Something Big coming Hint by Mike Matessino

Amer

8 hours ago, Tydirium said:

If it’s Hook, it’s so ironic that this would happen right now of all times. I literally just a few days ago spent $150 on a sealed copy of the 2012 expansion, set to arrive Thursday. :mellow: (I finally hopped back on the CD bandwagon after years of going digital, hence my lateness in getting this.) If so, I’ll just keep this sealed and sell it (albeit I’m sure for less than what I paid). Still, part of me really hopes it is Hook, as part of my reluctance in picking up the 2012 version was the issues I’m well aware of. It’s one of my favorite scores, and it would be so nice to have a definitive release that fixes all the problems and includes all the missing music.

Why would you buy that one?

3 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I don't think his comments make sense for any sort of score release. Just something significant of 'its type' - some series or collection being restored and released for the first time perhaps.

Somebody should go back and find the exact wordings he used for his big non-JW project in Maurizio's podcasts!

33 minutes ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

This release is 100% Finding Nemo, it’s not by JW!

And if you dig deeper, think about it. What is most associated with fish? FISHING! FISHING, HOOKS, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I think it's the Randy Edelman score to the 1997 comedy Gone Fishin' with Joe Pesci and Danny Glover. It's an even bigger holy grail than the Star Wars prequels!!

"It seems a small crisis is brewing over at MM's place.

I want books! I want films! I want TV! I want radio! I want magazines! I want us online 24 hours a day! This is our moment, and at least 20 JWfaners will watch it, hear about it, and read about it, on the JWfan General Discussion page.

There's no news like JWfan news".

55 minutes ago, mstrox said:

“Projects of this type” leads me to believe it isn’t even a CD, folks!  Interested to hear what it is - but I am glad that he tempered my specific expectations!

It's the HP piano anthology.

10 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

"It seems a small crisis is brewing over at MM's place.

I want books! I want films! I want TV! I want radio! I want magazines! I want us online 24 hours a day! This is our moment, and at least 20 JWfaners will watch it, hear about it, and read about it, on the JWfan General Discussion page.

There's no news like JWfan news".

Delicious!

I wonder if it's a documentary about something film-related?

IIRC Mike used to direct video content/special features for catalog releases. The Alien Legacy doco springs to mind.

Those descriptions would probably match the once-rumoured CD set of McCreary's full Rings of Power episode scores, but I don't think that's it. (But whatever became of that? Just a rumour? A cancelled project? Still pending?)

Nah, a RoP box wouldn't come anywhere near the level of importance MM implies. I reckon Bear's comment at the time was a strangely worded reference to Mondo's release - I personally don't get a sense now that a box of the episodes was ever on the table.

That Doug got into the cryptic tweeting action lends potential credence to something Tolkien going on though.

16 minutes ago, Alan said:

PLUS! Didn't Mike say he was excited about what a huge upcoming release could mean for other projects a little while back? Like a huge franchise spanning boxset? Oh the possibilities 😉

I think that already came out – the Munsters release from LLL.

2 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Those descriptions would probably match the once-rumoured CD set of McCreary's full Rings of Power episode scores, but I don't think that's it. (But whatever became of that? Just a rumour? A cancelled project? Still pending?)

True but I have the feeling Doug wouldn't be teasing a Rings of Power release based on his previous comments about it 😂

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

Nah, a RoP box wouldn't come anywhere near the level of importance MM implies.

A box set release of 8 full-length "TV" scores would certainly be "big" and something that hasn't happened before, so I think it would qualify. But I also think MM wouldn't be involved.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

I reckon Bear's comment at the time was a strangely worded reference to Mondo's release - I personally don't get a sense now that a box of the episodes was ever on the table.

Wasn't the Mondo already out at the time, and McCreary's comments specifically referred to an upcoming release? But I also don't think it likely that this is (still) happening.

5 minutes ago, Doug Adams said:
8 hours ago, Presto said:

It means we bought his trick hook line and sinker ;)

;)

dd863ee4-aeb2-4797-8501-f3182dc8337d_tex

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Hmmmmm.

45 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Really? That's it?

$109. Hmm. I'd buy this if I wasn't spending my hard-earned on food, gas for the car, clothes, bills, etc. You know; all the trivial stuff ;)

You can buy it digitally for $40!  That means you only need to cut out food and gas!

The pessimistic/realistic JW fan in me says that, if Mike spent so much time on such a complex project like TSoM, then he probably didn't had time nor energy to work on a JW project for the Black Friday, not even a "smaller" one like Catch me If You Can or Nixon.

I have a bad feeling that we only will get new MM John Williams expansions next year :(