Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

4 hours ago, BB-8 said:

I said efore it will be back 2 more times. So we have 1 more to go.....

Someone should put up a service where there's a green flag when the CD is available, and a red when it's not. I wonder how many times this will get up and down.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Someone should put up a service where there's a green flag when the CD is available, and a red when it's not. I wonder how many times this will get up and down.

Depends on the actual change frequency and the sample frequency of the service. Ultra-audiophiles will tell you that more expensive cables will increase the CD's availability.

45 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Depends on the actual change frequency and the sample frequency of the service. Ultra-audiophiles will tell you that more expensive cables will increase the CD's availability.

Cute.

Well, my bundle order has been delayed once again. Vinyl is now coming out next week. This is hilarious. 😂

I bet when I receive my order the CD will be missing. 😂

Karol

I believe that DME's ability to get numbers wrong big time led to letting more orders in than they pressed for august 24/25 and now they silently repressing a few copies. In the best case this leads to them miscalculating again and pressing more copies than needed, meaning we would get another order window in a few weeks.

6 minutes ago, scallenger said:

Hasn't it been the 18th of October all along for people that ordered back in August, like myself? It's the only date I've ever seen.

I ordered it along with vinyl back in June. It's the vinyl that's holding it back. It was supposed to be released in early August. The CD I ordered was from the first batch.

Karol

Same.. in progress. Plus I find out the Blu-ray won't be out until December and I refuse to shell out for just a digital copy.

I didn't register so I'm not sure if I can check my order progress, but no new since I ordered in August.

But right now all I care about is an audio rip of the Blu Ray iso score

It's funny how bad movies (The Last Jedi, and now Indy 6) rely on an isolated score audio track to boost their sales on DVD/Bluray.

I can't complain... but that's lame.

The movie industry is SICK.

6 minutes ago, Bespin said:

It's funny how bad movies (The Last Jedi, and now Indy 6)

5, not 6

6 minutes ago, Bespin said:

rely on an isolated score audio track to boost their sales on DVD/Bluray.

I can't complain... but that's lame.

I'll take it!

4 hours ago, King Mark said:

I didn't register so I'm not sure if I can check my order progress, but no new since I ordered in August.

But right now all I care about is an audio rip of the Blu Ray iso score

Disney should have sent you a link to check on your order status. All you need is your email address to log in.

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

They are good movies though.

You understood me. An isolated track is a 'bonus' intended to appeal to a different audience. Why don't we have one for each movie? :P

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

You understood me. An isolated track is a 'bonus' intended to appeal to a different audience. Why don't we have one for each movie? :P

Oh yes, 100% agreed!!

48 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Wouldn't the inclusion this time be more down to Mangold loving the score and requesting it? It doesn't seem to me a feature that the average purchaser is going to properly understand or appreciate to the level of affecting sales.

Of course it's now guaranteed that most of JWFan will buy it when some otherwise wouldn't have, but that's just our niche tiny corner.

That's what they wanted us to think.

The reality is, since they can't really add plenty of "making-of" or "vignettes" of the movie on the disc, boasting its merits and its big success and how fantastic was the director bla bla bla (remember the movie is both a commercial and artistic disapointment), they have plenty of room on the disc to emphasize other aspects of the movie that are not so bad, like... the score.

- The Cynical Bespin :P

From Disney's perspective, the movie is indeed a commercial failure.

"It should have done more!" - Mickey Mouse

Given their predicament, they might consider asking John Williams to come to the rescue. Maybe he could give interviews and make appearances on podcasts to discuss his score... Oh wait... :lol:

17 hours ago, Bespin said:

From Disney's perspective, the movie is indeed a commercial failure.

"It should have done more!" - Mickey Mouse

Given their predicament, they might consider asking John Williams to come to the rescue. Maybe he could give interviews and make appearances on podcasts to discuss his score... Oh wait... :lol:

Financially? perhaps. I'm not seeing a whole load of negative critical vibes though - seems generally 'warm'.

The idea that they couldn't fill a disc with featurettes, and are resorting to an isolated score in order to sell BDs... nah, that's idolizing Williams to such an extent that you want to believe that he 'saved' the home video release.

I'm in the batch that in theory ships tomorrow. Haven't really listened to it at all lately.

1 hour ago, Amer said:

I think this was the last of the new 2nd batch that was promised.

This is ridiculous. A mega corporation like Disney can't make a soundtrack CD of a major motion picture produced by Steven Spielberg, George Lucas AND Kathleen Kennedy, President of Disney subsidiary Lucasfilm, composed by John Williams,the greatest film composer of all time, available everywhere forever? :kaboom:

Now it doesn't show an estimated shipping date anymore. Before it was 10/18/2023 🧐 Lets see. Hopefully it will arrive before christmas. 

55 minutes ago, Steve said:

Now it doesn't show an estimated shipping date anymore. Before it was 10/18/2023 🧐 Lets see. Hopefully it will arrive before christmas. 

And this embarrassment just gets worse day after day.

I am pretty sure members of this forum would easily be able to arrange a better CD release.