Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

7 minutes ago, Sandor said:

I ordered August 21 and the CD was delivered September 8 (The Netherlands). 

I ordered 24th of August, shipped 2nd of November 😅 (I know there are other members here in the same situation).

On 6/11/2023 at 5:06 PM, ciarlese said:

I ordered 24th of August, shipped 2nd of November 😅 (I know there are other members here in the same situation).

There was a window of just a few hours when orders could be placed again on August 21 before the infamous 'Product currently not available' message plagued the site once more.

The orders placed on August 21 were shipped relatively quickly, ironically on August 24. My theory is that Disney located remaining copies of the original batch, so nothing had to be re-produced.

On August 24 there was a second window when the CD could be purchased, this time lasting longer than just a few hours.

However, these orders -again my theory- involved a still to be done new pressing of the CD, likely in October.

That's why those who ordered on August 24 had to wait much longer than those who ordered just 3 days prior. 

56 minutes ago, Sandor said:

There was a window of just a few hours when orders could be placed again on August 21 before the infamous 'Product currently not available' message plagued the site again.

The orders placed on August 21 were shipped relatively quickly, ironically on August 24. My theory is that Disney located remaining copies of the original batch, so nothing had to be re-produced.

On August 24 there was a second window when the CD could be purchased, this time lasting longer than just a few hours.

However, these orders -again my theory- involved a still to be done new pressing of the CD, likely in October.

That's why those who ordered on August 24 had to wait much longer than those who ordered just 3 days prior. 

Anyway. Looking at the time it took to create that batch of CDs for these orders from the 24th I guess the job was assigned to an intern who was given just an old permanently down breaking Windows 98 PC and an internal rusty CD burner drive for it.

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Mine's on UK soil... :dance:

I still don't have any tracking updates since step 2, 6 days ago...

Waiting for APC to respond to my customer service query 😒

2 hours ago, bigjimwilson said:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Top men are on the job

I’d love to chuckle at this, but every time I see a gen AI image, the flame of hope for humanity’s soul I nurture inside me dims another lumen or three.😞

33 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

I’d love to chuckle at this, but every time I see a gen AI image, the flame of hope for humanity’s soul I nurture inside me dims another lumen or three.😞

The second one looks like Bradley Cooper, which is all sorts of confusing. So who's hoarding the discs?.... Indy?..... Bradley?....... Bernstein??! :D

I admire Disney Emporium's shipping technique for this CD: they open a box of CDs, ship them, and mark the CDs as 'unavailable' on the website... until the next box is opened. One thing at a time!

"We could be efficient, but it would cost more." :lol:

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Lucky you who received it already. So where are you from? I'm from Germany and my parcel still seems to be on US ground 🙄

I am in UK, never had any tracking update at all since 2nd of November ("parcel data received") 🙄.

12 hours ago, ciarlese said:

I am in UK, never had any tracking update at all since 2nd of November ("parcel data received") 🙄.

I live in Finland and I haven't gotten any updates in the tracking since 2nd of November either. 

On 10/09/2023 at 10:26 AM, rough cut said:

I got a tax refund from Disney.

Could you provide more info about how did you manage to get a tax refund? They are denying my requests:

"Unfortunately, all orders are subject to taxes and cannot be waived or refunded unless a tax-exempt form is provided"

They even refuse to tell me why this tax is charged for.

thx.

I‘m from Germany and my APC tracking also stopped on Nov. 2nd. I asked APC, and they said, they only received the parcel data, but not the parcel itself. I contacted Disney Emporium 3 days ago, but no answer yet. It‘s very frustrating cause my last order from Disney recently with no progress in the tracking ended after 8 weeks with the info from Disney, that my order is lost in transit. 

2 hours ago, AndreasS said:

I‘m from Germany and my APC tracking also stopped on Nov. 2nd. I asked APC, and they said, they only received the parcel data, but not the parcel itself. I contacted Disney Emporium 3 days ago, but no answer yet. It‘s very frustrating cause my last order from Disney recently with no progress in the tracking ended after 8 weeks with the info from Disney, that my order is lost in transit. 

I am in the same situation, the only difference is that APC hasn't replied, while Disney Emporium replied advising to wait 21 days before worrying...

If the CD is lost in transit (before even getting to the shipping courier...), will they ship another one or will it be out of stock? I just can't see how I can accept an order cancellation after waiting for so long for this CD.

I wonder if the history of music has ever seen a CD release managed worse than this one.

21 hours ago, Brettspielberg said:

Could you provide more info about how did you manage to get a tax refund? They are denying my requests:

"Unfortunately, all orders are subject to taxes and cannot be waived or refunded unless a tax-exempt form is provided"

They even refuse to tell me why this tax is charged for.

thx.

Nothing in particular that isn’t already posted here in the thread. Just a friendly reminder that it is unlawful to collect tax twice, and since I am paying tax in my country, Disney should remove theirs.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, ciarlese said:

I finally have a tracking update! It's in New Jersey, is going very slow but at least it's moving! 🎉🎉🎉

Ditto!

56 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Mine is in the Netherlands in the meantime. 

I imagine seeing from above my CD travelling from country to country leaving a red line behind itself on the map while playing Helena's Theme.

To Athens...

7 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

travelling from country to country leaving a red line behind

Haha, yes - I did a map of that kind once when I was excitedly awaiting the arrival of my Blade Runner Final Cut suitcase in 2008 I think it was? Good times...