THE LOST WORLD (1997) - 2023 2-CD expanded reissue from La-La Land Records now available!

Jay

8 hours ago, Andy said:

Was listening to Silvestri's Predator today.  This was always one of my favorite tracks.  I think it has the same vibe going for it.

I was actually wondering if this cue from Predator 2 had any influence as well. Certainly matches the tempo of "Ripples"

I want to support the labels but I don't order from LLL anymore. It's always the same broken: jewel cases, broken cd teeth holders, scratches from the broken pieces

I order LLL releases only from Intrada. Comes always safe in a box.

8 hours ago, Smaug The Iron said:

Mine arrived today broken 😥DSC_0077.JPG

I ripped a lot of CD’s on Saturday and I broke the middle piece holding the discs in several of them. I got them to pop in and close the case but man is it annoying when I unintentionally manhandle it and it breaks😡

CD cases in general have always sucked, that said, I've yet to receive a broken case from LLL. It always comes in a box with bubble wrap. It's a shame to see others having problems. I wish I knew where Quartet gets their cases, as I like the feel of them. I would buy a bulk order and replace all of mine, but no luck.

There's only one track on the OST that was so natural that I thought it was one cue - Hammond's Plan. It wasn't until I watched the film probably a second time (after seeing it on TV) that I realised the percussive bit is from way later in the film.

The rest, I dont think there's anything clever about, and certainly not on the level of JP's suites.

3 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

This article reminds me, this CD should have had the OST remastered with the album edits contained. This would make a better pair with the recent JP release and it would allow to re-experience the assembly as intended by John Williams. 

Although in some cases I do appreciate the remastered OST, I feel like that's the biggest gripe a lot of people have with releases lately is the presentation of the OST taking up space of unreleased material. 

Luckily re-building the OST with this release wouldn't be hard and to me its better to get new material.

2 minutes ago, GoodMusician said:

Although in some cases I do appreciate the remastered OST, I feel like that's the biggest gripe a lot of people have with releases lately is the presentation of the OST taking up space of unreleased material. 

A lot of people are weird.

4 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

This article reminds me, this CD should have had the OST remastered with the album edits contained. This would make a better pair with the recent JP release and it would allow to re-experience the assembly as intended by John Williams. 

It's definitely got me double-thinking if I should get it. I prefer OSTs most of the time, and the original doesn't sound bad. But, as others have said, it wouldn't be too hard to reassemble it myself.

38 minutes ago, Brando said:

Not much. I was hoping for a little insight on the editorial side of the the film version of Ripples, but there was none.

So still no word on WOMPI. Damn.

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

I was really hoping he'd let us know, maybe if they do a podcast episode he'll talk about it there.

I suppose if we get a Williams release announced next week/month

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

I saw the news that the CD is back in stock... wait, was it out of stock? It just came out. :huh:

On 23/08/2023 at 2:53 PM, Jay said:

MV says

Just to give you all a heads up -- Lost World blew out the door quicker than anticipated. It's currently out of stock, but more copies are on the way. We hope to have it back in stock first week of September. In the meantime, if you ordered it from the La La Land website, your order has been shipped or is in the process of being shipped.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=151816&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=473#bottom

1 hour ago, Justanothercrow421 said:

Made a preview of a potential Jurassic Park III cover from La-La Land (here's hoping).

Don David - Jurassic Park III (La La Land WIP) copy.jpg

And a bonus inevitability:

Hide contents

Don David - Jurassic Park III (La La Land WIP) copy2.jpg

Ironically, someone pointed this out the other day on FB, the digital version on Movies Anywhere has the T-Rex on the cover, not the Spino, which makes no sense.

Screenshot (40).png

6 minutes ago, Brando said:

Ironically, someone pointed this out the other day on FB, the digital version on Movies Anywhere has the T-Rex on the cover, not the Spino, which makes no sense.

Screenshot (40).png

That's been the new home video release logo, but I refuse to acknowledge its existence in anything I make haha

8 hours ago, Brando said:

I was really hoping he'd let us know, maybe if they do a podcast episode he'll talk about it there.

I'm sure it will be announced soon! And hopefully Matessino will talk about AMISTAD as well.

14 hours ago, Justanothercrow421 said:

Made a preview of a potential Jurassic Park III cover from La-La Land (here's hoping).

Given we now can't have red, I'd have thought perhaps a blue against the flying dinos.

And we're on the eve of September's announcements... it's not impossible :P 

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Given we now can't have red, I'd have thought perhaps a blue against the flying dinos.

And we're on the eve of September's announcements... it's not impossible :P 

They’ll save it for Black Friday.