Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

Just now, Thor said:

Lucky you! No, first time it became available on the Disney site, I ignored it as I thought I would be able to get it later, at another site and for less shipping. I didn't know it was a limited edition. The second time, I completely missed it. And now the third time, I just said 'what the hell' and ordered it anyway, despite having to live on bread and water for a week.

I was referring to the first time it got available again. I also ignored it the first time.

Wow, they're making a mess of this. I'll attempt to charitably put it down to some sort of extremely limited capacity, but it's equally possible that they have one person in an office somewhere constantly haggling with some other department.

Anyways, I never got this digitally and I'm happy enough streaming it for now so I went ahead and ordered it for old times' sake.

Does get me thinking that if they had, for example, given Intrada a license to press 5000 copies, there probably wouldn't be an issue beause the availability would be clear and it would eventually be allowed to go OOP and live on in the digital era - much like LEs that also get onto streaming services.

So I don't think the CD being a limited thing is necessarily bad... it was always going to go OOP at some point. It's just the manner in which they've handled distributing that unspecified limited quantity which sucks.

13 hours ago, crumbs said:

Are people ordering without an account?

Yes. DME's account system seems to be broken; as an Austrian, I wasn't able to create an account either.

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But if it's above 350 NOK, there's a handling fee of 150-300 NOK depending on transporter, and a 25% tax. And @Marian Schedenig is complaining about the minor fees he has to pay... ;)

It's something between €5 to €10 for handling, and 20% VAT (for orders under I think €250, otherwise there's also a customs fee of I don't know how much). Less than you list, but not a world of difference, and since they removed the EU threshold of about €20 (below which it was entirely tax free), they really check and tax every package.

But none of that is under DME's control anyway. All they can (and supposedly will) do is refund the 20% they collected themselves.

No account here - just clicked 'pre order', selected PayPal and went through checkout. Got my order confirmation a minute or two later. I will now forget completely about it and probably come home from my USA trip in mid October to find it delivered.

Ordered one too. Just paypal checkout , no account creation.

Got my confirmation. 14$ shipping so 25$ total.

Now it will rest unopened in my c.d. cabinet until it's replaced (*maybe) by an eventual expanded edition

35 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Yes. DME's account system seems to be broken; as an Austrian, I wasn't able to create an account either.

It's something between €5 to €10 for handling, and 20% VAT (for orders under I think €250, otherwise there's also a customs fee of I don't know how much). Less than you list, but not a world of difference, and since they removed the EU threshold of about €20 (below which it was entirely tax free), they really check and tax every package.

But none of that is under DME's control anyway. All they can (and supposedly will) do is refund the 20% they collected themselves.

Same here (Germany): account creation denied...

Just now, Brónach said:

perhaps you can transfer all the bits to a new case?

Definatley will. Trying to find the exact cases that they use but not sure. Anyone know any? 

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

The money for my 2nd order that got cancelled, still shows as hold on on my bank account after 1 day.

Do you think I should send a message to Disney emporium?

If it’s only been 24 hours, I’d give it another day. I’m my experience, it can take two full business days for holds to clear. But then, yes, definitely email them. 

Worst case scenario, you still get charged and your emails to Disney go unanswered. At that point, file a refund claim through your credit card issuer. Your emails to Disney will prove a good faith effort to get things resolved and the CC issuer will have your back on this. 

17 hours ago, King Mark said:

Ordered one too. Just paypal checkout , no account creation.

Got my confirmation. 14$ shipping so 25$ total.

Now it will rest unopened in my c.d. cabinet until it's replaced (*maybe) by an eventual expanded edition

*EHEM!* Who is your hero for checking in to see if you got an order in? :) 

On 25/8/2023 at 8:17 AM, Amer said:

Because I live in Pakistan ! 

It took one a half months to arrive to spain…

km and chriscrusher…. I send a pm to you when this became available again and you didnt yead it… thank god you managed to get your copies!

but you should check pms from time to time… 😅

18 hours ago, Jay said:

And the order link is now dead once again.

I've noticed that the banner graphic on the DME store homepage has been updated to remove the CD and now shows just the LP and the picture disc.  Not sure when that happened but it might suggest it's now gone for good:

image.jpeg

^ think that was discussed a while ago in the Dial of Destiny (no spoilers) thread a while back, before the recent second and third sales!

On 18/8/2023 at 12:26 PM, BB-8 said:

DME_Mobile_991x991_IndianaJones_061923_V4.jpg

The CD has vanished. :-(

11 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

It took one a half months to arrive to spain…

km and chriscrusher…. I send a pm to you when this became available again and you didnt yead it… thank god you managed to get your copies!

Yeah thanks for that but I thought the new message notification was just a new message in the usual thread. But I got it thanks to Crusher telling me about it. Now I realize I was pretty lucky and got one of the last copies because it was sold out less than an hour after I ordered.

I also get this odd feeling this was the last chance to get it.  So maybe our copies will eventually be worth 5000$ too

33 minutes ago, Brónach said:

perhaps they no longer want to make blu rays

Yeah I missed the theatrical run of the film and am waiting on the physical release date before I commit to renting it digitally next week.

Given how Disney+ neuters the audio with dynamic range compression I want a 4k Blu-ray dammit!

Don't know if anyone else is seeing the same, but the product page doesn't even have the "you might be interested in..." section, with the link to the LP. Easy to read a bit much into it, but it somehow feels a little more final than before. Hmmmmmmm

The toys he collects are for children too.

It's unpopular to like E.T. because times have changed, popular culture has done a switcheroo, and embracing the raw childlike wonder of Spielberg's E.T. has taken a back set to digging the bleak nihilism of Carpenter's the Thing.  All the kids that grew up with it are now men who are too cool for E.T., but not too cool to collect Star Wars Black Series Figures.

I find E.T. very endearing, Idk how anyone can sit thru the whole movie and go 'yeah that was alright' afterwards.

22 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's a children's movie.

There's some children's movies that are enjoyable. The classic Pixar movies are great.

58 minutes ago, Brando said:

"I don't like E.T., I own the score.....I shouldn't have to explain that".

I would like a follow up to that statement. I wanna know why he doesn't like the movie.

I wonder if he has the scores to Heartbeeps or Monsignor.