Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney Records Original Soundtrack Album) - NO FILM SPOILERS!

Jay

5 hours ago, BTR1701 said:

I wouldn't have a problem with the suites if they were in *addition to* the complete score, not at the expense of it.

The DOD album has 13 minutes of empty space so the suites don't take the place of unreleased cues.

How the CD release of Dial of Destiny was handled by Disney records so far isn't really promissing for any possible upcoming Star Wars expansions.

By the way, what happened to the announced physical Solo release?

On 12/07/2023 at 9:58 PM, Damien F said:

The score for the new Mission Impossible movie was released today with two hours of music. Meanwhile, we JW fans get a single CD release with 13 minutes of empty space!

80 minutes of music is almost communist.

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

How the CD release of Dial of Destiny was handled by Disney records so far isn't really promissing for any possible upcoming Star Wars expansions.

By the way, what happened to the announced physical Solo release?

Just pretend there is no CD release and just see it as a perfectly competently done digital release (in terms of distribution around retailers), then stop panicking.

Even if they expanded SW digitally and also did a limited physical run and screwed that up, you have to ask yourself: are you more interested in having the music in remastered quality by MM, or having that same contents in a a very expensive box set delivered sometime within the next quarter?

in some way this is to me a return to childhood: burn your own dvd's or cd's and, very importantly, demand accesible digital stores of lossless music at a lowered prize. (until the internet breaks down, then i don't know. I mean, we have already lost search engines).

I just love the way digital releases free us from every conceivable limitation of a CD. No arguments on CD break points, price inflation due to number of CDs or whether to demand a replacement because one CD has a tiny scratch.

A few years ago I came across an album for The Elder Scrolls, a game I know nothing about, but it has nearly three hours of music, plus some bonus stuff. I love that the composer was able to make their masterpiece available without any concern for sales, liner notes, distribution or any of that nonsense.

24 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I just love the way digital releases free us from every conceivable limitation of a CD. No arguments on CD break points, price inflation due to number of CDs or whether to demand a replacement because one CD has a tiny scratch.

That is by the way an advantage of LPs over CDs. If the LP has a scratch, you hear the crack, but you get used to over time. A CD scratch that is audible makes the track more or less unlistenable.

On 11/07/2023 at 5:30 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

I think aladdin was also unavailable for a while and now there it is. Hope they just sold out the first batch

Aladdin was listed as "out of stock" though, and I was able to preorder it. (It's in stock now by the way, but mine still hasn't shipped, and because it seems to be impossible to create an account for the website as a European, there's no status page I can check…)

On 13/07/2023 at 9:07 AM, BB-8 said:

But why should individual buying decisions depend on how others behave?

I could only accept this if the natural resources within the supply chain were critically limited and the product was essential for individual health and survival.

It's common practice for limited releases to have a limit on how many items one person can order. It's the only way to reduce scalping I know of that actually works.

And by "limited", I mean anything from releases deliberately limited to a small number of items to increase exclusivity, to concert tickets with only a limited number of seats available, to anything (including CDs) that is produced in batches which may not be sufficient to immediately meet the initial demand.

LEGO is doing the same thing for selected sets because of a history of people buying up the entire stock as soon as it became available and making a huge profit off it on eBay at the expense of other regular customers who are unable to get the sets at regular price.

It's not so much a capitalism thing (if anything, the limited size of initial production runs may be, because you can't just afford to print tens of thousands of copies of something only a few dozen people may end up buying… but then again, that would also be a waste of resources) as sincerely a policy to benefit the customers (if maybe only to prevent the company from losing reputation because their products are always sold out).

Correction: The original order confirmation mail contains a link to the order status, so there is a status page. My Aladdin is currently listed as "In Progress". (The same goes for the Indy album, but that's in a different order placed by a friend - to save on shipping costs that are not really saved because I then ordered Aladdin and Hunchback for the both of us in return).

20 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I ordered aladdin and hunchback in the same batch and i was charged twice the shipping fees so no saving money for me…?

Hunchback was shipped in advance of Aladdin, but I don't think this was reflected in the shipping fees when I placed the order (at that point it wasn't clear yet that they would ship them separately). Of course, the question is what shipping costs they will list on the packages, which determines how much import taxes I'll have to pay. At the very least I'll have to pay the handling fees twice…

Did The Little Mermaid DE live action ever get a physical release by Disney? I had a look on the Emporium but could not see anything.

Executive producers are usually involved with the financing/legal side of things at a very high level, aren't they?

I'm not convinced this is the proof you're looking for that Mangold made an unforgivable error on a track name :lol:

I'm 99% joking about my level of care for this.

But that 1% of me is: you're telling me he just didn't look at cue titles?  I'm not buying that one bit.

Which leads me to believe he himself was confused with the timeline/history of the prologue.  Which isn't the best of looks.  But honestly it doesn't matter.

6 hours ago, Amer said:

Here are some cd scans I picked off ebay.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

It looks slightly different than what that lady was showing on social media...?

On 14/07/2023 at 1:53 AM, Damien F said:

The DOD album has 13 minutes of empty space so the suites don't take the place of unreleased cues.

It's not just physical space on the disc. If Williams is deciding not to include all the cues and substituting a suite for some of them in his mind, then they're being included at the expense of the complete score.

14 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I didnt had to pay handling fees, it seems you pay tax already when you buy it and they pay the country of destiny.

True, I already paid $19.27 shipping fee and $22.65 taxes, so it should be sorted. Let's hope it works out…

1 hour ago, GlastoEls said:

Catching up on JWFan after a while - this CD isn’t available to pre-order anywhere else? (U.K.)

The physical editions are exclusively sold through the Disney Emporium website 

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

This hasn't strictly been confirmed so far, has it? It very much seems to be the case though since it hasn't yet popped up anywhere else. Also, a friend contacted the German Disney Store and also Universal Music, and neither have any information on any planned releases.

2 hours ago, BB-8 said:

It looks slightly different than what that lady was showing on social media...?

Yes, it does. It's not an original CD. I can't imagine not having Anne-Sophie Mutter's name of the last track (it's on the album shown on social media). There are more differences.

Someone paid over a hundred dollars on Ebay for this fake CD (and there were more bidders!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185976370117?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=esGIQaJoPeVykMXRUTNFMS7zufg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

The OST is so crapily assembled i almost don't care about getting the c.d., especially if it requires jumping through hoops on a buggy website

3 hours ago, Brónach said:

i can't wait for Disney to collapse because I like chaos

After seeing a leaked picture of Snow White and the seven magical creatures I'm sure it's only a matter of time

7 hours ago, Jay said:

What? Are we sure this will not turn up anywhere else?

By the way, I'm searching in the site and all I can find is the LP.

Looking at the tracklist on the CD, I don't see the end credits music listed. The end credits music in the movie was absolutely gorgeous. Can anyone confirm or deny if the music is on the CD anywhere? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, pixie_twinkle said:

Looking at the tracklist on the CD, I don't see the end credits music listed. The end credits music in the movie was absolutely gorgeous. Can anyone confirm or deny if the music is on the CD anywhere? Thanks in advance.

No its not there.     The whole album is online you can sample it on the treams but the end title march is there on the last track if thats what you mean but the remainder is absent.

The product details of that apparently fake CD on ebay states:

This is not a CD pressed, this soundtrack was only released for digital download 

For more information contact the seller 

FLAC FILES