The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/04/2023 at 9:13 PM, Jay said:

a major John Barry score high on many people’s “top favorites” list

I wonder what this could be.

Part of me hopes it is The Cotton Club, as that one seems possible (despite the Warner Bros. connection) after Silva Screen was able to release another American Zoetrope title, namely Hammett.

Then again, not sure this would qualify as a "major" John Barry score.

4 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

I wonder what this could be.

Part of me hopes it is The Cotton Club, as that one seems possible (despite the Warner Bros. connection) after Silva Screen was able to release another American Zoetrope title, namely Hammett.

Then again, not sure this would qualify as a "major" John Barry score.

Some Bond maybe?

1 minute ago, Dr. Rick said:

I thought they said earlier this year they were working on a couple Williams releases?

Maybe it's a twofer ;)

On 13/12/2023 at 6:38 PM, Yavar Moradi said:

Lost Treasure is the best of those, with an absolutely incredible orchestral theme for her journey/adventure. (The original score is also a must IMO.)

Yavar

I think Fairy Rescue is the best, but then it was the first one I heard. Those five notes...

44 minutes ago, Presto said:

Maybe it's a twofer ;)

40 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Maybe it's a ninefer. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll cream my jeans when I read what it is.

Meanwhile, I've got badder fish to fry. (adjusts bow-tie, and exits... stage left)

15 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I see three Horners!

Yavar

Hit the one in the middle!

Spoiler

Rocky IV reference. ;-)

So after a year of 8 James Horner premieres/expansions, we already know about 3 more in the works at Intrada.  Wow!

2024 will also be the year Intrada releases the 500th title in their "Special Collection" line (MacArthur was #499, though 489, 492, 494, and 498 aren't out yet)

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

So after a year of 8 James Horner premieres/expansions, we already know about 3 more in the works at Intrada.  Wow!

One of them should be Deep Impact. Or The Perfect Storm.

Actually, any expansion for Horner's 1995 to 2005 scores would make me happy, but DI and TPS (which unfortunately it's a movie from the most poorly ran studio in the history of Hollywood) are my priorities.

5 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

There…are…FOUR…Horners!

Buy The More the Merrier - Microsoft Store

After my initial excitement of seeing Zimmer's name around this time last year, it's now clear that if Gladiator's coming at some point in the near future it's going to be from LLL. There were some rather salt-pinching rumours on the old Intrada forum about it being long in gestation with them along with The Thin Red Line. Perhaps there's a lot of legal stuff around Gerrard/Badelt's contributions (Gerrard wouldn't make it too expensive for a speciality label would it?)

I remain most excited about whatever the JNH is (if not an older score) and I join others in guessing The Patriot given it's Disney.

Apart from a proper (complete) Honey I Shrunk I'm not really a Horner person nowadays. Deep Impact has a perfect album IMO.

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West would be great. Or a further expansion of Something Wicked This Way Comes. Or even a reissue of The Journey of Natty Gann or Wolfen would be fantastic. I would love to have The Name of the Rose as well.

Karol

The Name of the Rose could be a very good contender since the movie is getting a 4K release supervised by Annaud next year

I second Fievel Goes West the first score is one I like to revisit frequently

Since Intrada did Humanoids from the Deep and Battle Beyond the Stars the next score in line is The Hand if I remember properly which would be a great premiere

No Perfect Storm.

No Harry Potter 4-8 (nor Fantastic Beasts).

No The Postman.

No JFK.

No The Witches of Eastwick.

No Batman Forever nor any of the movies Goldenthal did for them in the 90s.

And no new revisited editions of Shore's LOTR and The Hobbit, though I wonder the probability of those happening even if WB was still open to the labels.

Either way, fuck this shit studio and I hope Zaslav sells them to someone who actually knows how to run a studio with such amazing intellectual property like them (probabilty of existing such person in current day Hollywood: 0.01%).

15 hours ago, Edmilson said:

No Perfect Storm.

No Harry Potter 4-8 (nor Fantastic Beasts).

No The Postman.

No JFK.

No The Witches of Eastwick.

No Batman Forever nor any of the movies Goldenthal did for them in the 90s.

And no new revisited editions of Shore's LOTR and The Hobbit, though I wonder the probability of those happening even if WB was still open to the labels.

Either way, fuck this shit studio and I hope Zaslav sells them to someone who actually knows how to run a studio with such amazing intellectual property like them (probabilty of existing such person in current day Hollywood: 0.01%).

TBH, almost all of the scores I mentioned here have bootlegs floating around the internet (Perfect Storm, The Postman, TWoE, Goldenthal's scores, HP 7.1 and 7.2) so that'll make the (very long) wait for definitive editions a little easier.

Except JFK. JFK never leaked nor anything. And now we may never listen to the complete score because people managing Warner Bros are a bunch of cunts.

Come on Oliver, couldn't you have done your movie at Universal? BOT4J was so successful, they'd be thrilled to collaborate with you again... :(

As for Horner, my top pick would probably be The Perfect Storm (though as others have said, due to Warner that’s not likely to happen), but some others I’d love to see would be An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, Mighty Joe Young, Deep Impact, Bicentennial Man, or We’re Back! A Dinosaur’s Story. Also, I recently saw the film and don’t remember much music that’s not on the OST album, but Once Upon a Forest is a lovely (in my view, underrated) score that I would love to get a definitive release for, from a specialty label.

EDIT: Actually, aside from The Perfect Storm, my #1 top pick would probably be Avatar… But again, not likely to happen, in this case due to the AFM reuse fee crap. However, maybe that will change at some point and it will still happen, due to the franchise’s comeback and the popularity of the second film?

1 hour ago, Tydirium said:

Is The Patriot actually that likely for 2024, or does anyone think they might just hold off until 2025 for the 25th anniversary?

By the way, listened recently to The Patriot and thought, this is somehow Williams' most "Horner-esk" score. Isn't it?

49 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Munich is Williams at his most Zimmer.

On the other hand, you could hardly find a Zimmer score at his most Williams.

Maybe Wonder Woman 1984?... 

31 minutes ago, JTW said:

On the other hand, you could hardly find a Zimmer score at his most Williams.

Maybe Wonder Woman 1984?... 

I dunno, throughout his career Zimmer has established himself as the "anti-Williams" (not that it was a conscious thing, I'm sure Zimmer respects and admires Williams). That said, WW84 was such a departure towards a more traditionally orchestral and optimistic (without that Nolan/Snyder/Villeneuve "dark and disturbingness") that yeah, can be considered a step he gave into a more JW-like score.