RIP Joeinar

Good morning.

I woke up to a message from Joe's sister. He has died unexpectedly.

Joe is one of the longest standing members of JWFan. Joining, i assume, in 1999 or 2000.

We became friends and remained friends.

Joe always claimed that when John Williams dies God would thank him personally for E.T.

A score i will listen too a lot this weekend. 

He is survived by his husband, and 2 Boston Terriers.

Stefan Cosman 

Terrible news. A huge loss.

I hope David and the dogs are doing alright.

Thanks for posting about this Steef. I thought this was an appropriate time to dust off the login and express my heartfelt condolences on his passing. This is a huge loss for the veterans on the site for sure. God bless him and his family. Rest in peace Joe. 

Great too see you again Renovia! I hope you and Dan are doing well!

1 hour ago, Ollie said:

I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes for someone I’ve associated with for 20 years but never met in person.

Rip Joeinar. 

In the case of Joe, its the second time i cried for him.

Guest TheGreatBye

RIP Joey, you were one of a kind on JWFan and an unabashed worshipper of JW and his golden age, which I related to.

-Quintus

1 minute ago, Guest TheGreatBye said:

RIP Joey, you were one of a kind on JWFan and an unabashed worshipper of JW and his golden age, which I related to.

-Quintus

Great to see you. What happened to your old account?

Maybe he forgot the email address that's connected to it.  He's not banned or anything.

If you contact me, Lee, I can help you get back into it.

I never got to know him but certainly came to recognize him as one of the OGs, great personality and a true JW believer. 

This post made an impression on me, it's the one I thought of when I saw this news.

On 01/06/2015 at 6:35 PM, JoeinAR said:

Hang in there. We all have our good and bad days. I really haven't ever been depressed except when my partner James died. I have always made and effort to not take work home and despite my bitchiness here I'm pretty even keeled. Being happy can be hard but sometimes it's easy. John Williams helps. So does cooking and football. And having a friend like Stefan Cosman for going on 17 years.

All the best to his family and friends, RIP

What depressing news to enter the forums today 😔.

Joe was a unique member here, with a unmistakeable personality. I took his love of John Williams and opinion about his scores in high regard even if we clashed in some other things, specially in the past. I think as i have aged I agreed more with him.

I remember once that he upset me about something and he PMed me to talk to me. There i started to see beyond the façade of “grumpy old man” and discover there was a nice person behind.

I also still remember when he asked me for advice choosing  brands of Spanish cheese. And it must have been like 15 years ago. :)

May you rest in peace, JoeinAr.

My condolences for his family and friends 😔

Whoa, shocking and incredibly sad news. Joe was one of the veteran members here, with a film music fan history that puts most of us to shame. Those members are quite rare here. Many condolences to friends and family.

Really sad news. R.I.P.

I used to really like his posts about what he was going to be making for dinner. Super wholesome stuff but also always sounded delicious. I'm sure it made him very happy.

Sad news. RIP :( 

46 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I don't mean this to sound weird, but... Joe's death feels like hearing about the first person from a favourite band, to die. Once they are gone, there is the realization that the original band can never have a reunion.

A big part of JWfan is gone, and there's no going back.

That's a great way of looking at it, that puts into words a feeling I had that I couldn't quite explain.  You nailed it.  Nice job.

Just logged in again on a whim and saw this terrible news. RIP, Joe.

That link is blocked for me (non-US maybe?) but I think I've found an alternative source of his obituary and a picture here:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/walter-allen-obituary?id=55151676

It's nice to put a picture to the person, and to see him so happy with his dogs and learn about his interests.

The last few years Joe was not so active anymore, but when he was one of the main contributors, he had many heated but passionate debates.

R.I.P. Joe. 

Wow, how sad.  Definitely a long time fixture here for us old timers.  RIP.

Wow, very telling about how respected Joe was just by seeing the names of so many members of both days past and present who have popped in to pay respects here where we got to know him. He will absolutely be missed! 

Thanks @#SnowyVernalSpringsEternal for letting us know and YES time to give E.T. another spin for Joe! 

I'm so sorry to hear this. He was a larger-than-life presence on these boards, part of what gave them their distinctive character. I didn't know him personally but I'm sure his loved ones will miss him deeply. My condolences. 

Thank you for sharing the news, Stefan, sad as it is.