THE LOST WORLD (1997) - 2023 2-CD expanded reissue from La-La Land Records now available!

Jay

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

The ET and CE3K reissue booklets are actually completely redesigned by Jim Titus.  The liner notes are the same (maybe some minor tweaks), and many of the included pictures and images are the same, but it's a whole new design all around, booklet and discs.  It's amazing that in 5 years, Jim Titus could approach the same score with the same material and just make a better booklet.  He's so great.

I didn't know or completely forgot this. Anyone have pictures? But yeah the important part that I meant is the text, that's what you'd assist with, not the design.

1 hour ago, SpotTheDog said:

You know what? As someone who used to have a LEGO addiction, this soundtrack CD hobby is very "reasonably" priced.

the best part about it (i really only collect JW, most of Horner and one offs)

is that you can rip the music and therefore limit how much the CD gets used and that you can always replace the cases.

so it really feels like nothing ever "depreciates"

3 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

the best part about it (i really only collect JW, most of Horner and one offs)

is that you can rip the music and therefore limit how much the CD gets used and that you can always replace the cases.

so it really feels like nothing ever "depreciates"

I sold my John Williams Jurassic Park Collection to my local Half Price Books last year. It's still sitting on their shelf for $150. I really hope my decision was vindicated, come Tuesday, because they gave me pennies for it, and I accepted. :banghead:

1 minute ago, SpotTheDog said:

I sold my John Williams Jurassic Park Collection to my local Half Price Books last year. It's still sitting on their shelf for $150. I really hope my decision was vindicated, come Tuesday, because they gave me pennies for it, and I accepted. :banghead:

You could have sold it on ebay or discogs for hundreds of dollars

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

You could have sold it on ebay or discogs for hundreds of dollars

Really? I didn't know... :joke:

I'm not actually bitter at you, only at myself. I was desperate and in the middle of an unhealthy get-rid-of-everything phase. Luckily I'm better now, but there are some things that can't be undone. Also luckily, this rerelease is my chance at "redemption" lol.

EDIT: Ironically, $150 is actually a pretty good deal for someone looking to buy the old collection, and I doubt used prices will drop much below that in the future.

31 minutes ago, SpotTheDog said:

I feel stupid but simultaneously enlightened and overjoyed

EDIT: The person who made that video doesn't know Roman numerals though:lol:

Apparently that's @Falstaft!

Just for fun, any guesses as to the disc art? I imagine it will have the same silver background as the Jurassic Park rerelease, but without the John Williams 90th logo.

I'm betting on Malcolm, Sarah, and Kelly on disc one, with Nick and Eddie on the other? Or are Nick and Eddie too boring? Maybe the baby T-rex instead?

1 hour ago, A. A. Ron said:

Also the 5,000 copy reissue of the first score is still available 13 months later.

Has it gone out of stock, even temporarily? I haven't noticed.

On 01/08/2023 at 10:26 AM, scallenger said:

God that cover is SO awesome! So excited!

My only complaint is that it doesn't look old and beaten up like the logo for TLW should

On 01/08/2023 at 10:41 AM, Bellosh said:

while box sets are nice, JW is too good to not have ALL his releases as individual IMHO.

But that's another conversation entirely.

So are we ever going to get individual releases for each of his HP and Disaster scores with different cover arts in a few years 😂😂

27 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

The 2016 TLW might be my most played Williams expansion. I love it to pieces.

Same; it's a presentation of that score I've wanted since I was a kid and I'm so happy we have it. I love listening to that score; I basically watch the film in my head while I listen to it. Glad more folks get a chance to pick it up (I'll be doing the same).

Really hoping a vinyl reissue is up sometime soon (either by LLL or Mondo)!

Well I guess I have to buy one of my favourite scores again. Now with alternates! :) 

I thought I didn't need the expanded edition. Then I looked into this thread today and saw videos and the tracklist. Then my opinion changed.

goodbye flimsy 3d dinorama ost.

On the Glass is actually a rather interesting cue for an alternate take as I noticed it in the film quite early, and Rescuing Sarah has been a favourite since the OST.

But the film version of Ripples is the really irritating one, although also curious. I guess the liners will explain, but is it actually an alternate take that just didn't make it to the 2016 set or is it an edit that MM either had to locate or recreate? Also, there's no room here for it being the same recording but the film still removed four layers of synth or anything like that... it really has to be literally the cue as heard in the film from a layers perspective for it to be worth it.

I'm probably going to hold back for a few weeks and see exactly what these are before deciding.

I reckon Williams doesn't want percussion-only cues on the set. I have to admit (given the general desire for them otherwise) that I'm not clamouring for those - it feels like the orchestra completes the composition.

9 hours ago, Trope said:

I don't know how to do these epic photoshop jobs

Mine's a 5 minute Paint.net job with a few transparent gifs from google. I have no idea how to photoshop :P 

And I'm either reverting to Dante's Peak or choosing something completely different in a couple of days, as this place is just damn confusing now.

Credit goes to Matessino for providing the film version of 'Ripples' this time. I only wish he done the same film edit for the 'T-Rex Chase'