The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

13 hours ago, JTW said:

Like Jurassic Shark wrote, mstrox gave the impression (not that I blame you) that the mods banned MV, and I didn't believe it, just read my initial comment to what mstrox wrote. And it turned out I was right, because Jay didn't ban MV.

I agree it was pretty clear. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Andy said:

I hope this is the beginning of a very comprehensive series. 

Yeah, I try not to reply to announcements with "But what I really want is..."

But... ;)

I think it would be helpful if someone created a spreadsheet of all Bond movies categorizing them by which already got their definitive expansions and which still need to be expanded, similar to this one for JW scores done by @crumbs:

I'm really at doubt which Bond scores already got "definitive" editions by the labels - maybe only the Arnold ones?

31 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I think it would be helpful if someone created a spreadsheet of all Bond movies categorizing them by which already got their definitive expansions and which still need to be expanded

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33408-moonraker-license-to-kill-and-tomorrow-never-dies-expanded-releases-almost-happened-but-are-now-on-hold/&do=findComment&comment=1935619

I'd say the only "definitive" Bond expansions are the ones we've gotten from LLL. Pretty much all of the others are at least missing some shorter cues or source music. Some of these scores could use a modern remaster as well.

2 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Holy crap. That just came out of nowhere.

Totally. I'm not as hot on the Bond scores as most (though I'll certainly keep my eyes on at least the Barrys), but this is certainly a major surprise.

1 hour ago, ManofDestiny said:

Hope this means Moonraker and OHMSS are coming too.

I wonder what "Ready for Moore?" is meant to imply. Would be quite an oversight if the ambiguity wasn't intentional.

Nicely played LLL. I know a lot of people, particularly at FSM, have been pining for Bond.

I've lost track now - is that all of the delayed BF releases? They said two hadn't made approvals and then two wouldn't make manufacture. If we just got two Bonds and Beltrami's new score, does that mean a final one is in the wings?

45 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

Well, I got an LLL gift card under the tree today. Not sure if I'll spring for Zorro or wait for whatever will come in the New Year.

Why not both?

get Zorro now then put your own into the rest. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a marathon of all the Bonds I hadn’t seen yet in honor of the new LLL albums and I gotta say, there’s a reason Octopussy is so obscure. Nice little score though.

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

Or they might have found out I didn't love Star Trek.

Or even worse, Lethal Weapon!

JWFan - Where Soundtracks Are Better Than Everything.

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

OSTs, you mean.

Say that again out loud slowly, and unabbreviated...  ;)

4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

That reminds me, I'm putting all my stuff in boxes because I'm getting new furniture. Time to chuck all this expanded junk out. Thor has won.

You'll get good money for it on Discogs. 

OUR NEW REMASTERED AND EXPANDED 2-CD JAMES BOND TITLES (LIVE AND LET DIE & OCTOPUSSY) ARE SELLING FAST!!!

PLACE YOUR PRE-ORDER NOW at www.lalalandrecords.com before the first batch of inventory are sold out! Shipping is scheduled to start on JAN 16.

AND… this is your last chance to get our DIE ANOTHER DAY 2-CD SET as the batch we have arriving in stock is the final one. Once it’s gone, this title is out of print!

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2rxda6--15p0mc-ag4f6q5