The La-La Land Black Friday 2023 thread

15 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

They said last year that Spider-Man 2 & 3 were pretty much off limits, so that would be an incredible surprise if they're ever able to do either of them! 

I remember this too, but can't for the life of me find the post.

Whatever lets us hold onto our optimism!

Unrelated thought: Maybe one of the the upcoming two discers is a sixth volume of Goldsmith at Fox.

I did see someone make a suggestion that for Spider-Man 2 they could do just Elfmans score, then if they can get around to expanding Spider-Man 3, they could include the extra cues recorded for Spider-Man 2 in the bonus section there. That could work I think.

5 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

I remember this too, but can't for the life of me find the post.

I checked yesterday too and couldn't find anything :lol:

Either it was removed, or we both happened to misinterpret another post. This is the only thing I could find:

12 hours ago, Smaug The Iron said:

I guess

Spider-Man 2

Godfather 2 

Moonraker

One Williams titel (I hope Hook or The Terminal)

One or both of the Universal Studios score from the 60s. 

Migration

I'd love Moonraker too. It is one of the Bond scores for which I most want an expended release. But my understanding is that the master tapes were lost in France sometime after the score was recorded there.

2 hours ago, Damien F said:

I'd love Moonraker too. It is one of the Bond scores for which I most want an expended release. But my understanding is that the master tapes were lost in France sometime after the score was recorded there.

Pretty sure that has been debunked.

An excellent summary from @Mr Keith Hicks but I can understand why it’s such a plausible rumour given the number of more recent, big budget, high profile films that have lacked readily accessible first generation masters of their scores due to fire/being dumped/studio neglect. Something of an indictment on certain studios that such a rumour seems so believable. 

On 03/11/2023 at 5:26 PM, Bellosh said:

$39.98 is a 3 CD set right?

Here is a complete list of everything LLL has released at that price point:

1608 Spider-man (3-CD)

1576 Fiddler on the Roof (3-CD)

1566 The Time Tunnel Vol 2 (3-CD)

1353reissue A.I. Artificial Intelligence (3-CD) {this is the 2021 reissue, the 2015 original version was $34.98)

1559 The Time Tunnel Vol 1 (3-CD)

1382reissue The X-Files Vol 1 (4-CD) {this is the 2016 reissue, the 2011 original version was $49.98)

1473B Die-Hard 30th Anniversary Remastered Limited Edition (3-CD)

6 hours ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

New bet (which I think everybody would love):
PROJECT 4 - $29.98 - D&D: Honor of the Thieves (Expanded)

You joke, but I am still annoyed that they didnt release the funnest track from that movie and instead wasted 2 albums on Music Inspired By the Movie

What is this? the 80s?

7 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

The president comment by MM is certainly alluding to JFK.

I mean that’s probably more likely than Nixon or Lincoln, but those scores exist too y’know!

27 minutes ago, JTW said:

I’ve always wondered why labels wouldn’t reveal their titles beforehand?

I believe the main reason is that titles can fall through at any time, given studio shenanigans. Hence if they announced a title was coming and then something happened that made them unable to complete it, they'd get a lot of disappointed customers.

would ponder why there would't be some sort of legally binding thing at some point where the studio can't just row back and cancel a project, but maybe stuff like liners and artwork are done later in the process, and someone has to do the final signoff?

The Star Trek box was announced in... August? Earlier? I was about to say that was not a BF title but then I didn't remember if it was or not.

Which was good because that was certainly not an impulse purchase for me.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

I believe the main reason is that titles can fall through at any time, given studio shenanigans.

I know, but I’m thinking the same time they announced the exact number of their titles and even their prices. It’s still ahead of the release date, the programs are already at the manufacturing facility, and it’s highly unlikely that anything will change at this point. Announcing the title names would only elevate fan expectations. Imho.

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

sometimes when they revealed stuff early, they started getting e-mails from people asking to pre-order.

People really do that? :-) 

1 hour ago, JTW said:

People really do that? :-) 

Well Intrada previously also said that people would e-mail them about sold out titles (as in completely sold out never to return) that were on their site clearly marked as SOLD OUT, so they ended up having to remove them.

7 hours ago, StarFox said:

Any rumors about John Williams' The Patriot?

That'd be a nice 2-CD set

The original soundtrack of The Patriot was released on Hollywood Records, owned by Disney, which hasn’t worked with La-La Land to date. Much likelier to be an Intrada release.

But yes, it’d make for a fantastic 2-CD set!