THE LOST WORLD (1997) - 2023 2-CD expanded reissue from La-La Land Records now available!

Jay

Gonna guess October for Intrada, as I believe that is when we got WOTW and Minority Report (yes I know that was released by LLL, @Jay 😉 )

It's funny, those two scores "feel" like fall scores to me, yet both films were released in the middle of summer.  Go figure.

YES!!! I got the 2016 box set of the Maestro’s scores, I got the 2022 remastered and expanded release of Jurassic Park, and soon, I will have this!

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Varese only owns perpetuity rights to three Williams scores (Cowboys, Stanley & Iris, Presumed Innocent), and they've all got the Deluxe Mike Matessino treatment now, so probably no more to ever come from them

Do we happen to know who owns rights to Heartbeeps?
I've almost pulled the trigger on the secondary market several times but can't bring myself to do it. 

Edit: I know it's a Universal picture but wondering who has music rights at this point

2 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I think it's BETTER; I spin it much more often. It may not have quite the same highlights as the original iconic Jurassic Park score, but there's not a single cue in the complete score I ever feel like skipping (and I'm not sure I can say that about the original).

Yavar

Goat Bait? 😉

4 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It's also the score where Williams invented the BRAAAAM that everybody copies now because they think it's Zimmer:

Surely Ifukube did it first?

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

No one does. There was no OST album, so Universal Pictures owns the whole score themselves. 

That makes total sense! Hopefully that means someone can make a deal someday soon! 

Now back to Lost World discussion :)

As someone else said, I do hope Maurizio has Mike on the podcast to discuss this release. I look forward to their discussions. I also wonder if Jays name will be in this booklet like with the first and how long he’s known about it:lol:

19 minutes ago, Brando said:

As someone else said, I do hope Maurizio has Mike on the podcast to discuss this release. I look forward to their discussions. I also wonder if Jays name will be in this booklet like with the first and how long he’s known about it:lol:

He teased something on FSM about it

21 minutes ago, Brando said:

I also wonder if Jays name will be in this booklet

I provided Project Assistance for this title

21 minutes ago, Brando said:

how long he’s known about it:lol:

Huh?  What is this referring to?

1 minute ago, DangerMotif said:

He teased something on FSM about it

Who teased what, in which thread?

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

Who teased what, in which thread?

I would assume Mike, since that is the topic of conversation...

And yet there's no posts from Mike or Maurizio in the Lost World or LLL August Flyer threads on FSM - hence why I asked the question I did.

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

And yet there's no posts from Mike or Maurizio in the Lost World or LLL August Flyer threads on FSM - hence why I asked the question I did.

I was mistaken it was on Twitter, apologies. I guess people can take this as a hint for the next podcast or he means for info on the release.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I provided Project Assistance for this title

So there was something done to it. I don't even see you in the Special Thanks section of the box booklet and surely no real assistance would have been needed if they just copypasted the box's master and booklet like ET and CE3K.

40 minutes ago, Holko said:

So there was something done to it. I don't even see you in the Special Thanks section of the box booklet and surely no real assistance would have been needed if they just copypasted the box's master and booklet like ET and CE3K.

If there was new liner notes or other other infos, he could have provided assistance with finding articles etc.

13 hours ago, EdG said:

I'm looking forward to Mike M talking about this score in detail as he sometimes does with new releases.

He already did an amazing, in-depth podcast on the previous release of The Lost World, albeit not with Maurizio.

https://www.jurassicparkpodcast.com/home/2016/12/12/interview-w-mike-matessino-produced-edited-mastered-the-la-la-land-records-jurassic-park-collection-episode-77

I didnt care at first but over the years the overlapping of corporate choppers with the previous cue, separated in film by a lenghty unscored scene, irks me a lot now.

So I hope this new set is worth it if only for that.

At least we shouldn't have to wait for the samples to know if anything's updated. MV knows he needs to give some specific spiel and the tracklist will be very obviously different.

Hopefully they're going to do JP3 in the near future and this release just makes all 3 available for the slightly longer term in an affordable way.

7 hours ago, DangerMotif said:

I was mistaken it was on Twitter, apologies. I guess people can take this as a hint for the next podcast or he means for info on the release.

By the way, I wonder if in the next podcast episode with Mike, Tim and Maurizio will also discuss the issue with the limited Dial of Destiny release.

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Huh?  What is this referring to?

Sometimes, when a new project releases, you sometimes mention  how long it's been in the works. I remember for the reissue of JP, you were excited about the cue separation in Journey To The Island and had been waiting to talk about it or something to that effect.

Hmm, doesn't sound like something I'd bring up. I wouldn't talk about any delays unless people higher up than me mention it first, and I don't recall JP having any delays. From what I recall it all came together quickly and was out not too long after. 

16 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Limited to 5000...still wondering how many DoD CD-copies Disney had originally planned?

My guess is between 1,500 and 2,500. That seems to be the minimum for a CD you want to sell, but you don't believe in it!

28 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Limited to 5000...still wondering how many DoD CD-copies Disney had originally planned?

Not enough.

22 hours ago, scallenger said:

While I don't collect vinyl myself, I do hope there is one for TLW, and JP3 someday. Neither ever got one, unlike all the other Jurassic scores. It would be cool to see what Mondo would come up with.

A previous employee at Mondo (Spencer Hickman) confirmed to me on Facebook that eventually TLW and JPIII are set to be added to Mondo's catalog. Hopefully that's still part of the plan there. I'd love to listen to TLW on vinyl one day.

Hope it's sooner than later and that they do complete scores and not the original soundtrack program....

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Hmm, doesn't sound like something I'd bring up.

You have hinted st upcoming releases a couple of times, for instance that one with the cool bonus section, or something like that.

3 hours ago, Justanothercrow421 said:

A previous employee at Mondo (Spencer Hickman) confirmed to me on Facebook that eventually TLW and JPIII are set to be added to Mondo's catalog. Hopefully that's still part of the plan there. I'd love to listen to TLW on vinyl one day.

Hope it's sooner than later and that they do complete scores and not the original soundtrack program....

Was this something he told you recently, or a while back before they were bought out?