The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

40 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Marco Beltrami, Marcus Trumpp [I assume it's a collaboration since both usually work together]

Trumpp helpfully lists his co-compose and additional music projects on his website: https://marcustrumpp.com/projects/ and it's most of his projects from the last decade or so, so could be anything really. The only Beltrami I'm interested in are I, Robot and (far, far more unlikely) Free Solo (full presentation).

Yeah I, Robot is the Beltrami I'm the most interrested in although I really liked his Fantastic Four and The Shallows but I don't know if those were recorded outside the US. Anyway I've never heard his The Faculty before Intrada released it and it was a very nice discovery so I'm really open to some other older ones

Unusually (and probably an unshared view) I've never felt that JNH's Disney scores need expanding due to a combination of good initial albums and just the complete scores not adding too much for me.

I'd suggest that the most pressing expansion is The Village due to an uncharacteristically overproduced and unrepresentative album.

22 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

I would only take a Dinosaur expansion, because I'd love to have the cue of when Aladar first meets the whole herd in good quality.

I once added a cue near the start when an egg hatches as I like its atmosphere, but dropped it at some point.

And I still have one cue from Atlantis - 'The Crew's Conscience' which is rather nice. Treasure Planet I actually removed a few tracks from - one of very few scores I think sort of works as a Varese-style 30-40 minuter.

I think in general JNH is one of the best album producers in terms of balancing listenability and recognising highlights.

55 minutes ago, Amer said:

4 James Horner's?

Well..here is my wish list:

1) ENEMY AT THE GATES

2) SNEAKERS

3) THE PERFECT STORM

4) THE MISSING

I don't remember THE MISSING having a lot of music… missing… but I ADORE this score so yes!

My Horner wishlist would be:

1. The Mask of Zorro
  2. Deep Impact
  3. The Perfect Storm
  4. Enemy at the Gates
  5. Brainstorm

Avatar would be good too, if they manage to get into a deal with the AFM for post-2005 scores.

16 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

No BRAINSTORM?

Rubbish! Do it again, boy!

Varese owns the rights to Brainstorm in perpetuity.  Intrada can't do it.

1 hour ago, iamleyeti said:

I don't remember THE MISSING having a lot of music… missing… but I ADORE this score so yes!

About 28 minutes in the film are missing if you count unique film versions of cues that differ from album counterparts:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=110148&forumID=1&archive=0

It’s a favorite of mine too, so sign me up for a 2CD edition Intrada!

Yavar

38 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

About 28 minutes in the film are missing if you count unique film versions of cues that differ from album counterparts:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=110148&forumID=1&archive=0

It’s a favorite of mine too, so sign me up for a 2CD edition Intrada!

Yavar

If you had said "8 minute in the film are missing" I would have been on board!

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

So did two Williams releases turn into one?

My guess is that Roger’s list is what he sees likely happening in the next 12 months or so, whereas Doug’s comment was somewhat looser and looking further ahead.

Yavar

9 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

My guess is that Roger’s list is what he sees likely happening in the next 12 months or so, whereas Doug’s comment was somewhat looser and looking further ahead.

Yavar

Also: plans change

Probably easiest to see it as there's always a Williams being worked on in some development stage, but when they actually come out depends on planetary alignment, solar flares and jet stream placement. i.e. under absolutely no one's control.

How on earth LLL plan and execute in order to have 4/5 big titles ready for BF without some just sitting there for a few months, is astounding.

17 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I'd suggest that the most pressing expansion is The Village due to an uncharacteristically overproduced and unrepresentative album.

It might also be an older one that hasn't been released yet in it's entirety, like My Girl.

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2023 at 4:19 PM, Laserschwert said:

I guess the ship has sailed on more Tinkerbell from Intrada?

The first three sold very poorly, apparently. I wish they’d just do a limited run of like 500 copies or something for the last few scores.

5 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

The first three sold very poorly, apparently. I wish they’d just do a limited run of like 500 copies or something for the last few scores.

