Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

Oh my gosh! Ordered! Thanks for the heads up, @Eplicon!! It’s been an hour since you posted and they’re still allowing orders, too. I guess they finally decided to press more - just wonder how many.

And to think, someone bought one on eBay last night for $760. Ouch to them!

7 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Wow! Thanks so much @Eplicon!

I just ordered one too.

one question:

in addition to shipping I paid tax too. That means I won't pay customs?

(it cost me 31,44 euros in total)

Ordered for about the same price!

Wondering the same about the 5 dollars tax I had to pay, considering it will be shipped to France.

5 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

By the way, interestingly enough, the cd option doesn't come up when you use the search function for "Dial of destiny".

I get only the LP in the results.

Yeah I noticed this too, had to pull up the thread again for the link

For european customers: yes you have to pay customs fees in your country. My parcel is just awaiting payment of the vat. Which the official postoffice tracking does not say it. I just checked on their customs department webpage and voila….

im going to ask a refund of the us tax from them. I think marian managed to do it

And congratulations for everyone. The guy who paid $5000 must be rolling in his grave….

The webpage for the CD hasn't been taken down yet, so I'll take that as a good sign for those of you lucky enough to place an order. You can still add it to your cart, you just can't checkout. I've been refreshing the webpage for the last half hour in case I'm able to slip through (it actually let me press "Secure Checkout" at one point and got my hopes up before rejecting me).

EDIT: And in the time it took to write this, it's gone. Product currently not available...

2 hours ago, filmmusic said:

one question:

in addition to shipping I paid tax too. That means I won't pay customs?

No. Their terms state that they collect taxes for domestic orders, and that they don't handle international taxes, which must be handled by their customers themselves. What they *do* is apparently automatically charging domestic taxes for non-domestic orders.

What you can do is contact them (by replying to your order confirmation email) and explain the situation, then send them your import tax receipts, and they will (or might) tell you that they have ordered a refund (your choice: PayPal or cheque). That's my current status, but my PayPal account hasn't seen the refund yet (which supposedly was issued by Disney at the end of last week). It might just be stuck in some Disney-internal customer services pipeline, but if it's not here tomorrow, I will contact them again.

I also told them that these taxes are obviously automatically added to all international orders, and that they might want to look into that. They didn't reply to that.

2 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I remember when the superman blue box was sold at warner site for like 40 bucks. They cancelled all orders without even telling customers.

Ouch... that one still hurts, traumatic memories :)

So glad more folks got a copy of Dial! 

Disney really looking out for Australian fans lately. First discontinuing physical media in the country, then putting this up for sale between 3am and 6am local time. 

Thanks @Jay @Chewy and @Holko for trying to notify me but suffice to say I was asleep :puh:

Hopefully there's a next time :(

I managed to privately inform all of my friends and all were able to secure a copy in the nick of time except one guy but fret not. I have a very good feeling Disney will come back for another round. I think the real reason is probably the production plant not able to produce in large batches. Well what ever the reason keep checking the link daily...it will be back !!

Average Netflix/streaming series are somehow able to have wide commercial releases in physical media formats, but Indiana Fucking Jones struggles to produce and sustain an initial release? It doesn't make sense. 

I was lucky to order one before it sold out last time, but the packaging they shipped it in did not protect it from cracking on the front of the case 😡