The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

• 2 weeks later...

New Intrada DEADLY BLESSING (James Horner)

Roger Feigelson:

Nightbreed will probably be out in July, so in the meantime we'll squeeze this title in June.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/95015405220/permalink/10168005200960221/?mibextid=Nif5oz

FB_IMG_1686590707052.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

https://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

6/24/2023

Giving James Horner the spotlight this coming week. Early 1981 Wes Craven horror film. Deadly Blessing makes a premiere release. It’s a complex and intricate score for such an early effort. It’s yours to order for release this Tuesday. I’m happy to add this is just one of several Horner scores I’m currently working on so his fans have some stuff to look forward to. And I’m also mixing and editing one of my own all-time favorite Jerry Goldsmith scores for an upcoming premiere release. This one should please his fans. And there are exciting scores from Danny Elfman and Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard and John Powell on my plate, too. Yep. It’s a really big plate!

John Powell = Solo? or something else?

More expansions by Horner, Elfman, JNH, Zimmer and Powell?

:jump:

:w00t:

:woop:

I hope the JP one is something new, like Mr. and Mrs. Smith, instead of just the CD version of Solo.

So there's lots of new Horner in the work that's so great. Really curious about that next Goldsmith premiere. As for Powell even though I can't wait to put my hand on  the physical edition of Solo, I would love to hear more of Mr. and Mrs Smith or a premiere of his early scores like Alfie

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/06/2023 at 11:11 PM, Edmilson said:

I hope the JP one is something new, like Mr. and Mrs. Smith, instead of just the CD version of Solo.

I'd bet it's just Solo, although how it could take so long to press a recent score (where precisely zero mastering is needed, surely) onto CD, I don't understand.

Personally I'd rather they focused on actual unreleased projects instead of a score already available in literally the same musical form. I'm certainly not interested in purchasing it on CD.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Interesting. I like this score but never assumed it needed an expansion.

Karol

Let alone a 3-CD Set. I don’t know the film/score, sounds promising.

Yeah the single thing most people said back then was that the original release was serviceable for the movie, but on the album it's just too long.  I guess there are gems hidden in the expansion? (3CD, even with the original tracks, still means 30+ minutes of expanded score vs 66min of the original)

11 minutes ago, ymenard said:

(3CD, even with the original tracks, still means 30+ minutes of expanded score vs 66min of the original)

Where did you get the 3CD assertion? I only see the cover at the end of the video.

I have no idea whatsoever how much is missing as I know only the basic details of the film.

This could easily have been a grail as it came out at the right time for me, but not this time. Enjoy! And we've still got an Elfman, Zimmer and JNH to look forward to this year.

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

I wonder if they're waiting for the Elfman drama to blow over or if they don't know what to do about Nightbreed.

I think both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well only 4 months left in the year and still no JW release from Intrada.  Was it said to be one or two releases this year?  I’m on my phone and don’t want to go through 20-ish pages 😂 

Damn listing Zimmer, Glennie-Smith and HGW in a row make it hard to belive that The Rock ain't coming, it would so great. Also four Horner! I better start put some money safe. I hope one of theme is Fievel Goes West, their American Tail was terrific it would be so great to finally get the sequel

So from that list we might get 14 new CDs:

1. Marco Beltrami, Marcus Trumpp [I assume it's a collaboration since both usually work together]
  2. James Horner
  3. James Horner
  4. Hans Zimmer, Nick Glennie-Smith, Harry Gregson-Williams  [perhaps The Rock]
  5. James Horner
  6. Danny Elfman (yes, still Night Breed)
  7. James Horner
  8. John Barry
  9. Jerry Goldsmith [will this be the world premiere as stated here?]
  10. John Powell (still Solo)
  11. Ilan Eshkeri
  12. Christopher Young
  13. John Williams [The Patriot! The Patriot!... or anything else actually]
  14. James Newton Howard

I was briefly perked upon seeing Glennie-Smith as I'd like to see Home Alone 3 at some point - nice little score for a silly movie. But yes, seeing him, HGW and Zimmer together, it's got to be The Rock. I'd be torn on that because the OST satisfies 99% of what I want from that score, but having an official remastered source for 'extra' bits would be more than tempting.

Eshkeri? Interesting. The only title that comes to my mind is that I'd buy an expansion of Johnny English Reborn in a heartbeat. He also did Stardust but I'm not explicitly aware of how much that needs expanding.

JNH could be basically anything... Disney, M. Night, other... although I can't think of anything that I'm craving that hasn't at least leaked so whatever it is will hopefully be a pleasant surprise and nice official remaster.