The La-La Land Black Friday 2023 thread

48 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Well, 5 out of 8 possible projects only for this year's BF is still a great number 

In my case: The more the releases, the less I can purchase. But I guess I'm not alone with this. MV says they have no choice, but I wonder how releasing so many CDs at once will affect their sales in the short run. There are lots of people who procrastinate. 

Another update from the FSM thread:

Any chance of Minority Report coming back in stock?

The only titles scheduled to come back for the holidays are

AI
DIE ANOTHER DAY (FINAL BATCH)

21 hours ago, Jay said:

Another update from the FSM thread:

Any chance of Minority Report coming back in stock?

The only titles scheduled to come back for the holidays are

AI
DIE ANOTHER DAY (FINAL BATCH)

Oof. Thanks for this, secured one copy of The Lost World for christmas. I thought it was gonna come back in time for Black Friday.

I have TLW sitting in my Intrada basket along with The Rock - easier than waiting for LLL to be back in stock and better for combined shipping. I'm hoping I might want whatever Intrada has left this year.

Biden was VP from 2009-2017, so technically it could be only 6-7 years since MM first started working on the project.  And yes, that does make me feel old...  ;)   My oldest son was 7yrs old 15 yrs ago lol

Well, Mike just edited his post to reveal it was the Sound of Music.

My five! Or to be fair I should say four-and-a-half. Plus The Sound of Music which started when the president was vice president. What a year. TGIF.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Rick said:

Well, Mike just edited his post to reveal it was the Sound of Music.

I was literally just telling some people it was the Sound of Music 2 release and I was partially correctROTFLMAO

17 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

They said last year that Spider-Man 2 & 3 were pretty much off limits, so that would be an incredible surprise if they're ever able to do either of them! 

Wait, they said 2 as well?

28 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I hope it is Spider-Man 2 containing not only Elfman's original score but also Debney's, Lurie's and Young's contributions, all with their due credits.

That's enough material for 3 CDs, right?

I don't believe Lurie worked on 2, outside of presumably having the assistant role for either Elfman or Young.

My guesses would include Godfather 2, Spider-Man 2 (unless it’s not available?), another Quinn Martin set, and of course we’ll get something by Williams, Horner, or Goldsmith. My hotter take is we might get the original Fast and Furious by BT, or the sequel by David Arnold, some time in the near future.

I bet the new film/Project 7 is Migration.

On 28/9/2023 at 1:16 AM, A. A. Ron said:

I predict the batch will look something like this:

The Godfather, Part II
Jurassic Park III

Moonraker

Spider-Man 2 (though I seem to remember rights issues on both 2 & 3)

A Golden/Silver Age Title

If there is a Williams, I bet it’s Angela’s Ashes, Born on the Fourth of July or Catch Me If You Can.

My main predictions are unchanged.

9 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

They said last year that Spider-Man 2 & 3 were pretty much off limits, so that would be an incredible surprise if they're ever able to do either of them! 

Where did they say that? I don't recall them saying that and I can't find that claim on the FSM boards from last year. Was it a comment on their Facebook?

13 hours ago, Jay said:

LLL BLACK FRIDAY 2023 INFORMATION

We finally have all the information for our last batch of 2023

Of the 8 titles that were heading toward the finish line, 6 of them managed to cross it in time, meaning 2 of those planned BF titles are coming out in 2024 (hopefully 1st quarter)

So that means 6 titles made the cut.

But wait -- there's more!

We just got rights to a new film coming out so that too will be part of the Black Friday batch taking the total to 7 titles!

Here is the financial breakdown for those who want to plan out their budget

PROJECT 1 - $39.98
PROJECT 2 - $29.98
PROJECT 3 - $29.98
PROJECT 4 - $29.98
PROJECT 5 - $21.98
PROJECT 6 - $21.98
PROJECT 7 - $16.98

We plan on announcing the titles at 9pm pst on November 23, 2023...and then we will start taking orders shortly after the announcement starting at 9:15 pm pst

See y'all in 20 days!

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=152550&forumID=1&archive=0

7 titles…

IMG_9882.gif

1 hour ago, JTW said:

7 titles…

IMG_9882.gif

You beat me to it! :lol:

My prediction

PROJECT 1 - $39.98 - Hook (yeah I keep lying to myself)
PROJECT 2 - $29.98 - The Godfather, part. II
PROJECT 3 - $29.98 - Star Trek: The Original Series: The 1701 Collection, vol. 4
PROJECT 4 - $29.98 - The Mask of Zorro
PROJECT 5 - $21.98 - The Rare Breed
PROJECT 6 - $21.98 - Friday the 13th, part. IV (The Ultimate Cut)
PROJECT 7 - $16.98 - Migration

I don't think there's been any recent mentions of Spider-Man 2 being unlikely. Though there were plenty quite a few years ago.

I would say that Neumation's release of Elfman's original full score for Spider-Man 2 would be an encouraging sign. I remember it being said that they approached Bartek about releasing Spider-Man and he instead wanted them to release Spider-Man 2. 

Debney and Young's contributions may complicate matters, but I think a complete version of Elfman's score is possible.

I actually wouldn't be very interested in a Spidey 2 with just Elfman's music - Debney/Young's replacement cues are really interesting to me.

5 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

That probable 3 discer really has me scratching my head…

I wonder if Zimmer’s Gladiator is a possibility.

The complete score is 2 hours so if the alternates/demos/other pieces (quite a bit of it given the MMF and the leak) go over 40 mins, it would be 3 discs, and particularly if they included a rebuilt OST. When Sleepy Hollow's 4-disc came out I wondered if Gladiator would justify the same, but I don't think there's anywhere near as much alternate/bonus material.

F13 Part IV might be the $16.98 one. That’s consistent with the price on those.   It won’t be Trek TOS vol 4 because those are every other month.