Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney Records Original Soundtrack Album) - NO FILM SPOILERS!

Jay

1 minute ago, filmmusic said:

See now the scalpers how much will they be selling their cds at ebay!

Oh yeah, they'll fetch a pretty penny there

This is the non-reply I received just now:

Hello Karol,

I apologize for the delayed reply. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry but this item is currently out of stock: John Williams / Indiana Jones and the Dial of Des.

Unfortunately, we do not have anticipated restock dates for out-of-stock items.

The website is an accurate reflection of available items. Our inventory is limited to the sizes, styles, and colors currently listed. If you do not see a particular item currently listed, it is currently unavailable for purchase.

To stay updated on product availability, I recommend checking our website regularly. New items may become available at a later date, and the website is the best place to find the most up-to-date information. You may also consider subscribing to our newsletter, which provides the latest updates on new products, back-in-stock notifications, and exclusive promotions.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you in any way we can.

Thank you again for contacting us. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Stephanie 
Customer Service

Doesn't really say it's out of print.

EDIT: Just seen the Tweet reply in the other thread. Very frustrating. 😞

Karol

9 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Just seen the Tweet reply in the other thread. Very frustrating. 😞

The tweet was in this thread first, right here on this page, just scroll up and read the thread you're posting into :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

The tweet was in this thread first, right here on this page, just scroll up and read the thread you're posting into :lol:

I am getting old Jay. Mercy! 🤣

Karol

Yet, the Filmtracks reviews knows none of this. It states:

Regular U.S. release. The CD and LP releases were available six weeks after the digital album.

Note that the CD and LP WERE available six weeks...meaning, on August 9. Only, that prediction for the future (!) is not true, sadly!

https://www.filmtracks.com/titles/dial_destiny.html

i'm not sure if anyone else thinks this, but whenever i see something available for pre-order like this was (excluding video games because of downloadable incentives from certain retailers---do they even still do this?)

I always assume it's going to be a limited run.  but this seems like a really limited run????

honestly this does suck.  but thankfuly i grabbed one

The vinyl has not shipped yet and is very likely truly due around August 9 if not delayed. 

The CD release was likely given the same August 9th date only as a rough estimate, and just ended up being ready 3 weeks before then, so they shipped them out to those who ordered it without the vinyl in the same order, to not be sitting on too much stock

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The CD release was likely given the same August 9th date only as a rough estimate, and just ended up being ready 3 weeks before then, so they shipped them out to those who ordered it without the vinyl in the same order, to not be sitting on too much stock

Well, not to me.

I wonder if there's anyone else besides me here who ordered only a CD and hasn't got shipping information yet.

I mean, they likely got hundreds or thousands of orders.  It isn't realistic to expect them to have shipped out every order in one day

Prologue: vaguely interesting, brass dry as hell.

Helena’s theme: oh, so that’s the theme. Nice piece! Not very hummable, but very nice.

Germany, 1944: Definitely didn’t hear half of it in the movie, probably drowned out by sfx.

To Morocco: I love that solemn brass choral version of the Raiders March. And More Helena! Maybe having the concert suite at the start really does help. Oh my, I’m approving of an album choice.

Voller Returns: mostly ambience that isn’t necessary.

Auction: I’m getting Wet Bandit vibes. Mixing is still off. And here’s Tintin!

Tuk Tuk: Helena’s theme still nice.

To Athens: It would have been nice if the character had been as great as the theme. Or half as great. Strange that the Raiders March didn’t go into G-sharp.

Perils of the Deep: Voller Returns 2.0.

More tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Prologue: vaguely interesting, brass dry as hell.

Helena’s theme: oh, so that’s the theme. Nice piece! Not very hummable, but very nice.

Germany, 1944: Definitely didn’t hear half of it in the movie, probably drowned out by sfx.

To Morocco: I love that solemn brass choral version of the Raiders March. And More Helena! Maybe having the concert suite at the start really does help. Oh my, I’m approving of an album choice.

Voller Returns: mostly ambience that isn’t necessary.

Auction: I’m getting Wet Bandit vibes. Mixing is still off. And here’s Tintin!

Tuk Tuk: Helena’s theme still nice.

To Athens: It would have been nice if the character had been as great as the theme. Or half as great. Strange that the Raiders March didn’t go into G-sharp.

Perils of the Deep: Voller Returns 2.0.

More tomorrow.

Wait, is this your first time hearing the soundtrack?

I actually really like Voller Returns. It doesn’t stick out as a highlight on first touch, but I’m finding it increasingly rewarding to unpack the mix of brooding motifs sloshing around. The album already underrepresents the Voller material. I want more, not less!

9 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

How so? I didn’t even buy a single copy...

I'm sorry, that was just a reaction to the idea of buying limited editions explicitly to resell them for a profit, which I can't stand.

7 minutes ago, ChrisAfonso said:

I'm sorry, that was just a reaction to the idea of buying limited editions explicitly to resell them for a profit, which I can't stand.

I understand, but:

1. I’ve never done that sort of thing in my life before, so I was mostly just kidding. I don’t even really buy physical media anymore, not even for myself.

2. From what I understand, the site limited customers to 2 CDs per person anyways, so it’s not like I could have gone and bought like, a ton of them to resell. (Nor would I have had any desire to do so, either.)

6 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Wondering whether ASM could also raise this at some level as she is also affected by deprived artistic dissemination.

ASM has her own digital single and is barely mentioned on the album's packaging. If someone was looking for the album to be a marketing them for her, they've done a bad job.

I got the shipping notice the other day, but according to the USPS, all that has happened is a shipping label has been created in Crozet, Virginia, but the package has not yet been tendered to the postal service.

7 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Wondering whether ASM could also raise this at some level as she is also affected by deprived artistic dissemination.

Wouldn't MM be the logical person? He has an in with Williams' people and is obviously an aficianado of film music, with lots of contacts in the industry (including Intrada, who have some level of an in with The Mouse).

Water Ballet: recycle bin.

Polybius Cypher: I love that little motif in the beginning. Great nod at the Nazi fanfare at the end.

The Grafikos: recycle bin.

Archimedes’ tomb: what a theme.

The Airport: I think I’m going to keep this and get rid of the prologue. Great Helena variations and harp playing.

Battle of Syracuse: more of the same, expendable.

Centuries Join Hands: more great Raiders March variations.

New York: Exquisite string writing. Marion. And that ending! That’s it, this album has everything I need. Brass in March is not good. Mix is even more not good.

Mutter track: Sickening levels of vibrato. I almost wish Roger Norrington was still working. Piece improves in second half.

After several listens to the soundtrack I realized there are pretty few action sequences on it. Even the Battle of Syracuse doesn't sound like much of a battle.  It's not a very exciting soundtrack. On par with KOTCS. 

2 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

The incidental scoring is better than Skull, but Skull’s action writing is top notch. Nothing comes close to the complete Jungle Chase.

But the trumpets sound a lot better on DOD. On KOTCS they sound kinda thin, particularly on the higher register.

Wow... I was also waiting to see if it would become available on Amazon or another retailer so I could combine it with another item to get free shipping.

I should call the Tanglewood Glass House (gift shop) just for kicks to see if they can get a few copies in time for Film Night.