P

I recognized, since CDs are getting less and less available I tend to buy soundtrack CDs without really being sure, if I really really like the score or even without knowing it, because I might like it later and then it might not be available on CD anymore. Stupid me.

Anybody else stupid?

6 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I recognized, since CDs are getting less and less available I tend to buy soundtrack CDs without really being sure, if I really really like the score or even without knowing it, because I might like it later and then it might not be available on CD anymore. Stupid me.

Anybody else stupid?

I've done that as well, but by the time I list them on Discogs they're often OOP and I recoup my expenses.

11 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Are you referring to the urban legend that soundtrack fans don't get laid?

surely if your girlfriend tells you to play something else you can come back to your weird music later

i've been lucky and unlucky on this regard

54 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Anybody else stupid?

I did this just once with a score this year. I had the first Enola Holmes on CD (it was cheaper than a download) and when the second came out and was also available on CD, I decided to complete the set, so I did a enough of a skim to check I didn't exactly hate the score, and bought it.

Had both been digital, I wouldn't even have entertained the notion of wanting either on CD.

The price gouging on Ebay for this score is compeletely predictable and sadly it's indicative of how desperate some people get when they suddenly realise they only have one option if their CD collection is going to be complete.

7 hours ago, Brónach said:

with five thousand dollars, you could buy a lot of classics, a cool posh music system, a large bed, and grow a ton of mushrooms to consume as you listen to them in your stupidly large bed

You could also fly to Japan and hang around the box office hoping for a wonder to happen. That would be better invested than waiting for the postman to jam an utterly overpriced CD (containing an incomplete score) into your letterbox.

Meanwhile, my copy seems to have arrived to Spain…

The Little Mermaid told me that i have to pay taxes here because the shipping option i chose didnt had prepaid customs like the previous order i mentioned to them. 

i checked and indeed the name in the order form is different… but anyway, now the only other option was just faster (at 69$ no less) and no mention of prepaid customs either. So they may have changed shipping policies and their great webpage does not say anything…

lets see if i can retrieve at least the “tax” paid in the USA

Although it’s fun finding hidden signs that Disney = evil empire (“it was right there in front of our eyes:P), emporium stems from latin and had an original meaning of business district or market.

A famous current example is the Italian brand Emporio Armani, which would translate into “Department store of Armani”.

IMG_0428.jpeg

2 hours ago, rough cut said:

emporium stems from latin and had an original meaning of business district or market.

I will tend to disagree here.

It is εμπόριο in Greek and it stems from ancient Greek (εμπόριον < εν + πορεία).

It means commerce (trade).