I bought them and they're not complete, but very good indeed.

14 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I bought them and they're not complete, but very good indeed.

You must be referring to the digital releases for The Pirate Fairy and Legend of the NeverBeast. Secret of the Wings, the best of the remaining Tinker Bell scores, has not been commercially released in any form. And if McNeely wrote any original music for Pixie Hollow Games (I haven’t seen it but I think he did) then that hasn’t even been leaked unofficially, to my knowledge.

Yavar

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

I really hope Intrada are focusing on the JW scores only they have access to, rather than scores other labels could licence.

Nobody else can touch Nixon or The Patriot, and presumably Valley of the Dolls or Cinderella Liberty.

I assume that The 13th Warrior is also Intrada-only, despite Varese having done the OST. Not a grail in any way, but it would be nice to have. (Partly for a remaster, and there's at least one unleaked film version)

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I assume that The 13th Warrior is also Intrada-only, despite Varese having done the OST. Not a grail in any way, but it would be nice to have. (Partly for a remaster, and there's at least one unleaked film version)

I’d love a 13th Warrior expansion and I’m not even a big Goldsmith fan.

14 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

You must be referring to the digital releases for The Pirate Fairy and Legend of the NeverBeast. Secret of the Wings, the best of the remaining Tinker Bell scores, has not been commercially released in any form. And if McNeely wrote any original music for Pixie Hollow Games (I haven’t seen it but I think he did) then that hasn’t even been leaked unofficially, to my knowledge.

Yavar

14 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

No, the first three Intrada albums are not complete.

9 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Really? I had no idea! Any highlights missing?

Yavar

This was news to me as well, but I just compared the composer promo for The Great Fairy Rescue with the Intrada and it's true, there's about 10 minutes of music not on the Intrada.

The missing cues are:

2m04 Tink's Idea (1:24)

2m07 Vidia Recognizes Button (0:26)

3m01 Stuck in the Mud (0:43)

3m02 Angry Human Machine (0:39)

3m03 Shoelace (0:33)

3m04A Tea Party (1:07)

3m06 Vidia Confesses (1:31)

3m08 That Cat! (3:11)

Those track lengths are a bit misleading as each cue on the promo has several seconds of silence tacked onto the end, but I'd say the highlights here are "Stuck in the Mud" which is just Tinker Bell's theme on low woodwinds as if she's sneaking around, "Vidia Confesses" which starts sad and plaintive but ends with a small fanfare for Tink, and "That Cat!" which has some fun hints of menace and action.

The Intrada also omits a few seconds from the end of 1m06 Painted Butterfly (released as "Curious Tink") and 2m01 Building the Ark (released as "We're Going to Build a Boat"). Oh and the two albums also seem to have slightly different takes of "Lizzy's Fairy House."

3 hours ago, Stark said:

I’d love a 13th Warrior expansion and I’m not even a big Goldsmith fan.

I'm not either :)  I haven't even seen the film  it just happened to come out just before I was getting into scores so it was all over the internet when I was looking for stuff.

I love my McNeely and Debney but Mark McKenzie if you want to make an impact, go for McKenzie, orchestrated for Jerry at the end and composed the battle scene for Last Castle

If we look at the last update Roger gave us:

Here's who's on our roster coming up. Many of these are done and stuck in approvals!  Marco Beltrami, Marcus Trumpp, James Horner, James Horner, Hans Zimmer, Nick Glennie-Smith, Harry Gregson-Williams, James Horner, Danny Elfman (yes, still Night Breed), James Horner, John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, John Powell (still Solo), Ilan Eshkeri, Christopher Young, John Williams, James Newton Howard...that probably takes us well into next year.

That leaves Beltrami, Barry, Goldsmith, Eshkeri, Young, two Williams and JNH left, right?

I'd agree that the Williams are probably The Patriot and (my personal guess) 4th July. I'm going to be a bit selfish and hope the last one this year is an interesting JNH. No one should be praying that another Williams comes out 12 hours after your dream release of Hook is announced.