Disney Re-Issuing Indiana Jones Trilogy/Saga on November 3, 2023

Amer

Just saw this update on my Japan retailer's Arksquare email flyer:

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK- Reissue of the acclaimed Grammy R) Award winning soundtrack album by John Williams!

INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM-Reissue

INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE-Reissue

That's all I have. No idea why isn't CRYSTAL SKULL not part of the announcement. Don't even know if they are going to carry the  Concorde Expansions or just the OST issue. But I think this is just the reissue of the OST programe.

UPDATE:  INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL ( also coming) according to Tower Records, Japan

https://tower.jp/search/item/john+williams?recondition=True&genre=1&subgenre=8&sort=New

All are single cd releases.

6 minutes ago, Amer said:

At least they should do the expanded sets...

If the Demasters taught us anything, they'll reset back to the OSTs ... then do nothing with the rest of the music, even after half a decade.

None of this is surprising at all, the CD format is starting to see a resurgenace similar to what vinyl went through, many different labels are starting to reissue popular albums on the format.

The only question left is if these are literally just the old album masters pressed to disc again with no changes, the old album masters with EQ/volume tweaks, or rebuilds from original 1st gen elements (HA!  I crack myself up)

Arksquare sells CDs released in Japan, which I suppose is why they are charging $27.50 each for these.

https://arksquare.net/detail.php?cdno=1000138105

https://arksquare.net/detail.php?cdno=1000138111

https://arksquare.net/detail.php?cdno=1000138112

https://arksquare.net/detail.php?cdno=1000138120

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

The Star Wars Demasters on casette look different to how I remember them!

(NSFW)

Spoiler

image.png

Good to see Mondo branching out with their artwork though.

image.png

Last Crusade is listed twice. Maybe an error and will get replaced by KotCS. In that case could it be that Disney took inspiration from LLL's Star Trek TOS re-release and plans to give us the ultimate Indiana Jones Ost Collection:

Spoiler

THE INDIANA JONES 1400 COLLECTION

This could very well just be Disney Records' Japan branch seeing an opportunity to make money and releasing these only in Japan for that reason.  The main USA Disney Records branch could have zero clue this is even happening there.

59 minutes ago, Jay said:

Who else on JWFan has all 3 of the original OST albums on the CD format already?

I'd share a pic of mine if I was at home

I have the original OSTs for TEMPLE OF DOOM (acquired from Japan, with Japanese writings) and THE LAST CRUSADE on CD. They're all I ever need for those.

For RAIDERS, I got the DCC release first, for some reason (via mail order), and only discovered the original Polydor later, as a friend of mine acquired it. If I were true to form, I should sell my expanded DCC and acquire the Polydor, but in this particular case, I prefer the DCC expansion, believe it not. So it stays. Never got the Polydor OST as a result.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Who else on JWFan has all 3 of the original OST albums on the CD format already?

:beerchug:

That's what I have, the Polydor USA Raiders OST, Japanese Doom OST, and WB Records USA Last Crusade OST

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's what I have, the Polydor USA Raiders OST, Japanese Doom OST, and WB Records USA Last Crusade OST

Me too, except I have the Raiders DCC Edition that I got in Frankfurt am Main in the 90s.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I know it does.

I know you know. :)

It's obvious that a soundtrack collector such as you should have the edition of Raiders that has the long(er) version of "Desert Chase". If for nothing else, someone like you would get the DCC edition for that one track. 

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'd share a pic of mine if I was at home

I had the OSTs of Raiders and Temple of Doom on LP. The only Indy OST of that trilogy, that I had on CD was Last Crusade. The only one I kept after the CD expansions was Temple of Doom.

This could be a warm up to test the market. 

Not including CRYSTAL SKULL makes me wonder?

Maybe they want to do an expansion of that produced by Shawn Murphy...

Anything Goes!